Author Topic: Release: TBP 3.4  (Read 87391 times)

Offline Whitelight

• Thing, man like
Re: The Babylon Project 3.4 / Final download link
I found a minor bug with babylon 4, no rotation of the main body.. So I thought, no problem, i`ll just extract the pof and see if I can fix it.. That turned out to bite me in the butt, for I was unable to open the pof in modelview or pcs.  :wtf:

I think the msi format has a hand in this.   

Is there a way to remove the msi format  so modelview or pcs can open any pof in the vp file, or, am I biting off more than I can chew.  :nervous:
 I feel like my hands are tied, and it kinda takes the fun out of it. :p

I`m probably better off waiting for an update that fixes the error.  But if you know me, I like to tinker.  :D
Simpicity of character is the natural resualt of profound thought

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
For those having installing issues due the spartan design of the Official Installer. an alternate installer for The Babylon Project v3.4 in now available:
<a href="http://files.filefront.com/TheBabylonProject_v3.4.exe/;8173080;/fileinfo.html" title="TheBabylonProject_v3.4.exe">TheBabylonProject_v3.4.exe[/url]
793 MB

And yes it will allow you to choose the install path ;)

hip63 :p

TBP 3.4 rar no install version with all extras

[Shadow]Aarrrghh![/Shadow]

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
I ran out of time. Thus Babylon 4 is unfinished.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Hello

First off, thank you for making such a sweet looking conversion, I've downloaded it and am really eager to fire it up.

That said, I seem to be having issues with getting the game to run, I downloaded and ran both the original installer, and the newer version (After uninstalling and deleting the original installer) and upon loading would get various error messages.

I also had similar issues to the eailer demo, though with that version I had been able to get to the pilot select screen before the game would crash.

(The error's mention that it is pasted upon a clipboard, but I don't know how to access it so I can post the exact info, forgive me, for I am newb.)

Error  ships.tb(line 1537:
Error: Required token ={#End} {$Subsystem:} or{$Name},found{$animation=triggered}

And so on..

Any pointers on what I need to do to fix this would be apreacted.

Thanks

« Last Edit: August 02, 2007, 05:51:42 pm by Pathwarden »

Offline Trasher258

• I'm a gamer but I'm shy...autistic
    • My Windows Live Space
For those having installing issues due the spartan design of the Official Installer. an alternate installer for The Babylon Project v3.4 in now available:
TheBabylonProject_v3.4.exe
793 MB

And yes it will allow you to choose the install path

hip63

Thx for this installer. It gonna save me alot of trouble. I was downloading the other one but while read the posts I thought "Umm... not a good sign!"
They see things, they ask "Why?" But I dream of things that never were, I say "Why not?"

Offline Trasher258

• I'm a gamer but I'm shy...autistic
    • My Windows Live Space
By the way, since this runs on the FSO engine... Can you make it so you can just download it as a mod folder? It's easier than downloading a copy of the same engine.
They see things, they ask "Why?" But I dream of things that never were, I say "Why not?"

Offline Whitelight

• Thing, man like
I ran out of time. Thus Babylon 4 is unfinished.

Fair enough.

Well I guess i`ll wait for someone to get tired of it not rotating and has the knollage to extract and fix it.  :D
I know i`m not going to anytime soon.  But i`ll keep trying.  :p
Simpicity of character is the natural resualt of profound thought

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
That said, I seem to be having issues with getting the game to run, I downloaded and ran both the original installer, and the newer version (After uninstalling and deleting the original installer) and upon loading would get various error messages.

I also had similar issues to the eailer demo, though with that version I had been able to get to the pilot select screen before the game would crash.

(The error's mention that it is pasted upon a clipboard, but I don't know how to access it so I can post the exact info, forgive me, for I am newb.)

Error  ships.tb(line 1537:
Error: Required token ={#End} {$Subsystem:} or{$Name},found{$animation=triggered}

And so on..

Any pointers on what I need to do to fix this would be apreacted.

Thanks

The clipboard is accessed by holding down CTRL, and pressing either X, C, or V.  X will remove a selection and put it in the clipboard, C will make a copy and put it in the clipboard, leaving the original, and V will copy from the clip board to currently active destination, leaving a copy on the clipboard, until the computer is restarted or something else replaces it in the clipboard.  So, the error message says its in the clipboard, so the CTRL + C part is already done for you.   Put your cursor in the reply box, so that it is flashing there as if you were going to type.  Press CTRL + V: voila!!  CTRL +X,C,V is the same as Edit or Right-click -> Cut Copy Paste that you are probably familiar with.

Now, make sure you have a directory \The Babylon Project\data\players\single  if you don't, then create those directories.  Does that help?  If not let me know.

By the way, since this runs on the FSO engine... Can you make it so you can just download it as a mod folder? It's easier than downloading a copy of the same engine.

It's only like 5 MB.

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Just been playing this evening, awesome work! Really nice looking from the front-end onwards. I've been playing the Earth Minbari War, which was the campaign that more or less bought me to HLP, and... I still suck!

Seriously though, great, fun game, I'm on Holding The Line at the moment, hard work, especially without a decent Joystick, but the atmosphere was good, and the models worked really well. My only concern is that my fighter felt a wee bit on the slow side while fly-bying large ships, but then, I guess if you tweaked up one fighter, you'd have to tweak them all up, and Nials are hard enough to hit already ;)

All in all, it's the first bit of 'Freespace' I've played in a while, mainly due to lack of aforementioned decent Joystick, and I just wanted to say thanks, and well done. :)

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Heh, the only reason I haven't given it a go yet is because there's no hope whatsoever of controlling a Viper with drift without using a Joystick of some kind, or at least until mouse support is exponential instead of linear :) I did download it and have a go, but keyboard is really not my controller of choice for this sort of game.

Now, make sure you have a directory \The Babylon Project\data\players\single  if you don't, then create those directories.  Does that help?  If not let me know.

Yes, I checked and the dir path of  \The Babylon Project\data\players\single already exsited, even had a 0 kb fille named inferno inside.. (Didnt know if that should be there, took the file inferno out and tried running, same error upon splash screen, so i put it back in)

I do freely admit I have a somewhat wonky pc, so maybe its just me :(

Anyways, any other suggestions, well aside from chucking the stone age pc out of a window.

Edit :Whoa, first time ive managed to quote myself on a post. 

Edit2: Tried a uninstall > delete > reinstall, same error on start up.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2007, 01:37:19 pm by Pathwarden »

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
What kind of GFX card do you have?  How much system memory (RAM)?  What kind of processor?  Which OS?

*hissing sound of PPG loading*
I don't like what you are doing here... Watch the Overfoot or you get stepped on!

:nervous:

:mad2:  Come get some!!!!!

800 mhz Duron

ATI Radeon 9600 xt 128 ram

368(?)ish Ram

Win XP

Yea.. like I said its stone age, basicly holding together with spit and glue.. Oh, and some duct tape :P

Edit: Guess I can try and dig up the drivers for my card and reinstalling them, I do run some ofther 3d games (FFXI, WoW) with no issues though.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Latest display drivers for your computer, which I pulled off of here.

Reinstalled card drivers, same error on start up.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
This is from a fresh install, right?  If so, then see if there is a debug build you can run from the launcher (change the name of the .exe file to the debug version by hitting Browse).  Now, after it crashes, go look in your Babylon Project\data directory for an error log.  Attach this log to your next post by clicking "Additional Options..." (if that is not visible, hit the Preview button first).

It isn't working for me.

Every time I double click on Launcher.exe or fs2_open_3_6_9.exe, (or any executable file other than fred2_open_3_6_9.exe) I get a "(program name) has encountered a problem and needs to close."

What do I need to do in order to get this game to run?

Here is an excerpt from my error log:

fs2_open_3_6_9 caused an Access Violation in module OpenAL32.dll at 001b:10005ef2.
Exception handler called in FreeSpace 2 Main Thread.
Error occurred at 8/5/2007 13:40:30.
C:\Program Files\The Babylon Project\fs2_open_3_6_9.exe, run by Defiant.
1 processor(s), type 586.
1023 MBytes physical memory.
Read from location 00000000 caused an access violation.

Offline Saben

Error: Malloc Failed!

File:J:\src\cvs\fs2_open_3_6_9.final\code\GlobalIncs\WinDebug.cpp
Line: 1677
[This filename points to the location of a file on the computer that built this executable]

Call stack:
------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------

This is an error I get when I try to load any mission, single or campaign. I've run the game in Direct3D and the missions load and I can play but is there a way to fix this problem without having to use Direct3d? Anyway, regardless,  what a great game and it's a blast to play.  Starfuries forever  :)

Offline akenbosch

• Pretentious Noob
  • doesent care about canon

Burn the sucker out of the sky!
EAT PHOTONS INFIDEL! MAY THE HEAT OF A THOUSAND SUNS CONSUME YOU! :mad2:

snail gives a debriefing: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,48825.msg991954.html#msg991954

WooT!

Finnaly got it working, seems while I was digging through the clutter I call a HD, I had two copies of freepace 2 installed in two seperate locations, along with some other things that shouldnt have been where they were.

So after a lil uninstalling, deleting, redownloading and reinstalling, Poof! I can get to the pilot screen now. The intro CS was rather choppy, guessing thats cause my pc is under reccomended specs.

After having played through two other conversions (Wing commander and Btrl) I am really hyped to give it a go.

Quick question : I noticed Raider wars and Earth membari wars was included, but for Earth - Membari war is listed as a Demo, is that a typo or do I need to download the full version sepretly, as I thought the OP said both campaigns are included in the download.