Author Topic: Court throws out tobacco ruling  (Read 4035 times)

Offline Kosh

• A year behind what's funny
Re: Court throws out tobacco ruling
Wow, that is surprising to hear.  I thought that smoking restrictions were pretty universal in the States as far as public places go.

They are, but I don't live in the states anymore. I live in Nanjing, China.

Here the tobacco companies are all owned by the government. So all the profits go to the government. From what I have heard, that is quite a lot of cash.
"The reason for this is that the original Fortran got so convoluted and extensive (10's of millions of lines of code) that no-one can actually figure out how it works, there's a massive project going on to decode the original Fortran and write a more modern system, but until then, the UK communication network is actually relying heavily on 35 year old Fortran that nobody understands." - Flipside

Brain I/O error
Replace and press any key

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Addiction is good for helping remove dissent, too.  For one thing, think of all that dopamine floating around in the smokers brain.

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Funny thing is that, mentally, watching TV has a very similar effect on the brain to smoking.

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
I figure if you want to smoke...do it in private and I won't care. Light up at a bus station or something that I'm at and I'll be miffed. Generally I'll be gone soon, so I usually don't make a deal out of it. I figure if people want to risk killing themselves and getting addicted to satisfy a little rebellious mood, sure, go ahead.

Of course at the same time, if a law gets passed to ban smoking, I won't be too sympathetic 'til someone can give me a reason why besides 'because I feel like it'. (At least, tobacco smoking).
-C