Author Topic: B5 MMORPG  (Read 2201 times)

I'm curious about one thing. Is there any way to create some kind MMO in our favorite universe? Well, FreeSpace's engine may be not the best engine for such game or mod, but what about other games? X3 for example. Or Freelancer. Or any other game I can not remember right now.

Offline Asprin

Well, in my opinion, the best solution is to use OGRE graphic engine, all the rest have to create from scratch.
QuantreTech Studios

So is there any one interested in this?  I mean if yes, then let's give it a try. Models, textures can be taken from TBP (if they don't mind), we have great universe, ships, weapons, lot's of stuff! Frankly speaking I don't understand why this kind of a game wasn't created long time before.

Offline Asprin

then let's give it a try
You know, it is easy to say. OGRE it's just graphic engine and all rest - physics, mathematics, AI.......it is all have to create from scratch. So, to do this we need in 10-15 programmers as minimum.
QuantreTech Studios

The point of this topic is to get everyone who wish to try :)

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
I knocked one up on the bog this morning. Unfortunately I lost the roll of toilet paper I wrote the code on. I think I might have flushed it. Sorry.  :nervous:
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline emi_100

• www.artstation.com/emimartinez
A Baylon 5 Mod is in development, using the X3 engine (next gen game)....
it look really AMAGING!!
here it's...
http://b5.hc-gamer.de/
DEDICATED TO ALL THE
PEOPLE WHO PREDICTED
THAT THE BABYLON
PROJECT WOULD FAIL IN
IT'S MISSION.

-------FAITH MANAGES------
  • Normal Maps for -The Babylon Project-
  • "Battle at ..." (Campaign) You can't choose when, but you will choose where... and you will fight! GO NOW!
  • "One Mistake" (Third Space Campaign)
  • "Each Night I Dream of Home" (Crusade Single Mision)

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
X3 is a trading game. Similar in concept to the classic Elite. Not exactly MMORPG but more free form and non-linear than Freespace. One of our talented ex-modellers IE_Maverick is working on the mod.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.