Author Topic: PXO rankings hack  (Read 1198 times)

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
Anyone remember PXO?  I put so much work in back in the old 56K days.  Surprising the game was as smooth as it was considering how poor our connections and computers were :)
Still, made for an amazing experience that I'll never forget.  Playing with some great people, a handful of whom I've stayed in touch with over the years.

Made the 'pilot image' for a lot of players - I remember sitting screenshotting the lucifer exploding in the end-game movie, and then converting it for shockwave

Me and Hurricane put in countless games playing Unstoppable, each of us flying Valkyries, using the bug in the mission to send the two objective ships we had to protect home, then going to one of the three hiding spots on the capital ship - one killing the ship, and the other picking off manticores

Good times.

Anyone want to take a guess at how the rankings were hacked? (i.e. players that clearly shouldn't have had a score that high.  I remember right before PXO shut down (i can't find it in archive.org) most of the top players had a dozen or less games played.  Compared to others that (legitimately) had thousands.

Any guesses?

[attachment eaten by a Shivan]

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
I should add that when i started playing FS1, it was late; near the end.  Only a handful of players on at any given time.  So i probably only knew 12-13 of the players in that list.  The rest (most notably Xinny and Zer0) had long since moved on.  Since I had a computer that wasn't capable of playing FS2, I was stuck with FS1 :)

I'm also going to be upgrading my 'info' site, removing the (horrible) and outdated Flash navigation.  This will serve as a means of holding me to it.  This coming week I expect to be complete.  There is some good info there that might be useful to someone

Offline wookieejedi

• Intensify Forward Firepower
Not sure about that, but I should let you know that taylor has recently brought PXO back for FSO. There is even an entire channel on the Discord server dedicated to :) Thanks to his hard work it makes the community one step closer to brining multiplayer up to a better place for the new decade.

Are those the stats from the normal pilot file or the multi ones?

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
Are those the stats from the normal pilot file or the multi ones?

That's parallax online. They only tracked multiplayer.

Ah OK, didn't knew that.

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
No one interested in knowing how it was hacked?

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Hacking Rebel Intercept was common as muck......   I remember a huge amount of profane and explicit squad war profile pics and Squadron imagery 😂

Was SSC Shattered Star Combine?   :wtf:

LOA forever 👌
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
Hacking Rebel Intercept was common as muck......   I remember a huge amount of profane and explicit squad war profile pics and Squadron imagery 😂

Was SSC Shattered Star Combine?   :wtf:

LOA forever 👌

Not sure; it was before my time; i saw the SSC tags, but didn't ever know what they meant