Author Topic: PSA: Desert Bus is rolling again  (Read 1788 times)

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
PSA: Desert Bus is rolling again
Yes, that's right, one of the biggest (if not THE biggest) gaming marathon is going again.

For those that do not know, it's the LoadingReadyRun crew "playing" one of the single worst games ever made, Desert Bus from the unreleased "Penn and Teller's Smoke and Mirrors" game, for as long as the viewers are willing to pay for it. Now, while the game itself is really really boring, the marathon isn't. It's 24/7 improv entertainment, giveaways, and auctions of all sorts of cool stuff, with all proceeds going directly to Penny Arcade's Child's Play charity.

http://desertbus.org
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
  • A one hit wonder, you still want to touch this.
Re: PSA: Desert Bus is rolling again
i like desert bus. created because some people had some moral conflictions about violent video games with penn and teller taking them on with the most uninteresting game ever. i'm curious how hard it is to stay on the road in desert bus.
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

I won't use google for you.

An0n sucks my Jesus ring.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Not very. The gameplay, such as it is, involves holding down one button and occasionally correcting to the left.

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
You have to stop at bus stops, right? And do you have to turn around at the end of the route, or is that hand-waved?

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Bus stop stops are optional (And also risky: Miss the bus stop, and you're crashed), and there is no turning around. Just a screen that says you've arrived, and received a point.

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
I knew you got a point for completing the route, but I assumed you could do it again after?

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Oh, yeah, I just misunderstood you :P I thought you were asking if there was any additional gameplay there to turn around, and there isn't, but after you completed one voyage, you then drive back.

Which is pretty much the same experience.

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
No, you understood me correctly the first time. But from your first response it sounded like maybe the game just ended after getting one point.

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
  • A one hit wonder, you still want to touch this.
I got to get a copy of this game with a lot of beer and friends. Having a fun night, well with music. Something tells me the boring game could easily result in boring conversations eventually and music aside from beer will keep interest remaining. Otherwise it will just be a quiet drunken virtual drive.

I guess it's the most simplistic and slightly realistic driving simulator made to date. No racing or anything, just point a to point b. I wonder if any meaningful statistics could be gathered on the rate of auto accident with drunk players.
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

I won't use google for you.

An0n sucks my Jesus ring.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
......aaaand it is done. Once more, last year's total has been topped, with the final amount of donations being 521,404.00$

Tune in next year, when the event will break 2 Million Dollars lifetime donations.

:necro:

For great hope. It's running now.