Author Topic: Missions and Campaigns  (Read 20350 times)

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Missions and Campaigns
This mod has a problem:
Whenever Fan-mission or -campaigns are released they are released in their own threads. Nobody is able to find anything until he/she searched the whole board...
Let's make this thread a collection of all avalibe missions and campaigns which do not come from the team of TBP. This allows anybody to easly find missions. I hope for everybody's help.

mfg
0rph3u5
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline 0rph3u5

Re: Missions and Campaigns
CAMPAIGNS:
please visit the TBP section of Skippy's campaign list too:
http://fs2.webdl.org/

THE BLACK HAND - EPISODE I - FIRST STEPS INTO THE ABYSS
by 0rph3u5
http://babcom.henna-boy.co.uk/TheBlackHandEpisode1v0916106.zip
http://babcom.henna-boy.co.uk/BH1_11_gosPATCH.zip

A BLIP'S ESCAPE (DEMO)
by Megadoomer
http://www.bath.ac.uk/~rjb25/ablipescapedemo11.zip

MARS DEFENCE FORCE
by Das
http://babcom.henna-boy.co.uk/MDF.zip

MEYNARD SECURITY
by icewind_123
http://babcom.henna-boy.co.uk/meynard_data.rar

SINGLE MISSIONS:

"SIGNS AND PORTENTS"
by 0rph3u5
http://babcom.henna-boy.co.uk/B5SignsnPotents_prebuild.zip

"FIRST CONTACT"
by aipz
http://babcom.henna-boy.co.uk/First_contact_u1.zip

"RED DAGGER"
by aipz
http://babcom.henna-boy.co.uk/Red_dagger_u1.zip

"DEMON HUNTING"
http://babcom.henna-boy.co.uk/S3EA1a.zip

"CAIN AND ABEL"
by rynadrk
http://babcom.henna-boy.co.uk/Drazi-01-CaA.zip

"SHARK INVESTED WATERS"
by rynadrk
http://babcom.henna-boy.co.uk/Drazi-02-SIW.zip

"SWORD OF THE EMPIRE
by 0rph3u5
http://babcom.henna-boy.co.uk/A_01_soe_prebuild.zip

*NOTE: It's not garantieed that all of this mission/campaigns are avalible at the given links. If they don't work contact the author of the file if there is a new link or a new version.
If there are bugs and problems with these files feel free to contact the authors.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2006, 08:43:16 am by 0rph3u5 »
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Not a bad idea 0rph3u5 but you might consider looking into Skippy's Campaign List too.

I think there may be enough to actually make a seperate TBP section.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline RavenTS

• www.KULTLOESUNGEN.de
What about making some campaigns "more official" (extensive testing through many people etc.) and host them on the Web-Page..?

Offline 0rph3u5

Not a bad idea 0rph3u5 but you might consider looking into Skippy's Campaign List too.

I think there may be enough to actually make a seperate TBP section.

I know this thread... but it has 21 pages and it is toally filled with the stuff from the other mods...
I wanted this to be a short list so you don't have to browse the whole board...

What about making some campaigns "more official" (extensive testing through many people etc.) and host them on the Web-Page..?

I think this would be an idea......
but:
1. where do we get the webspace from?
2. some campaign designers (including me) might have no idea how to make a proper website... So we need helpers for those...

==================

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
I know this thread... but it has 21 pages and it is toally filled with the stuff from the other mods...
I wanted this to be a short list so you don't have to browse the whole board...

The thread only exists to let people tell Skippy what to put on his page. The website itself is much cleaner and I doubt Skippy would mind having a TBP section.

Besides I'm not saying that this thread is a bad idea. Just that you should maximise your pimpage by making sure everything in on Skippy's list too. :)

Offline aipz

• War,war never changes...
3 months ago I have made 2 missions set during the Dilgar War timeline...
Which I would like to share with other fans, unfortunately as TBP site had a small makeover all the files were removed...

The missions are called:
First contact - an EA cruiser on a peace relief mission finds itself suddenly in the middle of an unprovoked                                             massacre ( it happens before "official" EA involvment in the Dilgar War)

Red dagger - an EA task force seizes a desperately fighting damaged Dilgar cruiser to capture vital intelligence data
                       that can alter the course of the conflict

Please say to whom should I send those?
If someone has some free webspace to host them I would be gradeful...  ;) / they are about 60 kb each/
« Last Edit: December 27, 2005, 02:50:15 pm by aipz »
"Another fellow pilot"

Offline 0rph3u5

3 months ago I have made 2 missions set during the Dilgar War timeline...
Which I would like to share with other fans, unfortunately as TBP site had a small makeover all the files were removed...

The missions are called:
First contact - an EA cruiser on a peace relief mission finds itself suddenly in the middle of an unprovoked                                             massacre ( it happens before "official" EA involvment in the Dilgar War)

Red dagger - an EA task force seizes a desperately fighting damaged Dilgar cruiser to capture vital intelligence data
                       that can alter the course of the conflict

I know them, I got them, I'll put them up and onto the list

The thread only exists to let people tell Skippy what to put on his page. The website itself is much cleaner and I doubt Skippy would mind having a TBP section.

Besides I'm not saying that this thread is a bad idea. Just that you should maximise your pimpage by making sure everything in on Skippy's list too. :)

I'll have a chat with Skippy as soon as I can about this topic...
« Last Edit: December 28, 2005, 06:17:08 am by 0rph3u5 »

==================

Offline 0rph3u5

I've got some real good news for all campaign projects going on:
Skippy has agreed to integrate a TBP campaign list into his one! :)  :)

==================

Offline ZhaHaDum1972

• What do you want?
How soon do you think Skippy can get it up?
Zathrus know, but not know at same time.

I Am the Right hand of vengence. And the Boot That is going to kick your Sorry Ass all the way back to earth. I am death incarnet, And the last living thing you are ever going to see.
   GOD SENT ME!!!
Ivanova in Between the light and the Darkness."

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
*must resist urge to make dirty comment*

Skippy tends to be fairly quick with this sort of thing. If he has the free time it will probably be quite quick.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
*Amazed at Karajorma for resisting*

Okay well a TBP campaign list is an extremely good idea. Especially if it has links to homepages and or locations where the campaigns can be downloaded. Would be TBP players need a one stop shop where they can go and get missions and the like. You know a dedicated campaign/mission hosting site probably wouldn't go amiss if it sounds like something someone would like to do. Maybe an unofficial TBP fan/FREDers site.

By the way the "official" team definitely wouldn't go for hosting such a thing themselves. Rightly so. They have enough on their plates building releases. It's hard work you know! :)
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Oh while I'm here, add Babylonian History X to whatever list gets created, and Raider Wars I guess.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Primus

• Ranger
  • Lusus Naturae
Well, I'm pretty sure we can host an unofficial TBP site + plus some other stuff for unofficial campaign makers. ;)

And by 'we' I don't mean me and my three other personalities, but StarGame. ;) Things are pretty hectic there currently (techinal stuff), so it may take some time to organize things. We'll get back on this... :)
No surrender, no retreat.

Offline Skippy

• It's not a bug, it's a feature™
    • FS/FS2 Campaigns List
I'll add TBP campaigns ASAP, please post infos on them in the thread ;)
MACHINA TERRA | FS/FS2 Campaigns list
Specs: Core2 Duo 2GHz, 2GB DDR2, 160GB HD, gfg7700 (Asus G1 Laptop)
Q9550, 4GB DDR2, 2x500GB HD (RAID1), RHD4870, X48-DS6, Corsair 620HX (Desktop)

I have a plain and simple question, and I don't think that it would be worth opening an own thread for it:

So, the Heat 'em Up Demo-ReadMe tells me to copy the data into my "missions-folder" in the Data-folder. The same with other unofficial missions/campaigns.
Since I don't have such a folder in my data-folder, there is a certain problem ;)
Also creating a folder named "missions" did not help. So, what am I doing wrong?

Ride! Ride now! Ride for death, ride for ruin!
And the world's ending!

Offline aipz

• War,war never changes...
The path should look like this:
C:\TBP\data\missions\
there you should insert single missions and custom made campaigns which consist of xxxx.fs files(missions)
and xxxx.fc file (campaign file)

You should access custom made campaigns by selecting the appropriate one from the "campaigns menu"
and then "continue" from the main menu

To fly single missions you enter "techroom" than select "mission simulator" and than choose between
current "campaign missions" and "single missions"

This isn't hard to work around  ;)...
Howewer when using campaigns provided by madaboutgames you should follow his guidelines, because they contain sound files and even cutscenes...
"Another fellow pilot"

Offline Primus

• Ranger
  • Lusus Naturae
--Inquiry for Unofficial Campaign Makers--

Would you be interested in similar project hosting like here at HLP and over at GW & GTD, meaning webspace and public + private forum? Downside is that TBP scene is centered in here.

What about the unofficial TBP site? Any need for that now that Skippy's site covers TBP campaigns...
No surrender, no retreat.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
I would be interested in having hosting for both of my campaigns. I'm not entirely sure what I'd do with it mind. Post some screen shots, trailer movies and stuff like that I suppose. Oh and download links too, possibly. Raider Wars isn't really an official TBP campaign anyway. Never was. In fact has anyone on the team ever referred to it as an official campaign? It was released at the same time as 3.2 yes but that doesn't say anything about it's... erm... officiality.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2006, 06:00:09 am by IPAndrews »

Offline 0rph3u5

I would be interested in a hosted website for "The Black Hand" and "Awakening of the Beast" too...
My idea was to have website for giving away some infos on the stories main characters (but not too much) some special backgrounds, show some screenshots and the links for the downloads
but I've no know-how for this (someone will have to help me)

==================