Author Topic: What Western TV are you watching?  (Read 8565 times)

Offline AdmiralRalwood

• The Cthulhu programmer himself!
    • Twitter
Re: What Western TV are you watching?
I've been binging Farscape as a comfort watch but god damn the drop in quality at the start of season 4 is precipitous. Should I push through this dismal season opener or give up?
Push through. Season 4 is not my favourite, but it definitely starts weaker than it ends.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Codethulhu GitHub wgah'nagl fhtagn.

schrödinbug (noun) - a bug that manifests itself in running software after a programmer notices that the code should never have worked in the first place.

When you gaze long into BMPMAN, BMPMAN also gazes into you.

"I am one of the best FREDders on Earth" -General Battuta

<Aesaar> literary criticism is vladimir putin

<MageKing17> "There's probably a reason the code is the way it is" is a very dangerous line of thought. :P
<MageKing17> Because the "reason" often turns out to be "nobody noticed it was wrong".
(the very next day)
<MageKing17> this ****ing code did it to me again
<MageKing17> "That doesn't really make sense to me, but I'll assume it was being done for a reason."
<MageKing17> **** ME
<MageKing17> THE REASON IS PEOPLE ARE STUPID
<MageKing17> ESPECIALLY ME

<MageKing17> God damn, I do not understand how this is breaking.
<MageKing17> Everything points to "this should work fine", and yet it's clearly not working.
<MjnMixael> 2 hours later... "God damn, how did this ever work at all?!"
(...)
<MageKing17> so
<MageKing17> more than two hours
<MageKing17> but once again we have reached the inevitable conclusion
<MageKing17> How did this code ever work in the first place!?

<@The_E> Welcome to OpenGL, where standards compliance is optional, and error reporting inconsistent

<MageKing17> It was all working perfectly until I actually tried it on an actual mission.

<IronWorks> I am useful for FSO stuff again. This is a red-letter day!
* z64555 erases "Thursday" and rewrites it in red ink

<MageKing17> TIL the entire homing code is held up by shoestrings and duct tape, basically.

I've been binging Farscape as a comfort watch but god damn the drop in quality at the start of season 4 is precipitous. Should I push through this dismal season opener or give up?

Push through, the show will settle back into its usual configuration eventually.
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam

You know, John, you should really push through and watch the whole series.

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Oh Farscape, if only you had a bigger budget and more time to spin your yarns.  I was really hoping for a three way rumble between the PKs, Scarens and Nebari.  If we had gotten that for season IV I would have been pleased as punch.  Still the first season will always be my favorite, butt monkey Crichton that still managed to rise to the occasion will always be my favorite Crichton.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

i'm bringing this thread back to life as my family introduced me to endeavour recently and i think i'm in love
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too

wubalubadudub!
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
I've squeezed in time for True Detective. Y'all watchin True Detective or what

Offline Black_Yoshi1230

• Fat and lazy glory hound, mooch, narcissist.
    • Black Yoshi's YouTube Page
No I am not. Therefore I have no taste.

For me, it's a toss-up between Whose Line Is It Anyway, Adventure Time, American Horror Story: Asylum and Orphan Black.

The MechWarrior 2 Resource Forum / Flyboy's Flight Sim + Aviation Page / Falcom Sound Team JDK / Jane's F/A-18 - Resources

&& "LAUNCH! LAUNCH! S__T WE'RE HIT! WE'RE TAKING CANNON FIRE! GET US THE HELL OUTTA HERE!" - The best Jane's Longbow 2 Co-Pilot Audio Clips.

|| BEAMS! DEATH BY BEAMS! <- Blue Planet: War in Heaven in a nutshell. (Phrase is adapted from the Freeman's Mind spinoff Barney's Mind, Episode 14: BEES! DEATH BY BEES!)

^ Give a kid a stick and tell him to beat up his enemies, he'll do it without a second thought. Give a kid a book and tell him to defeat his opponent, and he'll read the book, defeat the other's mind, and smack him on top of the head. Give a kid a flower, he'll force his opponent to eat it.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
I've squeezed in time for True Detective. Y'all watchin True Detective or what

Watched the first episode. Got me hooked.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
im watching hannibal.

best cooking show ever.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Wobble73

• Reality is for people with no imagination
    • Steam
Marvel's Agent's of Shield and The Tomorrow People for me!  :D

Although based on a British children's television series from my youth, I am really liking the new Tomorrow People!  :yes:
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?
Early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

You would be well adviced to question the wisdom of older forumites, we all have our preferences and perversions

Offline AdmiralRalwood

• The Cthulhu programmer himself!
    • Twitter
im watching hannibal.

best cooking show ever.
It's so true.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Codethulhu GitHub wgah'nagl fhtagn.

schrödinbug (noun) - a bug that manifests itself in running software after a programmer notices that the code should never have worked in the first place.

When you gaze long into BMPMAN, BMPMAN also gazes into you.

"I am one of the best FREDders on Earth" -General Battuta

<Aesaar> literary criticism is vladimir putin

<MageKing17> "There's probably a reason the code is the way it is" is a very dangerous line of thought. :P
<MageKing17> Because the "reason" often turns out to be "nobody noticed it was wrong".
(the very next day)
<MageKing17> this ****ing code did it to me again
<MageKing17> "That doesn't really make sense to me, but I'll assume it was being done for a reason."
<MageKing17> **** ME
<MageKing17> THE REASON IS PEOPLE ARE STUPID
<MageKing17> ESPECIALLY ME

<MageKing17> God damn, I do not understand how this is breaking.
<MageKing17> Everything points to "this should work fine", and yet it's clearly not working.
<MjnMixael> 2 hours later... "God damn, how did this ever work at all?!"
(...)
<MageKing17> so
<MageKing17> more than two hours
<MageKing17> but once again we have reached the inevitable conclusion
<MageKing17> How did this code ever work in the first place!?

<@The_E> Welcome to OpenGL, where standards compliance is optional, and error reporting inconsistent

<MageKing17> It was all working perfectly until I actually tried it on an actual mission.

<IronWorks> I am useful for FSO stuff again. This is a red-letter day!
* z64555 erases "Thursday" and rewrites it in red ink

<MageKing17> TIL the entire homing code is held up by shoestrings and duct tape, basically.

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
The Blacklist
Because James Spader chewing on scenery is just great.

+1 for Cooking with Dr. Lecter
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Man, people on this site really need to watch more Western TV. Hasn't anyone heard it's in the middle of a golden age?

For my part I've finished the first season of Hannibal, and the execution of the finale was absolutely stunning.

Watching Black Books because I just love British comedy. Dylan Moran is hilarious, Bill Bailey equally funny, Tamsin Greig has her moments but is the weaker of the three. Overall a good show though.
Probably move back to the I.T. Crowd after.
Too many ideas.....not enough FREDing time!

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Gosh, where to even begin?

Currently watching:
Just caught up on Arrow over the course of a couple of weeks.
Just started (duh) The Flash. So far, kinda meh, but it might go somewhere yet.
Watching Farscape in between other stuff. Only S1 so far.
Castle and Burn Notice, both along with the wife.

Haven't started the latest season of:
The Blacklist (omgood), Agents of SHIELD, Person of Interest, Falling Skies, Criminal Minds, Homeland.

Awaiting new season of Sherlock.

WANT to start... too much to list. :p
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I wish I could get into TV that wasn't anim00ted, because I know there's a ton of good stuff on.  As it is I content myself with endless Seinfeld reruns.

Offline Patriot

Wait a minute, how many seasons of Falling Skies are there? i might have missed one.. I've seen the first 3 seasons, is there a 4th?

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Wait a minute, how many seasons of Falling Skies are there? i might have missed one.. I've seen the first 3 seasons, is there a 4th?

Yes, it's going on right now I believe. Download a program called "TV Rename" (note: not to be confused with "TV Renamer"). Alongside properly renaming TV show files, it also has a handy "what's airing when" capability.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 09:07:12 pm by Sandwich »
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline SypheDMar

• Student, Volunteer, Savior
    • Minecraft
Just finished Peaky Blinders. UK series are just fantastic.