Hosted Projects - Non-FreeSpace > MechCommander OmniTech

More questions?!

(1/3) > >>

PhelanJKell:
Just discovered your modding project a week or so ago, been playing it as much as possible! Awesome job, I am enjoying doing the Carver V campaign in a new light. As many of you I am a huge Battletech fan, I play over on the MW:LL crysis mod.

I loved mechcommander severely, and then when MC2 came out I was disappointed by M$'s lack of caring about our beloved universe. I know a few years ago I discovered the Magic files to the mech files etc, I edited the Compas file and figured out there was so much content in the game that was never used.

There is a thread on the MW:LL servers under the battletech universe, which has been asking people about their 'dream' battletech/mechwarrior game. To be honest, I love mechwarrior for sim, but I think a true Battletech Mechcommander style is what I would love to see. Anywho, you guys are doing a great job. I don't have any 3d skills, but I do have allot of time so I'll play the heck out of this and any more content you release.

Due to being relatively new, have you run into limitations with this engine/source code? And have you thought about upgrading to a more advanced engine? What are your dreams for this mod? Apologies if this has been asked before.

Also, have you considered forming a small modding team to design a up-to-date Mechcommander game like the Living Legends team?

Starman01:

--- Quote ---Due to being relatively new, have you run into limitations with this engine/source code?
--- End quote ---

Quite a loit, this engine is full of hardcoded limits. Magic has broken a few, but the most important is the texture size, the engine seems to be limited to 256 x 256 texture size. We bumped it to this value, which already enhances the look, but it's not what we want in the end, but it's a good start. But further enhancements might need quite some engine changes, and need lot of code works, which is why we are always looking for more coders. So, to answer your next question, if possible, we would like to enhance it even more.

--- Quote ---What are your dreams for this mod?
--- End quote ---

We have a very long project goal list. And we want to enhance the game in look and gameplay, as much as possible and as close to the BT universe as possible :)

--- Quote ---Also, have you considered forming a small modding team to design a up-to-date Mechcommander game like the Living Legends team?
--- End quote ---

Ehhrrm, yes. And it's called Mechcommander Omnitech :) Not sure what you mean with this question, this is the entire idea behind this project ;)

PhelanJKell:
I wish I new an ounce of coding, I would volunteer my assistance. If you have other stuff that doesn't including 3d/coding please let me know.

Thanks for the quick reply. You have my full interest, matter of fact I'm gonna go continue to play the campaign!! lol

Starman01:
More stuff is coming :)  And thanks for the interest. If the opportunity arrises, you can do the usual mouth-to-mouth propaganda. :)

PhelanJKell:
Yeah, I told my EVE online corp buddies, who by the way I have converted into MW:LL fans to download this mod. So I've already started to spread the love!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version