Author Topic: New Year in Cologne, Germany  (Read 41191 times)

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
Re: New Year in Cologne, Germany
and due to the fact that you are not allowed to talk freely about it there everyone 'knows' there is far more not being said happening. Or at least that is a very easy argument to make.
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

That's at least as stupid as saying Middle-Eastern culture if not more so. The Muslims of say, Morocco and Saudi Arabia have very different cultures let alone Muslims from any Western country. It  ruffles feathers because it's stupid and incredibly imprecise.

But women have inferior status in all of those cultures (to varying degrees), which is what we've been talking about.

This can't have anything to do with the treatment of women in Islam. No sir.

You know that Islam also prohibits alcohol?

It also prohibits adultery.

That's at least as stupid as saying Middle-Eastern culture if not more so. The Muslims of say, Morocco and Saudi Arabia have very different cultures let alone Muslims from any Western country. It  ruffles feathers because it's stupid and incredibly imprecise.

But women have inferior status in all of those cultures (to varying degrees), which is what we've been talking about.

And many feminists would argue that women have inferior status in quite a lot of cultures including our own. The problem is not the culture of a region ranging from Morocco to Pakistan, the problem is rape culture, and it's universal. This whole discussion focusing on immigrants is bull****. This is a feminism issue, anything else is an intentional distraction born from cowardice.

Offline Bobboau

Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
And many feminists are ****ing insane. In western civilisation sexual crimes are considered the most abhorent, it's second only to murder if even that, this is the opposite of a rape culture you nit. We wouldn't be outraged by this if we thought rape was normal and acceptable.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 01:53:18 am by Bobboau »
learn to use PCS
PCS 2.0.3

Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter
Remember kids, blaming specific cultures/ethnic groups is not OK, instead let's blame all men!
"Closing the Box" - a campaign in the making :nervous:

Shrike is a dirty dirty admin, he's the destroyer of souls... oh god, let it be glue...

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
And many feminists are ****ing insane. In western civilisation sexual crimes are considered the most abhorent, it's second only to murder if even that, this is the opposite of a rape culture you nit. We wouldn't be outraged by this if we thought rape was normal and acceptable.

It's considered pretty abhorrent in other cultures too. Hell, even India, a country famous for how bad the situation is, most people still think it's a bad thing.

I don't think with a 12% rape attrition rate in the UK or whatever (no doubt similar) rate it is in the US,  we are in much of a position to complain about other cultures. Yeah, we might be doing better, but we're not exactly doing very well.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Bobboau

Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
Comparitivity is a separate issue.
learn to use PCS
PCS 2.0.3

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
This entire topic is about people claiming that certain cultures are worse cause of they are rapey. I don't see how you can suddenly claim that comparisons aren't the issue at hand.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Remember kids, blaming specific cultures/ethnic groups is not OK, instead let's blame all men!

Rape culture is not blaming all men. Saying that something is due to rape culture is blaming... rape culture. It's a certain set of attitudes rather than an entire nation's or entire gender's collective psyche. Combat against these attitudes should be unilateral.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 06:24:22 am by -Joshua- »

Offline Bobboau

Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
This entire topic is about people claiming that certain cultures are worse cause of they are rapey. I don't see how you can suddenly claim that comparisons aren't the issue at hand.

I was responding to a specific comment someone made. Sorry for the derail.

learn to use PCS
PCS 2.0.3

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter

Rape culture is not blaming all men. Saying that something is due to rape culture is blaming... rape culture. It's a certain set of attitudes rather then an entire nation's or entire gender's collective psyche. Combat against these attitudes should be unilateral.

Thanks for proving my point.

Shrike is a dirty dirty admin, he's the destroyer of souls... oh god, let it be glue...

Offline zookeeper

• *knock knock* Who's there? Poe. Poe who?

You missed the "rather than" part (typoed as "rather then").

Offline Bobboau

Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
I... don't think he said what i think you think he said...
learn to use PCS
PCS 2.0.3

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.

You...appear to be proving his?
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Bobboau

Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
learn to use PCS
PCS 2.0.3

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter
I misread "rather then an" as "rather an".  :blah:

That said, the definition I see most often used is something along the lines of this:

Taken from here
A complex set of beliefs that encourage male sexual aggression and supports violence against women. It is a society where violence is seen as sexy and sexuality as violent. In a rape culture, women perceive a continuum of threatened violence that ranges from sexual remarks to sexual touching to rape itself. A rape culture condones physical and emotional terrorism against women as the norm . . . In a rape culture both men and women assume that sexual violence is a fact of life, inevitable . . . However . . . much of what we accept as inevitable is in fact the expression of values and attitudes that can change.

Which moves the line ever further towards blaming men. Which in turn leads to such things as comparing men to poisoned M&Msteach men not to rape, the idea that men can't be raped and that concent is the sole responsibility of the male participant, and on and on and on...

I wouldn't be so annoying about this if this retoric didn't have real world consequences, such as the erosion of due process in universities where the simple accusation is enough to brand you for life, regardless if you can 100% prove you are innocent. Hell, things have gone so bonkers that simply resembling the rapist is enough to expel you from campus.

Outside universities, the accusation is enough to leave you unemployed and a social pariah, no matter how the case goes. Making a statement denying the charges is seen by some (admittedly more hard-line elements) to be almost a crime in of itself.

So my mistake aside, sorry for not having doubts regarding how rape culture is widely used for demonizing and implying that men and only men are either rapists or accessories to rape.

The saddest thing here is, if in every one of the examples I gave, it was the fictional movement Ghostavism and instead of men it was jews or black people, I doubt we would be having this discussion. We would see it for the bigotry that it is, even if it is for a good cause at its core (to stop rape).

P.S.
While not directly related, I don't think I can be very impartial to this subject, when I keep hearing stuff about opposition by you know who to laws remedying stuff like this.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 12:52:23 pm by Ghostavo »

I am not sure how the provided link disproves my point, or justifies your slippery slope Men's Rights rant.

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter
Can you specify which link?

Offline est1895

Guys.  This video makes me laugh.  I assume this is a German doctor telling this poor fellow what to do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZffn9Scs3s

Can you specify which link?

The one you quote from. The rest is part of that whole slippery slope thing.