Author Topic: Minecraft, Part 2  (Read 240490 times)

Offline z64555

• Self-proclaimed controls expert
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
JC's Mead hall's completed, I want to thank JC for providing the land and initial outline of the hall, and Trashman for helping with building and material supply. The spruce wood fits in quite nicely with the oak wood. All that's left is some more furnishings, staffing, and it'll be open for business.  :)

In front of the hall, looking upwards

North side of the hall, showing off the architecture. Second floor actually has larger floor space than the first.

First floor, as you come in the double doors. On the left is the serving area/bar and there are tables all across the sides. The fire is hellishly hot with a netherbrick chimney. :)

As you can see, still need some carpeting. I think the blue/purple combination will go well.

Rooms 1 and 3 are double occupant featuring a table and two chest for personal belongings.

Rooms 2 and 4 are single occupant with a personal breakfast table you can sit down and prepare for the day ahead, or just chat up your friend for a bit.

And finally, another look of the upper floor. Here are two larger tables for parties, and a wide open area around the fireplace for some cozy get together. Also provides area for sleeping bags if all the rooms are occupied. :)

There is also a cellar where they keep the precious booze, yes, but that's for employees only :)

EDIT: Looks like I swapped the pics for the rooms, whoops.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 07:32:38 am by z64555 »
Secure the Source, Contain the Code, Protect the Project
chief1983

------------
funtapaz: Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Juche.
z64555: s/J/Do
BotenAlfred: <funtapaz> Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Douche.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Methinks the location I picked, while beautiful, is far too restricting. There's practically no room to build houses. Therefore, some landscaping will be called for.

I set boxes with building materials in the village center and I invite everyone to help me with taming nature a bit and bringing life to the area.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline z64555

• Minecraft
    • Steam
Methinks the location I picked, while beautiful, is far too restricting. There's practically no room to build houses. Therefore, some landscaping will be called for.

I set boxes with building materials in the village center and I invite everyone to help me with taming nature a bit and bringing life to the area.

Heh, I might take you up on your offer. Do you have any basic plans to the landscaping? Also, a map might be helpful in visualizing the contours.
chief1983

------------
funtapaz: Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Juche.
BotenAlfred: <funtapaz> Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Douche.

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Nothing fancy... smaller hills which don't have bridges - remove
Holes in the ground - fill

Flattening the land between the hills so more houses and roads can be built.

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Server is down b.t.w.

Offline z64555

• Minecraft
    • Steam
flattened the valley between the village and old spawn.

TNT be fun, yo.  :pimp:
chief1983

------------

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Explosions are always fun.

Ahh..brings back memories of the game-stoping TNT bonanza I did to remove an entire mountain range back on Gargamel.

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Ok, the mobs are out of control

I have zombies and CREEPERS spawning right on top of me or next to me. And I'm standing right next to a torch!

I kill at least 30 zombies every night, but a creepers suddenly pooping next to be and blowing up are a bigger problem.

Are you using some special settings for the server Kyad?

I haven't had that experience but then again I'm building up high so am less exposed. The Zombies can be a pain because they see you from a long distance and spawn in friends when in combat.  IS it possible the creeper is dropping on you from a roof or building frame?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 04:41:56 pm by Akalabeth Angel »

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I had a few things (including an unfortunate Creeper) spawn seemingly right on top of me inside my basement in the recent past, but I think that was mostly because the asshole griefer took just enough torches to leave some unfortunate dark spots.  I can't remember anything spawning in any of my well-lit areas.

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
I haven't had that experience but then again I'm building up high so am less exposed. The Zombies can be a pain because they see you from a long distance and spawn in friends when in combat.  IS it possible the creeper is dropping on you from a roof or building frame?

Nope.  Was in the open, no thing tall near me. Check, only one skeleton in the distance.  Just popped up. Frak, one popped up while I was under water and exploded!

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Sounds like someone's trolling you, TrashMan.
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
That, or there are a dozen spawners in my area

I don't recall invasion like this before tough.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Even spawners obey light level rules...
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Shameless link drop:
http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/minecraft-discussion/suggestions/2373056-gold-villagers-and-your-towns

If you have an account on minecraft forums, check this idea out.

Gold's not useless if you like trains :P

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Ok, almost useless.

I really want my towns and villages with more character and life. And villagers with half a brain.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I'm just amused by the nigh-endless train of zombies who pathfind their way across seemingly half the map to try and get at the sole villager I have squirreled away.   He seems rather unfazed by it all.

Offline Lorric

I'm just amused by the nigh-endless train of zombies who pathfind their way across seemingly half the map to try and get at the sole villager I have squirreled away.   He seems rather unfazed by it all.
Heh. Just two days ago I was reading the TV Tropes page on Artificial Brilliance and one of the things on there was the power of Minecraft's pathfinding.

Ok, the mobs are out of control

I have zombies and CREEPERS spawning right on top of me or next to me. And I'm standing right next to a torch!

I kill at least 30 zombies every night, but a creepers suddenly pooping next to be and blowing up are a bigger problem.

Are you using some special settings for the server Kyad?

I'll have to backup Trashman on this - It's not a completely new development in my experience although it seems it's become more fierce and common. It also seems to be the case that mobs can spawn very closely to players despite, seemingly, the lighting levels. This includes Zombies (That indeed spawn friends in combat) and creepers out of nowhere (Which is indeed their signature type move).
Not certain if they don't spawn with half-slabs, since I seem to remember that stops mobs from spawning in. (I probably should doublecheck that on Singleplayer Creative soon) While I certainly like fighting mobs during nights, it's slightly annoying when seemingly completely safe spots are not quite so safe.

Maybe it's just part of the game though, but in that case it should be a fair warning to everyone in Survival to be very careful. Get a bunch of Iron Golems set up to patrol and don't let any corner go unlit.
I'm all about getting the most out of games, so whenever I discover something very strange or push the limits, I upload them here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/JCDentonCZ

-----------------

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress to more pain."
- George Orwell