Author Topic: New Year in Cologne, Germany  (Read 41094 times)

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Re: New Year in Cologne, Germany
don't read the daily mail
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline Bobboau

Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jan/30/masked-men-stockholm-threaten-punishment-refugee-children

better?

BTW I like how that was the most objectionable thing you found about what I posted.
learn to use PCS
PCS 2.0.3

Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Well it's important you get revenge. Cause someone who worked at a refugee centre would want people to beat up refugees after their death. :rolleyes:
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

BTW I like how that was the most objectionable thing you found about what I posted.

It's not objectionable, it's just advice: Don't read the daily mail. Seriously.

Offline Bobboau

Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
well, I don't as a general rule, hence me not thinking about it when I posted it.

btw
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-europe-migrants-germany-refugees-idUSKCN0V80IH?feedType=RSS&feedName=worldNews

nothing about this situation looks good.
also, is Reuters fine? Anyone have a problem with Reuters?
learn to use PCS
PCS 2.0.3

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
Noted economics expert 666maslo666 is fine with low quality foreigners as long as they come legally, state keeps track of them, they earn at least minimum wage, pay taxes and only stay temporarily as guest workers.

And who the **** is going to pay for that?

Canada actually has a temporary foreign worker program fairly similar to that.  It used to be somewhat OK, got heavily screwed up in recent years, was tweaked to "fix" it, and is still somewhat broken.  Turns out that workers who are imported to perform low-quality labour into a country they have no real relationship to, often with poor grasp of the local language, have a great deal of difficulty exerting their legal and labour rights and often got screwed over by their employers.  Employers, meanwhile, imported workers because they didn't want to abide by the laws of supply and demand and raise wages when there were worker shortages.  Canada's temporary foreign worker program is actually a pretty good example of "what not to do."

Contrast with the "foreign nanny" program, which is fairly successful for everyone and has given us quite a few new Canadian's to boot, despite the fact that it appears somewhat exploitative.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Canada actually has a temporary foreign worker program fairly similar to that.  It used to be somewhat OK, got heavily screwed up in recent years, was tweaked to "fix" it, and is still somewhat broken.  Turns out that workers who are imported to perform low-quality labour into a country they have no real relationship to, often with poor grasp of the local language, have a great deal of difficulty exerting their legal and labour rights and often got screwed over by their employers.  Employers, meanwhile, imported workers because they didn't want to abide by the laws of supply and demand and raise wages when there were worker shortages.  Canada's temporary foreign worker program is actually a pretty good example of "what not to do."

This more or less is the problem the Dutch had in the 60s, which had a few rippling effects. It may happen again with the current trend of eastern european foreign worker (called "Guest workers" here), unfortunately.