Author Topic: problem with new Chrome 47  (Read 878 times)

Offline CT27

problem with new Chrome 47
I just updated to the newest version of Google Chrome (47) and a minor issue has come up.

To the left of the 'minimize' button there is now a new button. It looks like a button to sign in to Chrome or switch profiles. It wasn't there in previous versions.

Since I'm the only user of this computer I don't really need it. Any idea of how to get rid of it?

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Re: problem with new Chrome 47
A quick Googling reveals:

http://www.howtogeek.com/207723/how-do-you-hide-the-new-user-profile-name-button-in-google-chrome/

You can disable this annoying button via chrome://flags. The option you are looking for is Enable new profile management system, reachable using this direct link:

chrome://flags/#enable-new-profile-management
Disable it, then restart Google Chrome and the button will be gone.

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
Re: problem with new Chrome 47
I just updated to the newest version of Google Chrome (47) and a minor issue has come up.

To the left of the 'minimize' button there is now a new button. It looks like a button to sign in to Chrome or switch profiles. It wasn't there in previous versions.

Since I'm the only user of this computer I don't really need it. Any idea of how to get rid of it?
That has been there months if not a year+
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art