Author Topic: Ep. 417 "No Exit" Discussion (SPOILERS)  (Read 13502 times)

Re: Ep. 417 "No Exit" Discussion (SPOILERS)
Update upon rewatch: Ellen (and likely the other Five) were, in fact, products of procreation between Kobol-model humanoid Cylons. Otherwise Ellen wouldn't have had a father named John.

EDIT:

ADDITIONAL HOLY ****

So, upon rewatch, in this middle of his craziness, Anders mentions 'warning signs' that the Final Five received before the Holocaust on Earth. "I saw a woman, you saw a man...Tyrol, you thought you had a chip in your head..."

They all had virtual entities in their heads, just like HeadSix with Baltar, and HeadBaltar for Caprica-Six.

They virtual beings really are angels of God! Or so it seems.

I somehow completely missed that...that's huge. And how does Hera fit into all this? What's the deal with the opera house? Too many questions! Frak this is getting confusing.  :confused:

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
(which, btw, I'm assuming that the Hub is actually that very same ship that they traveled on)

If it is, then the FTL sections were retrofitted on by the Centurions. It is possible that whatever reactionless engines the baseships and hub use can reach relativistic speeds.

However, due to the mention of  a colony, I wouldn't be surprised if they abandoned their actual ship and constructed the hub and resurrection ships with joint technology.
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

Overall, a great episode information-wise.    :yes:

Dean Stockwell's acting?  Not so much.   :no:

In my opinion, Stockwell just didn't seem convinced by the material.  His being pi$$ed off at his "mother" Ellen, wasn't, well, very angry in an emotive sense, and for some reason, just about every word he spoke was drawn out.  When people get angry and speak, the words zip out.  For Stockwell, just the opposite.  Weird.  I'm a huge fan of his, particularly his work on Quantum Leap, but his last few appearances in the series have left me wondering what's causing his delivery to seem so flat.

Cavil's a great character, but I'm starting to regret Stockwell's selection to play the role.  This episode was THE moment for him to just unleash his rage regarding his very existence on Ellen.  Instead, it came out as a whimper with really bushy eyebrows trying to look enraged.  The lines regarding the limitations of "human" flesh, and his desire to dance about the very stuff of stars were well written.  There's a lot that one could read between these lines, such as wanting too badly to ascend into the immortal, with none too subtle allusions to Lucifer or whatever demonic deity one would like to submit here, based on personal tastes.  But man, their delivery!  Awful.  Really, really bad stuff here, Dean. 

That aside...

Wow!  So much to digest.  I think that the brain injury was a great means to justify Anders' sudden reconnection with his Cylon history, and to try and get it out as quickly as possible before his memory's subordinated and/or lost. 

Having the scenes with Ellen on the basestar was a nice device to temper the agitated data flooding out of Anders.   

The posts here have really fired up my imagination.  I'd like it if Daniel was Baltar, and that one of the models was Starbuck's father.  But if that's the case,
Spoiler:
and the rumor regarding her future encounter with a piano player are an indication that there is a model of Daniel in the fleet and he's the piano player, well, there's no way that Baltar could be a Daniel-model.

The head-Baltars and head-Sixes must be a manifestation of the other individuals visiting the heads of all the other models.  Anders didn't describe the one he saw as looking like a Six, so that's interesting to contemplate... 

There's definitely a bigger player(s) involved in all of this.  Perhaps whatever it is they keep referring to as "god".  Is it also responsible for Starbuck's return from the dead?  The timeline doesn't seem to permit Ellen to be the one who intervened in the Cylon ship regarding Kara's fate, so...

Can't wait for the next one!

Seriously people, stop casually dropping in spoilers for future events. Last warning. - Karajorma
« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 01:41:24 am by karajorma »

Offline Hellstryker

• waffles
So all of a sudden speculation is equal to spoilers?  :wtf:

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq

The
Spoiler:
piano player
is.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ

He referred to a rumour of an event that would occur in a later episode. And it was a very specific rumour.

It's like saying before 4x12 aired "So if this rumour that the BSG cast did a scene on a nuked planet is true then I guess they find Earth and it's destroyed" That's an absolutely massive spoiler. It's not simple speculation at all.

Posting rumours that relate to future episodes can easily be a spoiler regardless of whether you are certain or not that they are true.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Anf23

• Proud to be a knuckle dragger
One thing thats bugging me about this episode is that its said cavil sent the 5 back to the colonies to mingle with the humans after the war. but didn't Tigh and Adama meet years ago?, i seem to remember an episode, i cant remember which one but its when Tigh and Adama meet (Adama sporting the classic moustache look) but I'm sure Tigh looked a hell of allot younger, but when they showed the flashbacks on Earth he seemed to be about the age he is now which would mean he resurrected on their homemade resurrection hub the same age.

Also did Cavil make up credentials and history for the five as Tigh apparently fought in the original war? surely it would show in fleet records that he didn't

This episode hurts my head :nervous:

Reconsidered posting.  Sent to administrator via PM.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 10:48:46 am by Kyle_K_ski »

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
One thing thats bugging me about this episode is that its said cavil sent the 5 back to the colonies to mingle with the humans after the war. but didn't Tigh and Adama meet years ago?, i seem to remember an episode, i cant remember which one but its when Tigh and Adama meet (Adama sporting the classic moustache look) but I'm sure Tigh looked a hell of allot younger, but when they showed the flashbacks on Earth he seemed to be about the age he is now which would mean he resurrected on their homemade resurrection hub the same age.

Also did Cavil make up credentials and history for the five as Tigh apparently fought in the original war? surely it would show in fleet records that he didn't

This episode hurts my head :nervous:

They met after the first war, when they were both trying to get 'back into the Fleet'.

Offline FSW

Ah, a lot of plot exposition makes for a very satisfying episode. The only thing that disappointed me was a lack of fallout from the mutiny, but that's not what this episode was about.

Do the Five, in their current forms, age? We see Ellen come back exactly as she died, but if this was the way Cavil sent them to the colonies, they would have had a hard time integrating into human society - not to mention maintain their self-belief of being human.

Offline TESLA

• 1.21 gigawatts!
Soooooooooooooooooooooooo that had lots of info in it.........
Going to watch that a few times to make sure i have it all...............

Couple of Q for everyone here. Since their was possibly an AI conflict on Kobol, which led to the creation of the 13th tribe, Nuked earth, etc, etc.

1) Are all humans from Kobol wiped out???

2) Could these humans be the 'head 6 & head Baltar' With the talk of angels in this episode. An evolution of humans??

3) Is Galactica ****ed? One more nuke could end her me thinks????

4) Does John (Cavil) look more sickly to you?? Not sure is it real life, the makeup, kind of appears as if he is dying. Could explain why he hates his body so much, cancer or something?

5) Tigh went weeks without booze???????

6) Why would the centurions be more loyal to John than Ellen, since she is the creator?

7) Are we going to see a trip back to earth or is this 'colony' somewhere else?

8) Is Boomer really helping Ellen, or is it a trick so John can find out the location of the fleet.....

That about does it, not many more episodes to go!

And that smiley little prick who keeps correcting my spelling: **** off!  :D
« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 06:31:09 pm by TESLA »
In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced
to talk to God.

There are three types of people in this world: those who make things happen, those who watch things happen and those who wonder what happened.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Presumably survivors of Kobol humanity founded the Twelve Colonies.

Presumably survivors of Kobol humanity founded the Twelve Colonies.

Yeah, the original Cylons and the humans had a war on Kobol, devastated it, and then everyone went their separate ways.  The Cylons colonizing Earth, the humans colonizing the Colonies.

And boozeless Tigh is a major WTF moment for me.  He's supposed to be the fleet's drunk.  I wonder if he's going to start shaving now and get back to being the mean-ass XO he was at the start instead of the drunken lout he has been.

Also, since Boomer is heading to the fleet, are she and Tyrol going to hook back up?  And Boomer and Athena are going to have to resolve some problems regarding Athena's origins.  The whole "clone with memories meant to trick Helo" thing specifically.  There are going to be lots of explanations in the next episode.  Especially the one where Tigh tells his wife he was cheating on her and knocked up a Six.  Not to mention his apology for killing her.  Tigh will have to deal with two women who will have some jealousy issues with him, not to mention he killed one of them.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
I wondered about the Boomer/Chief thing. A possibility and kind of a fitting full circle.

Tigh and his predicament...I wonder if that one won't be much of a starter.  The resurrected Ellen is not seemingly the kind to get jealous that easily.  I also wonder if she'll find the pregnancy fascinating!
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
And boozeless Tigh is a major WTF moment for me.  He's supposed to be the fleet's drunk.  I wonder if he's going to start shaving now and get back to being the mean-ass XO he was at the start instead of the drunken lout he has been.

Who's to say he can't be both?
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Especially the one where Tigh tells his wife he was cheating on her and knocked up a Six.

It's not cheating if you kill your wife before sleeping with the other woman. :p

The other interesting thing is that Tigh has slept with and got pregnant a woman Ellen regards as her daughter.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline wiley

Especially the one where Tigh tells his wife he was cheating on her and knocked up a Six.

It's not cheating if you kill your wife before sleeping with the other woman. :p

The other interesting thing is that Tigh has slept with and got pregnant a woman Ellen regards as her daughter.

That makes him dad AND Grandpa to the same kid. Hmmm!

"Wouldn't it be so wonderful if everything were meaningless?
But everything is so meaningful, and most everything turns to ****.
Rejoice."
-David Bazan

Offline iamzack

Regarding someone as your child isn't the same as birthing that person...
WE ARE HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR FIREWALLS AND SURRENDER YOUR KEYBOARDS. WE WILL ADD YOUR INTELLECTUAL AND VERNACULAR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR FORUMS WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

No, but it does mean that Tigh's child is in a way Ellen's grandchild.  So that means Tigh is both its father and grandfather.  Remember, the Final Five were responsible for the creation of the skinjobs in the first place.  Do we even know if the child is male or female yet for that matter?

But I'm really looking forwards to what Tyrol and Boomer do, especially since Tyrol had gotten involved with Kailey(sp?) and started raising a child.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems