Author Topic: Your weapon/mecha of choice  (Read 23797 times)

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
Your weapon/mecha of choice
Originally posted by Flaser

It's good that someone finally realized the potent of the Typhoon - btw France isn't going to be a real problem, since they haven't been that active in the research from the very begining.

Have in mind though that it's mainly an interceptor, not a strike craft.

heh? France left the project years ago ( because what was originally planed had been toned down because of budget decrease from spain iirc ) and made the Rafale, which is better anyway :ha:
SCREW CANON!

Offline Liberator

• Poe's Law In Action
Bah!

I'll take a fully armed GP-03 Stamen/Orchis and a Solar System and whack almost anybody,  till the I-Field fails anyway.  Then when my escape pod lands I hotfoot it to my Tallgeese III that I his before the battle started.
So as through a glass, and darkly
The age long strife I see
Where I fought in many guises,
Many names, but always me.

There are only 10 types of people in the world , those that understand binary and those that don't.

Offline diamondgeezer

Originally posted by Venom
heh? France left the project years ago and made the Rafale, which is better anyway :ha:

I'd like to see the Rafale dodge a volley ten Meteors, though that would leave me with only a couple of ASRAAMs and me cannon for getting dirty...

I had been aiming to join the RAF in the hopes of one day flying the Typhoon, but then I saw the light and decided that naval aviation is the choice of the professional - so bring on the X-35!

Offline Nico

• Venom
Originally posted by diamondgeezer

I'd like to see the Rafale dodge a volley ten Meteors, though that would leave me with only a couple of ASRAAMs and me cannon for getting dirty...

I had been aiming to join the RAF in the hopes of one day flying the Typhoon, but then I saw the light and decided that naval aviation is the choice of the professional - so bring on the X-35!

I don't wanna argue with you for such a stupid thing, just read that

http://pub14.ezboard.com/fwarandpoliticsfrm30.showMessage?topicID=83.topic ( I like tha fact that all the things the typhoon is supposed to do better will be achieved when they will put new engines, radars, etc. the rafale is already in series prproduction there's dozens of them flying :rolleyes: )

to sum up: one more hard point, 3 (!) more tons of missiles/bombs whatever. can fly 500 more km.

no need to brag about the typhoon payload as it is, well... :p
« Last Edit: May 31, 2003, 09:32:11 pm by 83 »
SCREW CANON!

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
Originally posted by Petrarch of the VBB

Another chance to link to www.rusarm.ru methinks.

just be sure to call their offices in iraq before doing something :)

Phone: (9641) 7196939  
Fax: (9641) 7173519

edit: its a funny story on how i found that place

and su27 owns the mig29 so don't bother

http://www.rusarm.ru/products/af/su27sk.htm
« Last Edit: May 31, 2003, 09:43:05 pm by 31 »
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
    • http://nodewar.penguinbomb.com/forum

Nuff said.

I had like 5 of those at one time.

And as far as personal weaponry goes:

The be-all and end-all of any apocalyptic arsenal of doom.
"I.....don't.....CARE!!!!!" ---- an0n
"an0n's right. He's crazy, an asshole, not to be trusted, rarely to be taken seriously, and never to be allowed near your mother. But, he's got a knack for being right. In the worst possible way he can find." ---- Yuppygoat
~-=~!@!~=-~ : Nodewar.com

Offline mikhael

• Back to skool
  • Fnord!
    • http://www.google.com/search?q=404error.com

Another chance to link to www.rusarm.ru methinks.

They have some pretty good photos of weapons systems up close. I think I shall be doing some high poly weapons ani models in the near future. :D
[I am not really here. This post is entirely a figment of your imagination.]

Offline tEAbAG

Gimmie a Su-47

You really have to see video of the damned thing flying backwards and doing a controlled tumble from the sky.  Freakin ruskies ain't done yet!
If happiness is a warm gun and love is a battlefield, why should we give peace a chance?

C-130 rollin' down the strip
hits a rock and start to tip
its all right, its OK
full of soldiers anyway

I think we should go Mung his dead grandma. - anOn

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
thats not for sale...

*adds to list*
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline Razor

Yes, but MIG 29 owns the F 16 big time. Larger payload, long range missiles two engines (not just one like on the F 16), greater speed (d'oh)
Anyways, here is my pet. Now all I need to do is to load it with them special bombs and drop'em over your little robots. :drevil:

Offline J.F.K.

Originally posted by Styxx
What would you do with that, watch the battle? :p

Yeah, but he could watch it really fast. ;)
[font="SerpentineDBol"]. . . . W H O . I S . T H E . M A N , . W H O . I S . T H E . M Y T H ?[/font]

Offline Petrarch of the VBB

• Koala-monkey
I want that new flanker, used for Maritime patrol, that has a twin cockpit, and even a galley!

Offline Nico

• Venom
Originally posted by Razor
Yes, but MIG 29 owns the F 16 big time. Larger payload, long range missiles two engines (not just one like on the F 16), greater speed (d'oh)
Anyways, here is my pet. Now all I need to do is to load it with them special bombs and drop'em over your little robots. :drevil:

at least, take the interceptor varient, the YF12 :p

http://www.wvi.com/~lelandh/yf12~1.htm

owned, razor :p
SCREW CANON!

• Koala-monkey
Pff, I'll take the F-117 prototype, the one with the tail fins turned inwards, that or Have Blue or whatever it's called.

Offline diamondgeezer

Blah... Rafale... blah

Isn't the Rafale the one which the French built before they realised their carriers weren't big enough for it? The Charles de Gaulle was the carrier in question, I think...

Anywho, as for that SU-47 Berkut, that thing shouldn't be allowed. Luckily for the west it's a one-off technology demonstator built by Sukhoi, who didn't have enough money to push it for production. It packs something like 80k lbs of thrust and is rumoured to have rear-facing radar for complete 360 degree coverage. The best bit is, it's 'super-manouverable', which basically means the pilot retains complete control in a stall :shaking:

God forbid the russians ever get the thing in to the factories...

Anywho, as for that SU-47 Berkut, that thing shouldn't be allowed. Luckily for the west it's a one-off technology demonstator built by Sukhoi, who didn't have enough money to push it for production. It packs something like 80k lbs of thrust and is rumoured to have rear-facing radar for complete 360 degree coverage. The best bit is, it's 'super-manouverable', which basically means the pilot retains complete control in a stall

A few transforming components, thermonuclear engines, overtechnology = YF-19 :D

Offline Tiara

• Mrs. T, foo'!
Meh, seeing you all go flying off in aircraft I'll just build a few hundred of these on my island.

Skyguard Velos - RIM-7 M Sparrow

(close proximity to my house)
Patriots (duh)

(Spread around the edge of my island)

In case of persistant irritation of a particular person/nation some ICBM's[/b]

DF-5 CSS-4 Mod. 2
Specs:  (ICBM, two stage, liquid-fueled, range: 13,000 km/11,000 km/7,457 miles, modernized, blunt nose, increased range or payload)

I'd probably be the new target for the US :p
I AM GOD! AND I SHALL SMITE THEE!

...because I can :drevil:

Offline Nico

• Venom
Originally posted by diamondgeezer

Isn't the Rafale the one which the French built before they realised their carriers weren't big enough for it? The Charles de Gaulle was the carrier in question, I think...

Anywho, as for that SU-47 Berkut, that thing shouldn't be allowed. Luckily for the west it's a one-off technology demonstator built by Sukhoi, who didn't have enough money to push it for production. It packs something like 80k lbs of thrust and is rumoured to have rear-facing radar for complete 360 degree coverage. The best bit is, it's 'super-manouverable', which basically means the pilot retains complete control in a stall :shaking:

God forbid the russians ever get the thing in to the factories...

heh, the rafale is not the pb, the carrier is ;). anyway, the CdG musn't be that bad since the brits want to buy a couple of them :p

and the berkut owns, it's more maneuvrable that the f22 or anything ( well the su27 was too anyway ), and it just looks so great :p
my favourite plane so far.
SCREW CANON!

• Koala-monkey

anyway, the CdG musn't be that bad since the brits want to buy a couple of them :p

But the Navy has just been talking of mothballing the carriers, very odd.
I demand the Britain buys the Nimitz, as with it being Nuclear powered, in only needs to refuel every FOURTEEN YEARS!

Offline Nico

• Venom

But the Navy has just been talking of mothballing the carriers, very odd.
I demand the Britain buys the Nimitz, as with it being Nuclear powered, in only needs to refuel every FOURTEEN YEARS!

the CdG is nuclear powered too, you f00 ;)
well the CdG is much smaller than a nimitz, I guess it can be seen as a good point for some people. it also has reduced radar profile ( heh, a stealth ship, what a joke I think :p ).
SCREW CANON!