Author Topic: Ep. 417 "No Exit" Discussion (SPOILERS)  (Read 13504 times)

Offline Snagger

Re: Ep. 417 "No Exit" Discussion (SPOILERS)
Like I said, there is a Daniel in the Caprica spin off, and I think he invents the Cylon skin jobs ahead of the Centurions being created.  How does he have the knowledge to do that, with little time taken for development, if he's not a skin job himself?  It's just speculation, but there appears (from a trailer only, admittedly) to be a possibility of further cross-over intrigue there.

It could be, but the timelines don't work out -- we know that Daniel wasn't created until after the Five arrived, which was after the Cylon uprising, which was after Caprica.
Yep, but there have been plenty of other continuity snafus.  It's just a lot of coincidence otherwise.  Maybe Daniel left Earth well ahead of the Five and other new skin jobs, wanting to learn about the other 12 tribes?

Offline FraktuRe

• Not stupid enough
  • Cheesy oneliner, *****es!
    • Fraktured Reality
umm what?

the 8 were created by the five together with the centurions AFTER the war.
Or something.
There’s nothing like the truth skewed into the mind of the insane.
- Fraktured Reality
The artist formerly known as Cl1nt.

Offline Snagger

umm what?

I have only seen the episode once, so have probably missed a few remarks and details, but I got the impression that the five had made John themselves, and that the others may have been made later with the aid of the Colonies' centurions, or that they had already been designed and built as individuals but then copies were made later for the centurions.  I just didn't pick up on any specific details that stated the earliest of the 8 weren't built until after contact with the Colonial centurions.  The fact that none of the others knew whoe the Five were or about Daniel suggests to me that John and Daniel were built quite early on, and why would you label the second bult as "7".  I'm just not sure about the chronology of events - I think it's possible that the originals of each of the 8 were created on Earth, and that a Daniel that evaded John went ahead, and that the designs were given to the centurions when the Five arrived near the 12 Colonies... It's unlikely perhaps, but given the continuity errors so far, it's probably nothing that needs to be over-analysed.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Cavil most likely wiped the memories of all the skinjobs when he wiped the memories of the final 5. No doubt he kept his own memories though, which is why he was so against anybody talking about the final five.

I consider Daniel being from Earth to be incredibly unlikely. It's one thing to make a continuity error with something from a season earlier, it's a completely different to make one over something that you introduced as "The Answer" a couple of episodes ago.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
umm what?

I have only seen the episode once, so have probably missed a few remarks and details, but I got the impression that the five had made John themselves, and that the others may have been made later with the aid of the Colonies' centurions, or that they had already been designed and built as individuals but then copies were made later for the centurions.  I just didn't pick up on any specific details that stated the earliest of the 8 weren't built until after contact with the Colonial centurions.  The fact that none of the others knew whoe the Five were or about Daniel suggests to me that John and Daniel were built quite early on, and why would you label the second bult as "7".  I'm just not sure about the chronology of events - I think it's possible that the originals of each of the 8 were created on Earth, and that a Daniel that evaded John went ahead, and that the designs were given to the centurions when the Five arrived near the 12 Colonies... It's unlikely perhaps, but given the continuity errors so far, it's probably nothing that needs to be over-analysed.

Nope, you actually just missed some stuff in the episode.

The Five built the Eight for the Centurions after the armistice. It was one of the conditions of ending the war -- they brokered the Armistice, after all.

Offline Snagger

[

Nope, you actually just missed some stuff in the episode.

The Five built the Eight for the Centurions after the armistice. It was one of the conditions of ending the war -- they brokered the Armistice, after all.
I got that bit.  I just wasn't sure they hadn't already built the Eight on Earth or on their way to the 12 Colonies, and then taught the Centurions how to make more of them for themselves as part of the peace deal.