Author Topic: United Russia - Criminal Russia Party - plans for criminal world domination  (Read 3245 times)

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Trying to redeem, but under Tiger Parents
    • Twitter
United Russia - Criminal Russia Party - plans for criminal world domination
On the site Voice of America, an article on the report about United Russia, a ruling revanchist and ultra-nationalist party of Russian President Vladimir Putin, is described as "The Criminal Russia Party".

MOSCOW — United Russia, the ruling political party best known for its loyalty to President Vladimir Putin and the Kremlin, has essentially become a tool of political legitimization for organized crime, according to an opposition party report published Tuesday titled "The Criminal Russia Party."

"I think that the title of the report quite accurately reflects its contents," Ilya Yashin, deputy chairman of the opposition People's Freedom Party, was quoted as saying earlier this month.

"United Russia, over the years of its existence, has turned into a full-fledged social elevator for organized crime, criminal groups and individual criminals, who are using the party to reach a new level in their criminal activities, to integrate with the state power bodies," he said.

In his 66-page report, Yashin offers a long list of United Russia members accused of involvement in – or even organizing – various high-profile crimes. They include Vyacheslav Gaizer, former governor of northwestern Russia’s Komi Republic, who was arrested in 2015 for operating a criminal group involved in the large-scale theft of state property; Alexander Khoroshavin, former governor of the Far Eastern Russian region of Sakhalin, who was also arrested last year for alleged large-scale embezzlement and bribe-taking; Said Amirov, the former mayor of Makhachkala, the capital of North Caucasian republic of Dagestan, who was sentenced last year to life in prison for murder and other crimes; and many others.

United Russia reportedly repudiated the listed members when they became targets of the country's prosecutors.

"The bouquet of crimes associated with this party covers the entire criminal code," Yashin said Tuesday in Moscow. "It's not just about fraud and stealing, but also about other, much more serious articles of the criminal code."

'Party of crooks and thieves'

With elections to the State Duma, the lower house of Russia's parliament, set to take place Sept. 18, Yashin said his goal is to show that United Russia is "the party of crooks and thieves," as anti-corruption blogger Alexei Navalny first termed it in 2011.

In an April 2011 survey by the Levada Center, Russia's only independent national polling agency, 31 percent of respondents said they agreed with the view that United Russia is "the party of crooks and thieves." That number rose to 38 percent in a Levada survey conducted in September 2012, and to 51 percent in an April 2013 Levada poll.

Following large opposition protests in December 2011, Putin himself rejected characterizing United Russia as "the party of crooks and thieves," saying corruption was not limited to one political party and adding: "What's important, however, is how the ruling government is fighting these negative things."

Gennady Gudkov, a retired KGB colonel who is a former State Duma deputy, told VOA's Russian service that the "power vertical" which has been erected in the country is a direct path for illicit enrichment.

"The system not only ensures the loyalty of the authorities, but to a significant extent allows their appointees to act almost uncontrollably," he said. "By and large, the main objective of our government is the preservation of power for continued illegal enrichment."

Looting ‘with impunity’

Over the years, the system has formed an entire class of people who have made their money by criminal means, Gudkov said.

"Therefore, the powers that be are prepared to defend by any means their right to plunder the national wealth uncontrollably and with impunity," he said. "They behave like occupiers. It is a soft occupation, which has not led so far to the creation of concentration camps and the like. But, in general, the looting is in full swing."

According to Gudkov, the system simply cannot live without corruption and kickbacks — leaving nothing left over for development and creation.

"Naturally, under these conditions, theft and enrichment at any cost becomes an end in itself," Gudkov said.

For his part, Alexei Kondaurov, a retired KGB general who also served in the State Duma, believes people try to "lean" toward the ruling party in order to get certain benefits.

Party affiliation, protection

"This is definitely the case," he told VOA's Russian service. "Among those who move toward [United Russia] are criminals seeking a ‘roof’ [Russian slang for ‘protection’], although this does not mean that an overwhelming number of people with a criminal record are in the party."

If the ruling party did not provide the possibility of getting cushy jobs, no one would have any use for it, Kondaurov said.

"After all, this party does not have, and could not have, anything for the soul," he said. "People do not join it out of ideological conviction. Moreover, it is absolutely unclear what its ideology actually is, other than professing love for the top leadership."

Putin has one goal: He wants the world to be dominated eternally by violence, lawlessness and corruption, with thugs and bandits in eternal power, and without no progress, thanks to Aleksandr Dugin's satanic ideology of Eurasianism.

And this is what they want to do: stops all forms of manned missions to Mars and beyond (including Elon Musk's Mars mission in the wake of the SpaceX rocket explosion) from ever happening. That's exactly what Elon Musk has warned about.

What should we do about it? Fight against neo-fascism? I think it would be a better option, if we want to survive.
Bryan See - My FreeSpace Wiki User Page (Talk, Contributions)

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:
Lost in the Mist - Cyrene vs. Psamtik
FreeSpace: Reunited

Ships:
GTS Hygeia, GTT Argo, SC Raguel

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

I've been under attack by Tiger Parents like Jennifer Pan...

Offline Mika

Re: United Russia - Criminal Russia Party - plans for criminal world domination
Russia is indeed taking steps towards ultra-right fascistic system. Putin has already started to build a same kind of personal cult around him. However, it's also really not that different from the perspective of the historical context.

While Russia would have the resources to actually be the leading European nation, it is for the luck of the rest that its governing system is what it is. The political system prevents Russia from reaching that position - well unless the rest of the European countries cock-up in a major scale. That is not to say though that Russia is not able to stir up the trouble. That it can do well, and through both negligence ("Let 'em sort it out, they can do it") and due diligence ("Contracts, we need no stinkin' contracts!"). The good news is that the early 2000s Vodka is starting starting to wear of and it's time for the economic hangover. But the question is, who gave them so much vodka to begin with?

But I admit that it's been sort of disheartening to see Germans answering to the polls that they don't see why Germans should defend Polish territory in the case of Russian aggression. Now that's once again European politics 101, where one country values its immediate business prospects over the long term developments. We really don't have room for that anymore.
Relaxed movement is always more effective than forced movement.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
The problem with Russia is that since late Tsarist times, it's been largely full of corruption. It's hardly limited to United Russia, or the government for that matter. Indeed, Putin is probably the best kind leader they could hope for - one that could take the system by the throat and force it to function. No democracy will ever survive in Russia, I'm afraid, just look at what happened after Soviet Union fell. They tried exactly that and ended up first with complete chaos, then with Yeltsin. Russia became a bit of a joke then and some of their current aggressive behavior is backlash from that. The West has not been taking Russia seriously for too long and now they got taken by surprise.

I wouldn't really call Russia's system fascist. It's definitely authoritarian, but I don't think it's really aiming for fascism. What I see them do is return to what the pre-revolution Tsarist Russia was. Complete with a Tsar. However, if they don't at some point go ahead and just give Putin a crown (certainly wouldn't put it past him if he could get away with it at some point), they're going to have a big succession crisis on their hands in a few decades at most. Remember, the man is 63 already. He should have a well defined successor by now.

The realy problem with trying to become the "leading European nation" is that, essentially, they're not an European nation. Indeed, a large source of its problems is that a lot of people tried to shoehorn it into Western ways of doing things, which it neither needs nor wants. Putin shook off some of this, probably for the better. The people in Russia think and act differently from, say, Germans or the French (and certainly Americans).

Oh, and I wouldn't say they want to stop the space program. Say what you will, but Russia's still very proud of its achievements in that area. They may want to go back all the way to the Tsarist Russia politically, but there's still a lot of nostalgia for what the Soviets did right. Putin isn't exactly big on giving a lot of money for education and science, but their space program is definitely moving along.

Offline Mika

I meant leading European nation in the geographical terms. The European geographic limit is in the Ural mountains, so a significant fraction of Russia is on the European side.

The thing is, as Solzhenitsyn pointed out, Russians are really good at lying to themselves. I suppose part of the reason why things are as they are in Russia lies in the fact that the poor think that once they get the power, those same laws would stop them. And there are enough people who already do benefit of the current system. This takes away all will to create anything new, as the police/mafia/Putin could come any second and just legally take over your life's work.

I thought that the Putin's Russia could be heading back to Czarist times, but nowadays I'm really not sure any more. There's enough weird stuff going on that would hint to me he is transferring Russia to fascistic system. I mean, come on, a youngster's marriage camp in the name of Putin? Then again, the line between authoritarian and fascistic is a murky one. But he does have something like Nazi's Jugend organization in place and that starts to weigh the fascistic system in my books as it is also the start of personal cult.

As far as I know, Dugin's piece is indeed mandatory reading for the Russian military officers. But whether that actually affects anything is another question. So far Russia has been pulling the things listed in the Dugin's piece, but I think the "easy ones" are now over. And those conflicts would have likely happened anyways even without Dugin's piece. Any progression towards west is going to invoke Western powers, and there's nothing to gain on the Eastern side. This all the while economy is dwindling down.

Intensification of the Ukrainean conflict is possible in the next two months (if Hillary is elected, Ukrainean conflict intensification would likely draw a stronger US response), but I think the Western countries will take their gloves of at that point and start to use the economic weapon. It is already working, but the rate is kind of slow.

Meanwhile, the EU must sort out its military policy very fast.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Putin has done some personality cult-ish things recently, yeah. This is indeed odd, though I can see why they thought a "youngster's marriage camp" is a good idea - the country's population is dropping at an alarming rate. The strangest thing is, Putin never really needed to deliberately work towards a personality cult. His image of an all-Russian, bear-wrestling, kung-fu fighting badass used to be more than sufficient. I didn't think he needed anything more. Maybe he's just growing old... In Poland, men have (or had, messing with it has been in vogue lately) their retirement age set at 65 years. Maybe it's about time he found a successor and got himself a dacha in the newly-conquered Crimea. :)

I don't think that Putin is planning further expansion to the west. What he can do is to expand south, which we are already seeing in Syria, for example. It's always been a mixed bag, but what could prop up the Russian economy would be a price hike in oil and gas. One way of achieving that would be getting rid of ISIS and installing pro-Russian regimes in the region, or even messing it up so much that all the oil there is taken off the table. I think we can expect more Russian involvement in Middle East, especially since this doesn't run the risk of directly angering NATO (nobody minds killing terrorists, after all).

I really doubt that either US or EU will get seriously involved in Ukraine. If Clinton was elected and war began spilling over to Poland, then maybe. However, if it stays confined to the eastern Ukraine, even Clinton would most likely rather let the Russians have it than risk another war. As for EU, well, I wouldn't count on it. It's a mess now and it doesn't look like it's gonna get better anytime soon.

Offline qwadtep

Syria was already pro-Russian, their new acquisition is post-failed-coup Turkey.

You're absolutely right, though. Combined with the AIIB, the endgame is likely to undermine the petrodollar by establishing the yuan as a new trading currency.

Hillary Clinton is now advocating military response to Chinese and Russian cyberattacks so I wouldn't trust her not to take the first casus belli she can in Ukraine.

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
    • Twitter
Sure thing.

All we need to do now is to do as quoted from the Half-Life video game series: prepare for unforeseen consequences.

What about the G20 summit?

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

@putingrub
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
I wouldn't really call Russia's system fascist. It's definitely authoritarian, but I don't think it's really aiming for fascism.

I would. If it looks like a duck...

You can pick almost any of the existing definitions of fascism and modern day Russia would score extremely high on most counts. I'll use the 14 general properties of a fascist ideology, listed by Umberto Eco here:

1. The cult of tradition. Check. Putin's attitude towards Russian culture and traditional values is extremely conservative and defensive against any kind of perceived threat. There is also an element of adulation of the "good old Soviet times", especially by the youth who never lived in Soviet Russia. The old people remember how it was, but even then some of them would prefer the old days (if only because their situation is even worse now).

2. The rejection of modernism. Check, partially. There is a certain... glorification of "The Russian Way" where existence consists of eat potato, drink vodka, and operate crude but somehow functional machinery.

3. The Cult of Action for Action's Sake. Check, partially. Russia has been seen acting (in Ukraine most notably) seemingly irrationally and with no apparent regard for consequences. With obvious consequences. And the people don't care because they see a strong leader doing things as better as doing nothing and being seen as weak.

4. Disagreement is Treason. Check, and how. Being a journalist is a hazardous proposition in modern Russia. Being an opposition politician even more so. Dissenting elements are easily branded as "foreign agents" which can be treated fairly harshly in terms of freedom of expression. Most recent example here.

5. Fear of difference. Check. Russian population has a mile wide streak of intolerance, manifesting in racism, homophobia, xenophobia, and other unpleasantries, and this couples with their cult of tradition.

6. Appeal to a frustrated middle class. Check, of course, especially as the economic boom of the 2000s is abating and the international sanctions for Russia's actions abroad primarily end up affecting the middle class and the impoverished.

7. Obsession with a Plot. Check, see earlier example of an independent polling agency being declared a "foreign agent". The Chechens are also always plotting, as are the gays and atheists.

8. Portraying the enemies as simultaneously too strong and too weak. Partial check. United Russia's attitude towards opposition leaders is one example; they at the same time persecute them to the point of making them essentially political prisoners, suggesting they are too strong to be left unchecked, and implement restrictions on their presence in media to prevent fair elections from happening. At the same time, United Russia portrays them as decadent, corrupt, and too weak and feeble to ever make a difference against the popularity of United Russia. Another example could be made of their treatment of the LGBT community - they implement legal persecution, seemingly fearing them to be able to infect the youth with their "gay propaganda", but at the same time they basically dismiss them as not being worth engaging in dialogue with.

9. "Pacifism is Trafficking with the Enemy". Check. Being a strong military power is quite high in United Russia's (Putin's) priorities and ambitions, and certainly I could see them branding anyone arguing for a reduction of military spending to be a foreign agent, paid or otherwise contracted to reduce Russia's military capabilities.

10. Contempt for the Weak. Check. Ties to the cult of action for action's sake - anything is considered better than appearing weak. There is a large amount of contempt towards Yeltsin due to his apparent weakness, and by association, democracy is seen as weak. Not a good combination.

11. Everybody is educated to become a hero (cult of death and martyrdom). Not necessarily a check as such. Although Russian culture does promote a certain degree of "FOR THE MOTHER RUSSIA" -brand of martyrdom, by and large I suspect it's seen to be better to live for the Mother Russia, than to die for it. That said, the needs of the Motherland surpass the individual's right to live, and being ordered to die in battle without even a rifle to carry was a thing in WW2. The probability of that happening again is small as long as symmetric warfare is suppressed by the threat of mutual destruction, but some vestiges of that ideology probably still survive.

12. Machismo. Check. War and violence is idolized. Women are disdained. Nonstandard sexual habits are condemned. Doing manly man things is good, anything other is ridiculed. Putin without shirt doing manly man things is especially good, of course.

13. Selective populism. Check. United Russia portrays itself as the proponent of People's Common Will, but in actual fact it defines what that "Common Will" is supposed to be. And Russia being Russia, depressingly enough the people seem to voluntarily mold themselves to that Common Will, probably in fear of being ostracized, sanctioned, brutalized or killed.

14. Newspeak, or using fixed, limited, and fearmongering terminology in order to prevent people from applying critical reasoning to the terms used. "Foreign agent" is a term that's often repeated. "Gay propaganda" is another. There are undoubtedly more of these.

However, it should be noted that a lot of countries share many of these features. Notably, USA itself is actually quite similar in many respects, although the political system is not quite so openly and obviously corrupt and that flamboyantly disregarding of personal liberties - so far.

Also, these features being present doesn't mean the system is fascist. Some of these traits of fascism are about population being receptive to fascism, some of them are common tactics used by fascist ideologies - but these tactics are not necessarily limited to fascism, other politically unscrupulous parties may employ them also.

That said, in the big picture Russian society appears remarkably prone to fascism, both in terms of the political system (practically autocratic president with almost unlimited executive power and a strong hold over the legislative and judicial branches of power), culture, and the population's general attitudes.
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter
That's what the late Boris Nemtsov saying all the while. He thought Putin is insane, but at other times he recognizes that Putin is driven by one goal: the "preservation of personal power and money at any cost." This refers to the corrupt syndicate which is Putin himself.

In conclusion, United Russia and Putin himself have created a fascist state, with Russian imperialism in its core ideology, which burrows from Aleksandr Dugin's Eurasianism and Vladimir Zhirinovsky's ill-named ultranationalist political party LDPR.

And what about this Slovenian video that mocks him for his imperial ambitions?

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
That said, in the big picture Russian society appears remarkably prone to fascism, both in terms of the political system (practically autocratic president with almost unlimited executive power and a strong hold over the legislative and judicial branches of power), culture, and the population's general attitudes.
Indeed. I look at most of those points and while I can't disagree with the fact they're present, I wouldn't credit Putin for most of them. Some things, such as conservatism and "the old Russian way" are centuries old. Machismo, content for weakness and militarism are probably a natural product of simply living in Russia. These people had to be though since the times of Rurik, so the whole society evolved to accommodate for that. That's why I think Putin is the perfect president for the Russians. If you're gonna change anything in Russia, you better be really though. Peter the Great managed to shove modernization down their throats, for example. On the other hand, Nicholas II was a weak Tsar in a time where Russia needed a strong one more than anything else. Putin is definitely though and he did change things, more or less for the better (at least for the Russians themselves, if not for their neighbors).

BTW, the "foreign agent" thing is probably an USSR holdover. Back then, everything that went wrong was a fault of "foreign sabotage" or something like that. The US had that too, but in general, Americans are more prone to accusing their own government of causing bad things to happen. Conspiracies likewise, old Soviet song that they never really stopped singing. Same with the "Peoples' Common Will" thing (the Communist Party represents the working people, so naturally the working people want what the Communist Party says they want).  The terminology used really gives it away. Not saying it Putin's party isn't at fault for using this, but they didn't invent a bit of it, nor did they condition the Russian people to accept it.

I wouldn't call it fascist, at least not much more than Tsarist Russia was. It's close, but it always have been. Really, this phrase seems to come up a lot when dealing with Russia. They really like to keep things like they always have been. :) I think it'd be very unwise to try to change this "Russian nature", even Peter the Great didn't go that far (probably why he's called "the Great" not "the Tyrant"). To modernize Russia one has to adapt new things into the old ways of thinking and doing things. This is very different from how Western countries are ran, which many people seem to not quite understand. You can't make Russians less Russian, but you can make modern ideas Russian enough for Russians to accept them.

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter
I liked the idea, Dragon. I'm always up-to-date on a need-to-know basis.

To quote Vladimir Zhirinovsky, a leader of the far-right, populist ill-named political party LDPR in the article on The Daily Beast who described his plan to fight organized
crime in Russia, describing it as a web that's penetrated all law enforcement agencies and regional administrations, reaching all the way to the highest echelons of the Kremlin’s leadership:

The organized mafia is directly connected with state corruption. So we need to get rid of it, as we did in
Smolensk, where the governor is our LDPR member and all his deputies are from parties other than United Russia [...] If everybody, from a steam bath director to the president and police general have no ties with organized crime, there will no corruption.

Mikhail Khodorkovsky and Alexei Navalny should take it very seriously, as with Mikhail Kasyanov, leader of the opposition political party Parnas.

And still, Russian President Vladimir Putin is still being haunted by the spectre of the murdered Boris Nemtsov even after his February 2015 death.

Zhirinovsky, given his Trump-like antics, can act as the Kremlin's clown or as a calm, even cold, opposition leader. Worse still, he might also get introduced to mafia, much like Putin. Recently he met with his party's voters in Bratsk and somebody sent a coded message to Moscow that Zhirinovsky was meeting with local criminal mob, with local bandits.

As you know, Zhirinovsky is one of the examples of a Russian neo-fascist, aside from Aleksandr Dugin.

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

Offline Mika

I think the "blame the foreigners" is older than USSR. That was already going on in the Tsarist times. USSR just took it to another level, where any question of your ethnic nationality could lead you to a stay in fresh air (=gulag).

Zhirinovski is part of the gang. I don't believe for a second that any body rising to power in Russia doesn't have ties with mafia. As Zhirinovski put it himself: the system is all pervasive. Why would he be different? It's mostly rhetoric from his side.

And any attempt to actually go against the mafia will lead to a dead politician in a very short notice. They know where your kids live.

As crazy as it is, the way lord Vetinari grabbed the control of the crime lords in the Discworld novels comes to mind when talking about Russia. Vetinari's theme was that let's have organized crime instead of unorganized crime. This lead to criminals patrolling the street punishing the unlicensed thieves, making the police force practically unnecessary. That isn't very far from how it actually is in Russia.

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter
Putin has retained the old, and protected them with criminals to ensure that no new people can ever replace them. And Donald Trump is going to do the same, given his flattery on the Russian leader. This is one example that old trumping young, with those born in the 1940s dominating over the young, with eternal youth are the long pursuits.

Putin is a technophobe. Trump is also. Together, they want to stop human progress and imprison all of humanity under a perpetually stopped clock.

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter
A disturbing attack happened on the Russia-annexed Crimea, according to the report on UAToday.tv. Criminal thugs have beaten someone for wearing Ukrainian symbols there, which is a worse example of Russian criminal neo-totalitarianism that is Putin's regime.

Compare to the attack in Anapa last May, where Alexey Navalny and his supporters attacked by Cossacks:

Through these acts of terror in a particularly sadistic and humiliating manner, all get the message: Stop criticizing Putin; stop trying to change Russia; just conform to the Kremlin line, or you’re be mercilessly abused and hounded out of the country. This is the same that's going to get for Trump when Trump is elected, and that's going to be white supremacists and neo-Nazis.

Also, we've saddened to learn that the Levada Center, Russia's oldest polling service, was branded as a "foreign agent" and will cease to function.

So, damn these true-believing criminals of the death-worshipping cults.

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Seems like business as usual with those louts. This is hardly uncommon. You could get beaten up in my city for wearing colors of the wrong soccer team in the wrong place, nevermind another country's symbols. I doubt this particular gang has anything to do with Putin whatsoever, except of course for them liking him.

TBH, I wouldn't be surprised if those were there long before Russians barged in. You should note that Crimea was pretty much already Russian before annexation. It's been given to Ukraine by drunk Khrushchev, because back then nobody thought it'd become an issue. I used to condemn Russian annexation of Crimea, but after I realized how things actually looked out there, I started to support it. It was especially amusing with the referendum that came out overwhelmingly in favor of annexation. Even those who said it was rigged put the number of votes for Russia above 50% (lowest I've seen was 63% or so). Also, Crimea wanted a referendum on independence for quite a long time, but Ukrainian government never agreed to it (they knew exactly how it'd go).

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter
That's the grim future for all of humanity on Earth. In the world ruled by Russia alone, if we show it the name of Earth and humanity, we'll be beaten badly by "criminals", vigilantes and police, and charged for alleged "extremism".

And there's a question on why the Kremlin is still afraid of Boris Nemtsov even after his assassination in February 2015. I think Boris Nemtsov is one of the best Russians I've ever known, particularly in its opposition movement. He valiantly stood up to the Kremlin and Vladimir Putin, who's a murderous thug and an aggressor wanting Ukraine to be part of his new "Russian Empire".

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template