Author Topic: Sins of a Solar Empire FreeSpace Mod Project  (Read 19731 times)

Re: Sins of a Solar Empire FreeSpace Mod Project
im gonna guess and say around 100 ships for small fleet size games(per race).  i always mess with stuff so i wont get the normal numbers.  i think there are pics of someone who did the 20000+ ships thing is sins.  dont know what they were running.  i have a dual amd 3800 with a 256 vid card and i can run the game almost on full graphics with small fleet sizes.  a little chop in the late game when 3 races show up to one planet with big wompom fleets.

Offline Al Tarket

• A resident nutcase from Jerusalem.
    • An FSO Modification site
your looking for a person who has general all round knowledge of freespace?
im sure mostly everyone here including me has that :rolleyes:.

take your pick your cant miss :).
Cowardice is no selfishness, Friendliness is no enemy and Information is no attack platform.

Judge these words wisely and you might make it through this cruel world.

Offline The Boz

4 players with small fleets(you can adjust the maximum fleet capacity before the game starts) means roughly a maximum of 1000 ships present at any one time...
MAKE LOVE, NOT SPAM!

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
Did anyone actually click the image?
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter
That was just someone messing with the game. The pop cap in the game is limited to 2000 and most ships fill more than one unit of that limit.
"Closing the Box" - a campaign in the making :nervous:

Shrike is a dirty dirty admin, he's the destroyer of souls... oh god, let it be glue...

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
Question. Whats gonna be your capital ships ? IIRC, there a 7 capital ships per side, but the GTVA has only 4, Orion, Hecate, Typhon, Hasphethut, and the Shivans, 2; Demon, Ravana. Unless its classified info. O_O
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline The Boz

So far, we've split the GTA and PVN back, so we have 2 cap ships per side, plus two super cap ships(Hades/Lucifer like) and two uber cap ships(Colossus/Sathanas style). Nothing's set in stone yet. Who knows, with the recent patch to Sins, we might end up making every single ship increase in power with level, and stuff like that.
So far, I've taken the job of finding and balancing a role for each of the ships, including combat tactics, special abilities, etc. I've a hundred ideas already, but all I can promise is that you won't be disappointed by what we've cooked up :)
MAKE LOVE, NOT SPAM!

Offline Al Tarket

• A resident nutcase from Jerusalem.
    • An FSO Modification site
well i can promise you that you get too many ideas you will be making too many second decisions on whether it was the right call. what do you have going for campaign or mission wise? i was currently going to play sins soon but since Mahkat wanted to promote our campaign on fs2 i wont have time for it.

and i think you know that if you do not have a solid foundation the whole house will fall on top of you brick by brick and then a thousand roof tiles :P.
Cowardice is no selfishness, Friendliness is no enemy and Information is no attack platform.

Judge these words wisely and you might make it through this cruel world.

sins is pretty limited as far as campaigns or scripting goes, no events really.  it will be limited to the tech tree's really and how you setup your starting map. ie, PVN,GTA with lots of system, shivans with one.

i totally didnt click on the bird pic but it gave me a good chuckle.

im totally of the mind set of building this thing in small increments with the flashier/gimicky things coming at the end when the main stuff is sorted.  all this is moot untill we get the model/texture process going.  soon....

Offline DeltaEpsilon

• SoaSE FS2 Mod Leader
    • SoaSE FS2 Mod Project
Anyone that's wanting to help out or join the mod team can visit our forums. Or if you just want to check up on progress and what our ideas for the finished product will be.

SoaSE FS2 Project Forums

Has this gone anywhere recently? I'm dying to see a FS mod for SoaSE, but I have no experience or training in such things.....yet.
I shat all over that Shivan fighter....right up 'till his buddy got me.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
That Forum seems to be pretty dead :(
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Damnit, I've been looking in all the nooks and crannies for a FS2 SoaSE mod, and this is the only one I've found.....Would REALLY suck if they gave it up, but Sins has changed so much since they started (expansion pack, GU2, April DC) that they're old mod code is probably useless.....Damnit.

Offline TESLA

• 1.21 gigawatts!
I doubt my Pentium 2 at 266 Mhz with a Matrox G400 (or was it G200?) can play Sins. :p

Holy Frak, that should be in a museum
In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced
to talk to God.

There are three types of people in this world: those who make things happen, those who watch things happen and those who wonder what happened.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
Maybe they're waiting for all the SoaSE stuff to be out before continuing the mod.

... Maybe.
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Maybe they're waiting for all the SoaSE stuff to be out before continuing the mod.

... Maybe.

*Knock on Wood* I hope so.

The mod really was great fun. Nothing more satisfying than blowing up the Lucifer with 10 Orions :)
I would imagine it is either dead or waiting for Diplomacy to be released, as any new code and such they wrote for Entrenchment would be most likely invalidated.
'yo my domestic skillets, who put swarm torpedoes on the Tev bombers?'
~Nighteyes

The mod really was great fun. Nothing more satisfying than blowing up the Lucifer with 10 Orions :)
I would imagine it is either dead or waiting for Diplomacy to be released, as any new code and such they wrote for Entrenchment would be most likely invalidated.

Wait.

They released a mod for it? Even if it is outdated and unplayable....that changes everything....I can roll back my install....

'yo my domestic skillets, who put swarm torpedoes on the Tev bombers?'
~Nighteyes

This mod actually still works even with the latest update. I don't know if you can play on Entrenchment, and the .Galaxy files that came with it are useless, but the mod itself still plays. Even made a BEAUTIFUL new galaxy map for it. For any SoaSE fans looking for an FS2 mod, download this thing. Link is a few posts up.