Author Topic: It's a Start, but....  (Read 9406 times)

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
It's still missing some things.  For instance, even though Starman said this:
The goal of our project is NOT to create a campaign based on our work
I, for one, think it would be a good idea to have a subforum for campaigns released by the HLP community.

Surely there are a few things that this forum could use other than that too, but I'll be damned if I can think at this early in the morning.

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Well, i didn't wanted to request to much boards right now, we will see how the things will develop. Remember, we are still at the start yet. But there are already some good campaigns out, and I'm working on one myself too. So I think I can provide you enough stuff. But as said, the main goal of this project is not to do a campaign. That's easy, and everyone can do that, I want to provide a better game where you can build campaigns for :)
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Well, yes, but I can't really think of a better place to put releast announcements and links to download campaigns made by local forumites, can you?

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
For the beginning, I''m sure a sticky where I will update the first post will be sufficient :) Like I said, we are currently at the start of the project. Hopefully it will develop in that direction, that a new forum will become necessary ;)
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Now that we are here... Does anyone know where to find those fan made campaigns? I can't seem to find any 0_o

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
patience :) I will upload some links this evening, at least those I know :)
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
* headdie sad that he only has MC1 so cant fully take part in these joyous events
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Nohiki

• Graf von Kaffeetrinken
    • Minecraft
uh... MC2 is released for free... Stripped down of multiplayer though, or at least that's what the review said.

Anyway, there are only 2 mods worth it and you can find them on dropship:
http://www.dropshipcommand.com/forum/dcboard.php?az=show_topics&forum=15
:::ALSO PROUD VASUDAN RIGHTS SUPPORTER:::

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
False statement.  I know of at least three more worth it campaigns that are on FilePlanet, and therefore require a subscription to download.

Offline Nohiki

• Graf von Kaffeetrinken
    • Minecraft
ok, for the sake of political correctness:
...IMHO  there are only 2 mods worth it...

Anyway, i liked the the one from the wolf-person. Loads of vehicles, not just mechs. But nothing can beat the Carver V, again imo. Renard and Baxter are just too good characters to be beaten :P
:::ALSO PROUD VASUDAN RIGHTS SUPPORTER:::

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
* headdie sad that he only has MC1 so cant fully take part in these joyous events

Not really. In the sourcecode package (800 Mb) is a folder with the release game candidate (without video and multiplayer)

Also the campaigns mentioned here, also usually provide the complete gamedownload (at least those from wolfman), these download are each around 400 mb, and are all fully working MC2's, except, yeah, you know :)

But nothing can beat the Carver V, again imo. Renard and Baxter are just too good characters to be beaten Tongue

Yeah, it was the only joy in Carver 5 :) The satisfaction of beaten those bad actors :)
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

Offline Arcalane

• Wait, I'm supposed to use evasive maneuvers?
    • Wyrdysm Games Forums
False statement.  I know of at least three more worth it campaigns that are on FilePlanet, and therefore require a subscription to download.

Nope. Common mistake. You do not need a subscription to download things from FailFilePlanet, just an account... which is free.
Don't think, Mechwarrior. Find out.

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Can you point me to the download locations ? Then I will add the links to the sticky.
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Anyway, i liked the the one from the wolf-person. Loads of vehicles, not just mechs.

They had pretty much nothing to do with BattleTech at all, though, so that makes them an instant pass for most of us hard-core fanatics. Leaving only one mod. :P
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline -Norbert-

Yeah, it was the only joy in Carver 5 :) The satisfaction of beaten those bad actors :)
Trust me it could be worse.
If you'd ever heard the german version of the MC 1 intro you'd know. But that's still better than the german translations of Gundam 00.... the HORROR.

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
I have the german version :) And yes, it was certainly nothing for the ears (though not as bad as MC2).  I'm sick of that, and so I'm now buying only english versions for many years now :)
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
    • http://gevatter_lars.tripod.com/
I remember a time when all games where english only. Back then I couldn't speak a word english and allways hoped that there would be some german translations. Now there are german translated games and I hope that they stop doing these bad voiceacting ^_^
"Yes! That is my plan, and I see nothing wrong with it. I figure that if I stick to a stupid strategy long enough it might start to work."
 - comment to "Robotech: The Masters"

Offline -Norbert-

At least in MC1 you were only given spoken briefings for each group of missions, and that officer (Colonel?) wasn't too bad. But the guy in the Hunchback..... "Oh nein! sie haben mich im Visiert" yuck.
I wish more companies would do what was done for Black and White. For that game there was an official English Voice Patch.

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
That, or simply invest more money in good portations. Sofar, Blizzard and Bioware are the only ones that I trust to do good voice acting and look for good actors. Also their translation are done according to the story context and have the correct emotions.

Often it's very obvious, that simply the lines and textes will be given to the translaters (obviously mostly 5 class graders) and they will be translated word for word, which will often result in wrong translation. And due to the german way of handling violence, it's also another reason why I do not buy german games anymore. Besides, since my english is also pretty good, I have no need to :)

My worst example : Starlancer. The stupidity of the dialects was unreached, and my wingman already seems to enjoy when a wingmen is shot down, guess they mixed some lines. Amateurs....  :doubt:
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
    • http://gevatter_lars.tripod.com/
Starlancer...oh yes I remeber it well. It is the best worst voiceacting ever. It was so bad that it was funny just to listen to them.
People from different nations have an acent thats pretty common but such an over the top acent. :rolleyes:

About Bioware and Blizzard.
MassEffect, Dragon Age and StarCraft2 had pretty good voiceactors. Still they are missing just a little bit of the emotions of the english counterparts.
But when you see how the people who are voiceing the english versions are acting their characters in the soundbox you know why they sound more belivable.
"Yes! That is my plan, and I see nothing wrong with it. I figure that if I stick to a stupid strategy long enough it might start to work."
 - comment to "Robotech: The Masters"