Author Topic: BWO in 2017  (Read 14295 times)

Offline CT27

What progress do you think will be made on BWO in 2017?

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Nothing, it's dead.
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline JSRNerdo

• [`_`]/
  • Gone!
Then take that **** over! Get in the team and start doin' all the things!
Former Inferno lead, BTA fredder-ish and DE fredder. Driven out by ordinary fascists the_e, aesaar and general battuta. Will return if they're ever removed.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
 :nono:

There's nothing to team and there's nothing to things.

There was an asset dump though, so anyone with the motivation can try to get on with it I suppose.

You volunteering JSRNerdo?
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline JSRNerdo

• [`_`]/
  • Gone!
:nono:

There's nothing to team and there's nothing to things.

There was an asset dump though, so anyone with the motivation can try to get on with it I suppose.

You volunteering JSRNerdo?

Wait, there was?

Also I would if I could go through it and see if it was fun and interesting enough for me but I'm already doing so with another thing (inferno! I'm optimistic for a 1h 2017 release!), and then BTA development will start picking up, so I'll be focused on that, and I've gotta be careful not to exceed my thing limit at once, lest I explode!
Former Inferno lead, BTA fredder-ish and DE fredder. Driven out by ordinary fascists the_e, aesaar and general battuta. Will return if they're ever removed.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Then take that **** over! Get in the team and start doin' all the things!
Ha
Haha
It's funny because you have no idea what kind of conversations happened exactly about this subject. But it's probably not proper that I leak any of it at this moment.
Just take my word for it that I have made an attempt to save BWO, but that it doesn't want to be saved.
Urutorahappī!!

Offline CT27

Someone said a few months ago that they were working on an updated BWO demo...so even that's been canned?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Nothing's been canned or uncanned. No decisions have been made, no one's talking, there's just no activity.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Someone said a few months ago that they were working on an updated BWO demo...so even that's been canned?
That's been completed, but thats most likely the only thing that ever will.
Urutorahappī!!

Offline CT27

That's been completed, but thats most likely the only thing that ever will.

If the new demo's been released, is there a link for it?  I didn't see an announcement about it.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
It hasn't been released. Again, it's not that decisions are being made about whether or not to release it. I doubt anyone's really played it, let alone even talked about releasing it.

Offline BlackDove

• Star Killer
  • Section 3 of the GTVI
    • http://www.shatteredstar.org
Releasing it would not be much of an issue, it's just what comes after that is. We will see if there's anything to be done with the campaign soon.

Offline JSRNerdo

• [`_`]/
  • Gone!
Releasing it would not be much of an issue, it's just what comes after that is. We will see if there's anything to be done with the campaign soon.

Any update on this? It's been a little while.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

I've PM'd Raven and BlackDove and asked them for a statement, but the latter hasn't been around since 31.1 and Raven apparently wanted to sell the models he made (results unknown).

Offline CT27

(Since this thread was bumped...)

What exactly does this statement mean?  "...what comes after that is [the issue]".  If the new demo is released does that mean people would feel pressure to continue on with the main campaign afterwards?

Most likely. I can't think of a different reason to keep things that are considered done unreleased.

Offline Raven2001

• Machina Terra Reborn
  • Im not the droid your looking for, move along
and Raven apparently wanted to sell the models he made (results unknown).

What?!? I never intended to sell the models I made. Where did you get that from?
At some point there was a quick talk in internal regarding selling *3d prints* of models, in order to fund further work on BWO. But since not everyone was on board with the idea, we didn't get past the "hey here's an idea" phase.

If the new demo is released does that mean people would feel pressure to continue on with the main campaign afterwards?

I've been away from modding (and will have to for a while longer) mainly because of my health situation, and we'll leave the conversation about why I've been silent at that. Can be? :)
Having said that, iirc Spoon didn't finish remastering the demo before he left. I could be wrong, since I was already quite inactive when he did. But if he did finish the demo remastering, I don't think there would be a problem in releasing it.
Yeah, I know you were waiting for a very nice sig, in which I was quoting some very famous scientist or philosopher... guess what?!? I wont indulge you...

Why, you ask? What, do I look like a Shivan to you?!?

Raven is a god.

Raven is a master and actually the one who influenced my modelling style the most. And believe me, there are a lot of cool things in BWO. As far as I know, Raven wanted to sell this stuff somewhere, but I'm not sure what really happened to those models. If you want, go ahead and try to ask.

There was a discussion regarding the status of BWO in the same thread, in which Nyctaeus (former team member) stated that BWO is dead (as above) and that the assets are going to remain unreleased forever, which was really sad to me because the Minerva the coolest fighter concept I've ever seen (and I have no idea about the rest you haven't shown off).

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Raven is a master and actually the one who influenced my modelling style the most. And believe me, there are a lot of cool things in BWO. As far as I know, Raven wanted to sell this stuff somewhere, but I'm not sure what really happened to those models. If you want, go ahead and try to ask.

There was a discussion regarding the status of BWO in the same thread, in which Nyctaeus (former team member) stated that BWO is dead (as above) and that the assets are going to remain unreleased forever, which was really sad to me because the Minerva the coolest fighter concept I've ever seen (and I have no idea about the rest you haven't shown off).
...which I also heard from other people. I don't remember exactly who said it first. I guess it was someone from old team. Later I dug out some discussion about being "heartless merc" that looks like confirmation, but this stuff is internal BWO case. If this statement is wrong, that's a good news :).

Having said that, iirc Spoon didn't finish remastering the demo before he left. I could be wrong, since I was already quite inactive when he did. But if he did finish the demo remastering, I don't think there would be a problem in releasing it.
I even found it after someone mentioned it recently. Every mission is crashing for unknown reasons.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.