Author Topic: Enterprise finale  (Read 8029 times)

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
    • http://nodewar.penguinbomb.com/forum
If they're expecting to see Earth and they see Earth, I doubt they'd be scanning the Moon to verify it was, infact, Earth.
"I.....don't.....CARE!!!!!" ---- an0n
"an0n's right. He's crazy, an asshole, not to be trusted, rarely to be taken seriously, and never to be allowed near your mother. But, he's got a knack for being right. In the worst possible way he can find." ---- Yuppygoat
~-=~!@!~=-~ : Nodewar.com

Offline übermetroid

• Current Father Of Samus
  • He who dares wins.
When does the next show come out?

Looks the same to me...  :D
« Last Edit: May 27, 2004, 09:14:07 am by 1241 »
"This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time."

Offline J3Vr6

Originally posted by an0n
If they're expecting to see Earth and they see Earth, I doubt they'd be scanning the Moon to verify it was, infact, Earth.

Well in the episode they tried to contact the moon and they said it was like it wasn't there.  They should have orbited the moon then to see evidence of the lunar base.  They'd also realize that the surface of the moon has no evidence of any landings whatsoever.  That would put question marks in their heads and wonder what happened to the thousands of satellites orbitting earth.  Then they'd further wonder why, when they scan the earth, the space station is no longer there...
"I wanna drink til I'm drunk, and smoke til I'm senseless..."
-Tricky

"Hey barkeep, who's leg do I have to hump to get a dry martini around here?"
-Brian, Family Guy

Offline Ulala

• Groooove Evening, viewers!
I dunno why, but I have a hunch that Enterprise and Archer and everyone is in their own time line, just someone going back messed with the past and now they're in a screwed WWII Nazi alien present. Which could be bad, because if they are in fact in the present, could Daniels still be in the future?

Meh... the episode was entertaining, the ending a little akward (like a long silence with some cute girl you don't know very well.. ok maybe not...), and I'm looking forward to the season premiere, which is what they were going for because now I'm obviously going to watch it, regardless of what retarded time slot they put it in. (Friday night = :mad: :mad: :mad: bad).

Does anyone else feel like some flapjacks about now?

[edit]spelling[/edit]
I am a revolutionary.

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
That's actually a very good point.

It could just be a screwe..........They lost the Romulan War.

That's it. Somehow, WW2 never ended and because the Romulans had some evil people to ally with on Earth, mankind lost the Romulan war.
"an0n's right. He's crazy, an asshole, not to be trusted, rarely to be taken seriously, and never to be allowed near your mother. But, he's got a knack for being right. In the worst possible way he can find." ---- Yuppygoat

Offline J3Vr6

Ugh.... that sounds messy.  So it's 2153 but they're still flying mustangs?  So in 208 years there has not been one single technological advancement?  

It could be that destroying the spheres, since they're transdimensional things, screwed up the timeline or something.  Cuz archer and degra's ship was in a completely different part of space as the sphere the enterprise destroyed.  Wait, that doesn't make sense b/c the weapon destoyed a space station, so we know at that point in time they were still in their time...

ugh, I'm gonna hate the long wait til next season.
-Tricky

-Brian, Family Guy

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
Maybe the fun is that the Romulans were made aware of the presence of Earth alot sooner.

In one of the DS9 episodes they get kicked back in time and it's noted that the only subspace signals they're getting are off in the direction of Romulan space.

Offline J3Vr6

How far back did they get kicked back to?  And who got kicked back, the romulans or the ds9 people?
-Tricky

-Brian, Family Guy

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
DS9 people.

Might have been Past Tense.

And it'd make sense. The Vulcans are a good two hundred years more advanced than mankind for most of history, and the Romulans would be similarly advanced. So if someone tipped them off that in a few hundred years the Federation would drag them into a war with the Dominion that would cripple them to such an extent that the Klingons were able to conquer them (IIRC, there's some vague hinting that the Klingons invade Romulan space around 2380, dunno if it's canon or not though), then they might be inclined to go conquer Earth and stunt their technological growth.

See, destroying the Spheres probably had some serious reprecussions in the future. We know a major event in Daniel's 'right' timeline involved battling the Sphere Builder at Krotion. But with the Spheres screwed that battle will never happen. So 31st century Federation no longer exists. Along with Daniels.

So all the police-work Daniels and Co. did, never happened. Which probably allowed Shadow-guy to screw Earth over in the past.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2004, 10:44:23 am by 397 »

Offline übermetroid

• He who dares wins.
Thats ALOT of what ifs....

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
Yeah, and it's ignoring the fact that by destroying the Spheres they've created a temporal paradox.

No spheres = No future war = No Fed victory = No Guardians tampering with the timeline = No Ent->Expanse = No spheres destroyed.

Offline übermetroid

• He who dares wins.
Yeah, and it's ignoring the fact that by destroying the Spheres they've created a temporal paradox.

No spheres = No future war = No Fed victory = No Guardians tampering with the timeline = No Ent->Expanse = No spheres destroyed.

Unless the spheres were always built twice, once for Enterprise to destroy and once for Enterprise J to destroy.  Then there is no paradox.

Offline Tiara

• Mrs. T, foo'!

No, up untill No Fed victory you are right. But the Guardians still tampered with the timeline. It's just that since the spheres are destroyed at a specific moment in time that the timeline changes from there on. Everything before that rolled out just as it was supposed to be.

In other words; Due to unbelievable ****age with the timeline by several factions it was altered and thus you have a different timeline alltogether. Not a paradox.

But I'm sure Brainless & Brainless will somehow un**** the timeline though...
I AM GOD! AND I SHALL SMITE THEE!

...because I can :drevil:

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
Ah, true enough. That's one of the benefits of the whole "We can't see specifics" thing. Even with the future now altered, in the past when they were looking forwards they'd still have seen Ent-J kicking their asses in a possible future where they'd rebuilt the spheres and all kinds of unlikely things had happened.

And they can't un-**** the timeline because it's already been established that it was Archers interactions with the Andorians in the ****ed timeline that got them in the mood to join the Federation. So they can't just erase the Sphere Builders from history with some kind of temporal bomb.

Their only real option is to go the Mirror, Mirror route.

Alien Nazis...  they better make this good.  I was enjoying it up to that point where I went :wtf:

Offline Tiara

• Mrs. T, foo'!
Heh, but the Nazi Hirogen in VOY were funny :D

If destroying the spheres would **** with the future Daniels would have said something about it. All he seems concerned about is Archer's well-being; surely he'd know if what the other guys were doing was going to mess things up?

Personally I think they've gone back in time to the past and that WW2 isn't going on in the 22nd century

Offline Tiara

• Mrs. T, foo'!
I think Romulus is another time-f*cking faction.

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
Not the Romulus as we know it. After all, the Senate is all dead, the fleet got boned by infighting, there's no praetor and the Klingons are all friendly-like with the Federation. All the Romulans can do is pick on pre-warp powers till the Federation gobbles them up or the Klingons invade them.

I'd say the reason shadow-guy is shadowy is not because he's from an earlier point in time but because he's got ****ty bootleg technology.

Offline Tiara

• Mrs. T, foo'!
Remans took over Romulus (wich would have time travel tech eventually) and thats why a Reman has appeared on Earth as a Nazi.

Ok, I admit, I'm just guessing :p

As for the shadowy guy... KIRK! Have you not seen his ripped shirt-silhouette? He's coming back to Kirk-Fu your ass! :p:lol: