Author Topic: Ep. 416 "Blood on the Scales" Discussion (SPOILERS)  (Read 13331 times)

Offline newman

Re: Ep. 416 "Blood on the Scales" Discussion (SPOILERS)
I think they meant "dying leader" for galactica more in a symbolic sense, nobody is suggesting a living, sentient ship.
That would be stupid even for the worst of star trek episodes :)
Even in a symbolic sense, however, it's still a pretty stupid tangent to go on - doesn't fit RDM's pattern, either. So I don't think we need to worry..
« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 10:49:02 am by newman »
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
No it wouldn't. Galactica is undoubtedly the leader of the Rag Tag Fleet.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline newman

Leave the CIC empty and the galactica is nothing but a floating hunk of metal. It's a vessel that carries the leader, not the leader itself. Tho this is semantics, really, it can be argued it's a lead vessel... However I don't see this as a powerful enough of an analogy for the ship itself to be the dying leader. Could be wrong, 'course.
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
That would assume Galactica is sentient. Even that she is the 5th cylon. But if RDM comes up with THAT crap, I will delete the episodes from my HDD and forget that I ever watched them.

Uh. I thought the Fifth was Ellen. :wtf:
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Deckard

• DECK-A-R&D
what seems to be is that the Fifth is definitely not Gaeta nor Zarek..
-------------------------------
Deckard a.k.a The Silencer

Offline wiley

Uh. I thought the Fifth was Ellen. :wtf:

You're right, She is!

Offline Meleardil

• Meleardil Eressea Iluvadan
You cant be sure...all we know, that Mr. XO remembered her from his Earth-life. So, she is most probably A cylon, but not necessarily the very-very final 5th cylon.
"I think it is impossible to really understand somebody, what they want, what they believe, and not love them the way they love themselves."
Speaker for the Dead

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
You do remember Ellen telling Tigh that they would be reborn, right? And in the latest trailer for this Friday's episode
Spoiler:
it shows her being brought back.

Watch it. Trailers are still spoilers past this ep.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 03:08:25 pm by Axem »
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
MY own theory regarding the damage to Galactica is:

Spoiler:
The Bucket is going down, but she's taking Cavil with her

Offline TESLA

• 1.21 gigawatts!
One word: WOW

One problem: Launch tubes are for flushing people out of, not shooting people!!!!

:mad: Dont break with tradition  :mad:
In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced
to talk to God.

There are three types of people in this world: those who make things happen, those who watch things happen and those who wonder what happened.

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
One word: WOW

One problem: Launch tubes are for flushing people out of, not shooting people!!!!

:mad: Dont break with tradition  :mad:
But you have to remember that the flushing people out an airlock thing was not done officially. 
Spoiler:
Zarek and Gaeta were shot officially.

So they are triple use :)
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline Solatar

I'm sure they flushed them out after they shot them.

Quick disposal.

Offline iamzack

What I don't get is why they had a five person firing squad for 2 people at once. :\ The whole point of a firing squad is that nobody knows who has the bullet.
WE ARE HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR FIREWALLS AND SURRENDER YOUR KEYBOARDS. WE WILL ADD YOUR INTELLECTUAL AND VERNACULAR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR FORUMS WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Simple, give out four bullets and one blank. Same principle in reverse.

Although it would have been amusing if all five had shot Zarek :D

Offline Meleardil

• Meleardil Eressea Iluvadan

That's a brilliant idea...I am REALLY curious, how Adama would have solved that awkward situation. :P
"I think it is impossible to really understand somebody, what they want, what they believe, and not love them the way they love themselves."
Speaker for the Dead

Did it recieve visions about serpents ten and two?

That's a brilliant idea...I am REALLY curious, how Adama would have solved that awkward situation. :P

Solved? The shot ended the episode ;).

Offline karajorma

• Administrator

Did it recieve visions about serpents ten and two?

That on the other hand is a bigger problem. :)

Probably would have pulled out a pistol and shot Geata himself. But really, they should've spaced 'em.
'yo my domestic skillets, who put swarm torpedoes on the Tev bombers?'
~Nighteyes

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
I remember my first time on a transport, on the Moon-Mars run. I was just a kid, maybe seventeen. A buddy of mine was messing around, and zipping through the halls, and he hid in one of the airlocks. I don't know, I guess he was gonna try to scare us or something, I don't know...But just as I got close, he must have hit the wrong button because the air doors slammed shut, the space doors opened, and he just flew out into space. You know, the one thing they never tell you is that you don't die instantly in vacuum. Just hung there, against the black, like a puppet with his strings all tangled up. Or one of those old cartoons where you run off the edge of a cliff and your legs keep going.
 You could see that he was trying to breathe, but there was nothing. The one thing I remember, when they pulled in his body, his eyes were frozen. A lot of people make jokes about spacing somebody, about shoving somebody out an airlock. I don't think it's funny. Never will.

Can't really see Adama thinking that's a suitable punishment for Gaeta somehow.

Offline Axem

Your sci-fi universes are crossing over there kara. :p