Author Topic: Hello Icefire  (Read 34822 times)

Offline High Max

• Permanently banned
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 11:11:29 pm by High Max »
;-)   #.#   *_*   ^^   ^-^   ^_^

Offline Kosh

• A year behind what's funny
I think there is another way of looking at things, though.  As the old adage goes, "You only get one chance to make a first impression."  While it's true that BWO could just about release today with the assets they have, leaving features like high-poly models out of the initial release will mean that they don't get to be part of everyone's first-time experience.  You can't force yourself to forget everything and repeat your first playthrough, and I can appreciate the BWO team's desire to have every single aspect of that experience be as high-quality as it possibly can.

We agree, if you haven't figured already :D

I understand that position but for gosh sakes we've been waiting for 10 YEARS already. Before 3DRealms went under we used to make jokes about which would be released first, BWO or Duke Nukem Forever.
"The reason for this is that the original Fortran got so convoluted and extensive (10's of millions of lines of code) that no-one can actually figure out how it works, there's a massive project going on to decode the original Fortran and write a more modern system, but until then, the UK communication network is actually relying heavily on 35 year old Fortran that nobody understands." - Flipside

Brain I/O error
Replace and press any key

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
At least the question's answered for good now. :p

Offline High Max

• Permanently banned
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 11:11:37 pm by High Max »

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
If i've only got a year and a half left (again) i'm going to revert to type.

On topic, i'm on the train. The late train. The train that's going to get me to work late.

My jobs ****e. :p
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
It is ridiculous to wait 10 years. Frankly, it has caused me to lose interest and focus on active campaigns, like I said already. Ones that don't fail to deliver, like ASW, BP, FoW, Storm Front, etc. Looks like I was right when I said that I'm sure I'm not alone in my feeling. Many people who were waiting for BWO have probably either left the community by now or simply don't care about it anymore. Eventually almost everyone will just move on. then all that work would have amounted to nothing. At least release it before 2012 just to be safe incase it really is the end :D We never know for sure. :P
Why would one need to have continuous active interest in the campaign in the first place?  I'm certainly very interested in playing it myself, but that doesn't mean I have to think about it on a daily, or even monthly, basis.  When people post in here, I'll read them.  When the team provides an update, I'll read that too.  And when the campaign finally does get released, I'll eagerly play it.  I don't think there's much else required beyond that.

Offline High Max

• Permanently banned
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 11:11:48 pm by High Max »

Offline DREDHAWK

• If you go to Z'Ha'Dum you will die. (Kosh,Babylon5
    • Youtube Channel
im still interested in BWO even thow it been 10 years or so.  i check back ever few month just see whats going on.  around Hard-light.  anyways it will be done when its done if ever LOL
FROM FS1
When the destroyers came for us, we attacked. Never had we been defeated. They were like the others: strange, hideous, resisting, fighting. Only these were not like the others: They did not die. We made our first retreat. We could forego one system. We left it to the destroyers and went elsewhere. But they followed. They hunted us. They followed us when we retreated, discovered where we lived.
For a long time we did not know why they chased us. They were no ordinary enemy. They did not seek our territory, our technology, our resources.
Now we know our crime was sin.