Author Topic: Caprica Returns October 5th  (Read 5265 times)

Re: Caprica Returns October 5th
I remember what I'm thinking of, it was when syfy bought the full 22 episodes for season 1. Would be tragic if syfy didn't pick up a full second season too, one season is never enough to judge a show on.

Stargate: Universe got a second season order fairly quickly, that could be what you're thinking of.
What... why... I don't even want to know why SG:U got the second season and not Caprica.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Caprica simply hasn't been told if it got a second series or not. From what I read in the last interview with a Syfy exec he seemed to have a great deal of belief in the show and was pretty sure it would do well despite under-performing so far.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

I'd think that the real judge of success for SyFy would be DVD sales of Season 1. That was always BSG's strong point, not the ratings so much.

For me the show didn't really get it's feet under it until episode four or five and I believe the trend upwards will continue. That should allow enough time to finish the important story arcs before they pull the plug. Once they get those STO fanatics into some toasters then they could reinvent the show away from Caprica 90210 and more towards the war with the Cylons. Which is what I want to see at least.
Did you hear that fellas? She says I have a Meritorious Unit.