Author Topic: 3.3 Stand Alone?  (Read 1455 times)

Offline Christopherger

• Beyond Infinity Space Becomes Closer
    • 3D Worlds and Game Developers Research Group
Hello all here, I am slowly entering the FS universe and learning about the Open FS set up, and was intrigued to read about the Babylon Project. I saw in some posts that we don't need the FS Open but that the Project is stand alone, is this true? When I read through the detailed install sticky, which is quite a learning set up indeed, thanks for that, I noted much info about different builds for the Open, so it sounds like we do need the FS Open to run the Project ......

Is it basically a MOD for FS Open? Does it have any Babylon V plot movies, or storyline? Just wondered. I saw that we can get single player missions which is great, so I am just trying to prepare what to do next. thanks for any advice, much appreciated. :)
Admin
3D Worlds and Game Developers Group  Linedin
"We Build Worlds"

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
TBP is a complete stand-alone program, using the FS_Open engine.  There are still some remaining pieces of artwork from the FS2 game that are included, mainly borders and buttons.  It is feasable though to eventually replace these.  Unfortunately, there are no plot-movies or cinematics included with TBP, though plans for "The Earth Alliance Civil War" campaign (now in cold storage) had cutscenes written into the plot.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Christopherger

• Beyond Infinity Space Becomes Closer
    • 3D Worlds and Game Developers Research Group
Thanks for the info and details. Much appreciated. I can see a lot of hard work and creativity has gone into this and it is very nice to have the chance to share in it. much appreciated.  :)
Admin
3D Worlds and Game Developers Group  Linedin
"We Build Worlds"