Author Topic: Question about the Whitestar....  (Read 1980 times)

Offline starfox

Question about the Whitestar....
As the SCP quys have finally implemented the ability to have three or more primary banks, so can you play the current Whitestar version/model with three primary banks. One for the main beam turret and two more for the both side cannons.

Since there already is computer controlled beam cannon aboard, do I have to remove the turret and replace it with a gunbank or something ?

So the question is simple, can I play the current Whitestar now with more than two primaries ?
Rig:
A8N-SLI Premium
AMD 64 X2 4200+
GF 7950 GT
X-FI ExtremeMusic
HEC 550W
2 Gt RAM
Win XP

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
From what I can tell, you'd have to remove the turret (or alter the table file so that it carries no weapon) and add a primary firepoint in Modview or PCS for the player primary.  You'd then need to alter the table entry to support this weapon and indicate a 3rd primary bank.  In fact, it might be a good idea to impliment bank-specific loadouts to prevent the player from mounting the heavy fusion beams in all banks.  Of course, the easier way to do this for mission designers is simply to us the "scramble" mission flag to prevent the player from altering preflight ship selection and loadout selection.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline starfox

What are the position coordinates for the new WS Neutron Beam firepoint ? Are they basically the same as for the AI turreted neutron beam. If I recall correctly the AI turret, which I removed was located in

X=0,00
Y=0,00
Z=4,5

Meaning it should have been  at the very fromt of the ship. I've tried to get it right, but my main problems are as follows

1. WS Neutron beam is present but it does not fire a shot, other weapons will work trough cheats, but the neutron beam does not fire a shot.

2. Whatever I do, firepoint seems to be always at the middle of the ship, not in front.

I was wondering if there are any good guides for the PCS, I sure could use one.

Update:

It appears the WS neutron beam is working now but I cant see the beam itself. I can only see it impact effects, as it fires into another ship. As I switched the neutron beam into bank 1, I saw the "warmup glow" and impact effect but the beam itself again was invisible."

Again this all trouble could be because of the beta-version I downloaded...
« Last Edit: May 01, 2005, 06:15:48 am by 1857 »
Rig:
A8N-SLI Premium
AMD 64 X2 4200+
GF 7950 GT
X-FI ExtremeMusic
HEC 550W
2 Gt RAM
Win XP