Author Topic: Metal of Honor: Pacific Assault free on Origin  (Read 1347 times)

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Metal of Honor: Pacific Assault free on Origin
Once claimed, it's yours.  Dunno for how long.  Is this a thing with Origin?  Like Games with Gold on XBox?  Haven't signed into Origin in forever (2012?)

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Re: Metal of Honor: Pacific Assault free on Origin
Yes, EA has been doing this "On the house" thing for some time now. They've been putting mostly old games on there and it's a genuine "claim once keep forever" deal.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline deathspeed

• i can't think of a good avatar
    • Steam
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Origin's_On_the_House_games

Through On The House I've picked up several games that I never would have bought.  Looking at Origin, Steam, and GOG game lists, as well as my bookshelf, I think I am a game collector more than a game player.
Maybe someday God will give you a little pink toaster of your own.

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Oh, I can go for some old-school shooter right now :) thanks for the heads-up
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Origin remains a terrific non-investment.  I haven't given a penny to EA yet have more than a dozen titles to show for it. :D

Through On The House I've picked up several games that I never would have bought.  Looking at Origin, Steam, and GOG game lists, as well as my bookshelf, I think I am a game collector more than a game player.
I know and feel your pain.  And that's without counting books/animu/whatever, too. :(

Offline Sushi

• Art Critic
The sad thing is that I've collected most of these but have yet to actually play nearly any of them. I keep forgetting Origin exists when I go looking for something new to play...