Author Topic: It's almost here! (teh passion)  (Read 13621 times)

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
    • http://nodewar.penguinbomb.com/forum
It's almost here! (teh passion)
When you're all alone, in the dark, you'll only ever be 5.

You may complicate things with masks you show to others with varying degrees of success. The things you know may vary your vocabulary and the way in which you present your arguments.

But in the end, when there's just you, you're 5.

Trust me, I know. I used to make a habit of just watching people when they thought they were in their own little world. In that half a second after they say something funny or provocative, then recoil. Thats when you see who they really are. While they're changing masks. While their mind is too busy playing through scenarios of what might come of their next sentence to worry about how people percieve them.

At their core, everyone is five years old.
"I.....don't.....CARE!!!!!" ---- an0n
"an0n's right. He's crazy, an asshole, not to be trusted, rarely to be taken seriously, and never to be allowed near your mother. But, he's got a knack for being right. In the worst possible way he can find." ---- Yuppygoat
~-=~!@!~=-~ : Nodewar.com

Offline vyper

• The Sexy Scotsman
Hmm, best not to comment on the irony here... :D
"But you live, you learn.  Unless you die.  Then you're ****ed." - aldo14

Offline Liberator

• Poe's Law In Action
And how many years have you have to learn this an0n?  I will accept that you are probably younger than me, possibly by as much as 10 years, so frankly, unless you have somehow subjectively lived a decade longer than everyone else in the same span of objective time try again when you're older.  

When you've seen someone who was an angry booze-hound for nearly 30 years change into a relatively soft-spoken nice guy, you'll understand.
So as through a glass, and darkly
The age long strife I see
Where I fought in many guises,
Many names, but always me.

There are only 10 types of people in the world , those that understand binary and those that don't.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Side note: we're not the only ones to be discussion-happy over The Passion. :p
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Rictor

• Murdered by Brazilian Psychopath
Originally posted by an0n
When you're all alone, in the dark, you'll only ever be 5.

You may complicate things with masks you show to others with varying degrees of success. The things you know may vary your vocabulary and the way in which you present your arguments.

But in the end, when there's just you, you're 5.

Trust me, I know. I used to make a habit of just watching people when they thought they were in their own little world. In that half a second after they say something funny or provocative, then recoil. Thats when you see who they really are. While they're changing masks. While their mind is too busy playing through scenarios of what might come of their next sentence to worry about how people percieve them.

At their core, everyone is five years old.

I've quite a few objections to this, one of them being that it is not true for all people. Some, sure. But there is such a thing as wisdom that is learned from living. I don't mean some phony Confucious Says wisdom, I mean a real (however limited) insight into Life and Stuff.

When you get to the point where you simply don't care what others think (usually near the end of life) you stop wearing masks and then you can see that some people have actually adavanced past being 5 years old.

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
Nope.

Totally, unreservedly and throughout all their life, everyone is five years old.
"an0n's right. He's crazy, an asshole, not to be trusted, rarely to be taken seriously, and never to be allowed near your mother. But, he's got a knack for being right. In the worst possible way he can find." ---- Yuppygoat

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Are you just trying to see how many people you can get to agree with you out of sheer stubbornness? You sound like a friend of mine. :rolleyes:
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
..........Maybe.

But largely because the proof of my argument is largely intangible and can only be understood through careful observations of people.

It's like playing pool. No-one can really teach you, you just have to watch and learn.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
This particular friend of mine, whenever he gets caught up in a debate/argument, usually takes the stance of some certain BS and presents it in a fashion that manages to convince pretty much everyone around him that he knows what he's talking about.

I can see right through him.

And you're talking BS. ;) :D

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
Originally posted by Sandwich
Side note: we're not the only ones to be discussion-happy over The Passion. :p

I thought everyone else was discussion-happy about the "scandalous" sequel Gibson is making: The Lust of the Christ :p
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
No no no! Now you're confusing movies! It's The Lust of the Mohicans! ;)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Originally posted by Sandwich
No no no! Now you're confusing movies! It's The Lust of the Mohicans! ;)

Would mind seeing that one :) There aren't anywhere near enough american-indian babes in movies :D

Not certain if anyone has posted this already (and I can't be bothered to check more than a couple of pages back) but this made me laugh.

Jesus Demands Greater Creative Control Over Next Movie
« Last Edit: March 08, 2004, 07:44:48 am by 340 »
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline mikhael

• Back to skool
  • Fnord!
    • http://www.google.com/search?q=404error.com
I showed that Onion article to my wife. Her immediate reaction was, "Ooooooh... they're going to Heeeeeeeeeeeeell... again." Gotta love the Onion.
[I am not really here. This post is entirely a figment of your imagination.]

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Originally posted by mikhael
I showed that Onion article to my wife. Her immediate reaction was, "Ooooooh... they're going to Heeeeeeeeeeeeell... again." Gotta love the Onion.

They've been told they're going to hell so often I'm suprised they haven't started selling the spare tickets :D

I especially liked

"I tend to have problems pitching to studio executives," Christ said. "Last week, I appeared in a vision before a D-girl at Sony, and I said, 'Be not afraid, for I am Jesus—I have written a treatment and Matthew McConaughey is interested in the role of Herod.' Apparently, she was a little freaked-out by the vision and she ended up passing on the idea. Ron said that next time I should just schedule a lunch meeting like everyone else."

:lol:
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
:lol: