Author Topic: Enterprise finale  (Read 8029 times)

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
I'd be thoroughly even more pissed off than I am now if they pulled another Akira with the Alien.
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline Liberator

• Poe's Law In Action
The more you look at it, Enterprise only bears a passing resemblance to the Akira class.  Certainly there are similarities, it's a Star Trek Starship after all, but it's really very different.

Also, is it just me or is Enterprise really big for 80 crew members?
So as through a glass, and darkly
The age long strife I see
Where I fought in many guises,
Many names, but always me.

There are only 10 types of people in the world , those that understand binary and those that don't.

Offline Ulala

• Groooove Evening, viewers!
I dunno, I'm sure if you put it next to a Galaxy or Sovereign class, it'd look pretty small.... maybe....
I am a revolutionary.

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
It's not that big.

It's smaller than the Constitution.
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
Hrmm... the new alien does look enough like a Reman that he might be one. On the other hand, he might be only a similar species.

I'm hoping he's Reman though, that way there's at least something resembling continuity and a grand scheme in the series.
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

Offline Liberator

• Poe's Law In Action
We'll find out in a few months won't we.
So as through a glass, and darkly
The age long strife I see
Where I fought in many guises,
Many names, but always me.

There are only 10 types of people in the world , those that understand binary and those that don't.

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
his brow ridge is too sharp, his nose is pointing down too much, the indent of his cheeck bone is to high and the mouth/lip area is totaly diferent, it's close enough that it's posable, but Remans were only in one star trek movie, so odds are that it's not a Reman.

I think a bigger question is going to be why is Archer and his ship both in the same time frame? 200 years in the past. it could be explainable that Enter prise's impulse engines did the same thing to the vortex that they did to that wormhole thingy, but they've been in a vortex before and it didn't happen, it seems more likely that some one moved them all there. Dany boy seems a likely target, but this doesn't seem like the sort of thing he normaly does.
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Tiara

• Mrs. T, foo'!
Muahahahaha! HITLER WAS A REMAN! :p

Now, THAT's[/b] gonna change my history classes :lol:

Anyway, Rom-Earth war = GOOD!

WWII = GOOD!

NAZIS = GOOD! (:p)

CLIFFHANGER = EVIL!
I AM GOD! AND I SHALL SMITE THEE!

...because I can :drevil:

Offline Lt.Cannonfodder

• Digitalous Grunteous
:wtf:  indeed.

At least you can't say Enterprise is predictable :lol:

Offline Stunaep

• Thread Necrotech.... we bring the dead to life!
Now, I was moderately happy with Enterprise the third season. From Azati Prime onwards (well, god knows what happend after Impulse and Chosen Realm, because that's when I got dissappointed in Ent again, and stopped watching. I resumed with Proving Ground, since it had Shran in it), it managed to become even somewhat close to a decent sci-fi level. And I was actually impressed with Countdown. And the first 40 or so minutes of Zero Hour.

And then, they managed to blow it again. Nazis. Evil Alien Nazis. What is this, red dwarf? This seems like something out of a bad MSTK3000 movie. Seriously, I understand they needed an unexpected story twist, but evil alien nazis, as unexpected as it is, is also downright hilarious.

Well, B&B keep finding new ways to screw up an already dying franchise, that was never that good anyway, after TOS, mind ya. (excluding DS9, but that was ripping off B5 half of the time anyway). I wish they had cancelled it already. Let it end when it would be at least half decent. Unfortunately, there is nothing I can think, that would bring an evil alien nazi storyline  out of hilarity, and so far, B&B have yet to exceed my expectations.
"Post-counts are like digital penises. That's why I don't like Shrike playing with mine." - an0n
Bah. You're an admin, you've had practice at this spanking business. - Odyssey

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Temporal War = big ****.

You can allways go back in time a little more and stop the other guy, or go back even mroe and give your side a Sun Decimator..
And back again, and again, and again...

I HATE time travel they way they did it after TNG
(come to think of it, there really wasn't any real time-travel in TNG, and the only time Kirk went back, there wasn't a mention of a single time-line)
DS9, VOY and the last 2 ST movies suck big time.
Enterpreise too
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
    • http://nodewar.penguinbomb.com/forum
I've only read up to Carl's "Alien Nazis" and I feel sick.

I don't know wether to download it or just sit in a corner and refuse to even acknowledge that the series ever existed.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2004, 07:58:35 am by 397 »
"I.....don't.....CARE!!!!!" ---- an0n
"an0n's right. He's crazy, an asshole, not to be trusted, rarely to be taken seriously, and never to be allowed near your mother. But, he's got a knack for being right. In the worst possible way he can find." ---- Yuppygoat
~-=~!@!~=-~ : Nodewar.com

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
I fail to see how a torrent with 2600 people on it can only download at 6kbps.
"an0n's right. He's crazy, an asshole, not to be trusted, rarely to be taken seriously, and never to be allowed near your mother. But, he's got a knack for being right. In the worst possible way he can find." ---- Yuppygoat

Offline Stunaep

• Thread Necrotech.... we bring the dead to life!
Originally posted by an0n
I've only read up to Carl's "Alien Nazis" and I feel sick.

I don't know wether to download it or just sit in a corner and refuse to even acknowledge that the series ever existed.

Thank god at least someone feels the same way. Even if that's an0n ;)
"Post-counts are like digital penises. That's why I don't like Shrike playing with mine." - an0n
Bah. You're an admin, you've had practice at this spanking business. - Odyssey

Offline J3Vr6

The only thing I can think of is maybe daniels sent enterprise to the past just like he sent archer to detroit in the past:  to stop an alien plot to destroy.

Could it be that Reman slaves have yellow eyes b/c of a caste system but leaders or some other caste have red eyes? And, what's the big deal about that reman noodle guy?  Was he a big character in the movie?

U know, I was hoping they'd finish the season aiming for the direction of having normal space exploration next year.  Ie:  They destroy the weapon, they get home, big celebration, and then a cliff hanger of something bad...  I guess the romulan/earth war thing u guys keep mentioning.

But now it's back into the time travel thing.  Hey, is it me, or did that nazi look like he knew who archer was.  Could it be possible that he's been introduced in an earlier episode/season?
"I wanna drink til I'm drunk, and smoke til I'm senseless..."
-Tricky

"Hey barkeep, who's leg do I have to hump to get a dry martini around here?"
-Brian, Family Guy

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
Originally posted by Tiara
Muahahahaha! HITLER WAS A REMAN! :p

Now, THAT's
gonna change my history classes :lol:[/B]
Oh please, dear God, do it.

"....attacked the beaches at Normandy, and they would've been successful if not for the Reman Scorpion-class attack shuttles laying in wait."

You'll get one or two fat kids at the back laughing their asses off and everyone else will just keep making notes.

Well minus this dodgy ending season 3 has been superb. Wouldn't they instantly know what'd happened because the position of the stars had changed, anyway? They picked that up in the E^2 episode the instant they realised something was wrong.

Offline J3Vr6

Originally posted by SadisticSid
Wouldn't they instantly know what'd happened because the position of the stars had changed, anyway? They picked that up in the E^2 episode the instant they realised something was wrong.

I was thinking the same thing last night.  In that show, the black guy said "The stars aren't where they're supposed to be..."  

Hell, they are able to scan planet surfaces, wouldn't they notice that the base or geography isn't the same anymore?  Or wouldn't they realize that satellites aren't in orbit and there's not even any debris?
-Tricky

-Brian, Family Guy

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
The lack of sats coulda been down to an evacuation.

And they only realised instantly in E^2 because they had to check the position of the star to find out if they'd dropped out at the right co-ords.

Offline J3Vr6

But the lack of structures or any evidence of structures even existing, such as the lunar base?
-Tricky

-Brian, Family Guy