Author Topic: The Strike (HD) - YouTube  (Read 6476 times)

Offline Brennus

• Urban Legend
The Strike (HD) - YouTube
The Strike - YouTube

(WARNING: SPOILER ALERT!)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 09:00:11 am by Brennus »
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here."

- Jayne Cobb, "Firefly"

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Re: The Strike (HD) - YouTube
:jaw:
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline CooperHawkes

• NippleNeck (at least i got something to play with)
 ;) @ all the corkscrew-usage.
take me out to the black,
tell 'em i ain't coming back,
i don't care, i'm still free,
you can't take the sky from me

Offline PhRey

• Composer
    • Ph.Rey Music
Awesome

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
Win.

:D
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline Madcat

And another kickass vid from you, Brennus... :yes:
FWIW, I bought a new PC yesterday because of "smooth framerate envy" when I saw your first vid.  :p Looking forward to enjoy the game in all it's beauty like in your vids!

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Funny thing about watching that video is that when I watch it, I can see what you guys see in the game. Whenever I play, I'm always looking for bugs or problems with the mission. Watching the video lets me see what it's like for you guys to just play it. :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Brennus

• Urban Legend
Thanks, and thanks again to everyone involved w/ Diaspora's development, it really is a masterpiece.

(@ Hawkes, all the fancy maneuvering is really just designed to fool the enemy into thinkin' that he's dealing w/ a competent opponent...)
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here."

- Jayne Cobb, "Firefly"

That's with a head-tracking set, right?
Magnificent.

Offline TwentyPercentCooler

• Operates at 375 kelvin
That's with a head-tracking set, right?
Magnificent.

Yeah, it's a heck of an advertisement for TrackIR...gotta get me one of those after watching that!

Offline Fish

• Nugget
That was very cool! Although, the thread title should include a spoiler warning for the campaign!
<><

Offline newman

Playing without trackIR feels like my head is stuck in a cast and I'm unable to turn it at all, now that I've grown used to it. Brings a lot to the table, game wise. Maybe be a bit expensive if you're just going to use it for Diaspora, but you could always buy a cheapo webcam, a few IR LEDs, and use freetrack :)
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Offline torc

• Diaspora SFX engineer
i use freetrack whit the trackclip pro and one PS3 eye cam... i have no complaints and there's very poor lag.
indossare una divisa può avere un prezzo alto...ma a volte...è troppo alto!!! Bill Adama

really a great vid, but... there are no other actual ways to look around the cockpit than using trackIR or freetrack?

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
If I read correctly around the board, you can press D to look around. Haven't tried myself though.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

mmm it doesn't seems to work, but i changed the key (now is o) may this cause a problem?

mmm it doesn't seems to work, but i changed the key (now is o) may this cause a problem?

I've just made a thread in the FS general forum about this.

There's a key-bound feature in MISC called 'free look view' which supposedly, when pressed or held, will let you use the yaw/pitch input to look around.
So far it doesn't do anything for me. I'm trying to figure out whether my game's bugged or this feature just doesn't work.

Found the answer:

I've been meaning to introduce hat slew commands after implementing TrackIR. The Free Look View command doesn't really do anything right now and I could have it such that you can use it to toggle from quick slew to pan slew.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 02:04:25 am by HunterKiller_ »

well at least i can stop yelling at the keyboard

I love watching these!  I can't justify $150 for TrackIR but this definitely gets me close enough.

What release were you playing (initial, 1st, or 2nd patch)?

Offline Brennus

• Urban Legend
Un-patched, 'til I hit a wall w/ the M6 CTD.  I'm waiting patiently for the next patch before I jump in again, but I'll upload the video from both M5 and M6 when it's fixed.  It's gonna be good video, and if you haven't played it yet, I won't spoil anything, but things get quite desperate!

I'm a sim-nut by nature, so spending $$$ on a peripheral is just part of the game for me, spending ~$150 isn't really unusual, and easily justified.  You can't tell by watchin', but I'm also usin' a CH HOTAS (stick, throttle, pedals), all of which I just can't recommend enough.  And if you review the other videos from my YouTube Channel you'll find more examples of TrackIR and HOTAS usage, from WWI and WWII (RoF, IL-2), to infantry combat (ARMA 2), and space exploration (SW:EM).

- Jayne Cobb, "Firefly"