Author Topic: How to transfer saves from windows to mac?  (Read 1979 times)

How to transfer saves from windows to mac?
I played on windows for quite some time on the FreeSpace Open FreeSpace 1 mod. I copied the FreeSpace 2 directory to a mac and opened up FS2_Open 3.6.18.app but my saved profile isn't there. How do I transfer it?

Also as an additional question, on windows, there is a "Launcher.exe" that lets me easily pick which mod to use with FS2 but on mac there aren't any. How do I change the mod on a mac if the Launcher.exe is only for windows?

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Re: How to transfer saves from windows to mac?
I don't know about the profiles (by which you probably mean your pilots, which are probably just saved somewhere else on OSX. I know they're in some .fs2open/ folder on linux), but for the launcher, use wxLauncher.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grĂ¢ce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

I don't know about the profiles (by which you probably mean your pilots, which are probably just saved somewhere else on OSX. I know they're in some .fs2open/ folder on linux), but for the launcher, use wxLauncher.

I'm download wxLauncher now but where are the pilot data stored in Windows? Maybe if I knew one of the file names that it has inside, I can search for the corresponding place on osx (I already made a test pilot account to test if FS Open works on osx)

Offline jg18

• A very happy zod
  • can do more than spellcheck
Pilot data is stored in Windows in \FreeSpace2\data\players\.

To copy the saves over, copy the entire players folder to OS X's folder /Users/<YourUsername>/Library/FS2_Open/data/.

To find the Library folder in OS X Finder (10.7 and later): open Finder, click on the Go menu at the top of the screen, then hold down the Alt/Option button. The "Library" entry will appear in the Go menu's drop down list while Option is held down.

Pilot data is stored in Windows in \FreeSpace2\data\players\.

To copy the saves over, copy the entire players folder to OS X's folder /Users/<YourUsername>/Library/FS2_Open/data/.

To find the Library folder in OS X Finder (10.7 and later): open Finder, click on the Go menu at the top of the screen, then hold down the Alt/Option button. The "Library" entry will appear in the Go menu's drop down list while Option is held down.

Thanks! I made a symbolic link so the FreeSpace 2 at least remains portable.