Author Topic: Wing Commander 6: The Undiscovered Release Date (Star Citizen Thread)  (Read 588948 times)

Offline Luis Dias

Re: Derek Smart might be taking legal action over Star Citizen
I think we can update my suggestion at the thread's name to "dally ****storms"

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/video-games/features/14715-CIG-Employees-Talk-Star-Citizen-and-the-State-of-the-Company

****ing hell. Just. ****ing. Hell. I kinda predicted here that this was the environment they were in, but I had no idea of how much.

Offline Sushi

• Art Critic
To be fair, disgruntled employees are hardly an unbiased source of information.

No it isn't, but the article does contain other information like funding a crowd source platform, teams quitting, alleged misdirection of funds, etcetera. That's the more interesting side of things.

The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline Falcon

Lot of damage being done to RSI. This is bad news for them because any prospective backers will back away as far as they can from this game if there is the slightest doubt it'll ever be released or there's hints that the company isn't doing well.

Offline Luis Dias

Assassinating Derek Smart's character isn't hard to do though...

He does provide the answers to the accusations. That's important. Here's one tidbit that was quite jarring to me though:

We feel like we’ve made huge strides and have completed a good portion of the underlying technology that will enable us to make Star Citizen the game that your sources say can’t be made.

"have completed... a *GOOD PORTION* of the underlying technology ... that *WILL* enable us to make SC..."
Amazing. Incredible. Fall 2015 and they still don't have the "underlying technology" that enables them to make the ****ing game. Jesus ****ing Christ.

Lastly... the guy admits he spent eight hours writing this screed. He's sperging.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 01:25:24 pm by Luis Dias »

Offline 666maslo666

• Artificial Neural Network
Assassinating Derek Smart's character isn't hard to do though...

He does provide the answers to the accusations. That's important. Here's one tidbit that was quite jarring to me though:

We feel like we’ve made huge strides and have completed a good portion of the underlying technology that will enable us to make Star Citizen the game that your sources say can’t be made.

"have completed... a *GOOD PORTION* of the underlying technology ... that *WILL* enable us to make SC..."
Amazing. Incredible. Fall 2015 and they still don't have the "underlying technology" that enables them to make the ****ing game. Jesus ****ing Christ.

They have been pretty clear that the Large World engine is not ready for prime time yet, I dont think thats exactly news.
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return." - Leonardo da Vinci

Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics. Even if you win you are still retarded.

Offline Luis Dias

Yes, that is true, I think it was mentioned here as well, it was just "official news" to me, because I hadn't heard it before, officially. It's crazy to me that CR would even admit to it.

Offline Sushi

• Art Critic
Yikes, seems that really got to him.

And it shouldn't have. If you're a legendary game developer forging a new path in the industry, the ravings of a man who's been known as a clown since the Usenet era should be the easiest thing in the world to dismiss. And yet here Roberts is, trading personal insults and skirting around the legally-actionable accusations against his company.
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
because mocking SC is a common group activity in #bp
Funny, we do this in #wod-dev as well. It's a pretty fun activity~ 
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

And it shouldn't have. If you're a legendary game developer forging a new path in the industry, the ravings of a man who's been known as a clown since the Usenet era should be the easiest thing in the world to dismiss. And yet here Roberts is, trading personal insults and skirting around the legally-actionable accusations against his company.

On the other hand, seeing the escapist publish the ravings of said clown would be enough to piss me off if it was aimed at me. Not because of Smart, but because the Escapist is still a website people read.

Offline Luis Dias

Except the article isn't basing its claims on Derek. You know, details...

Yes this is a second article which draws its sources from 5 or more alleged employees and ex-employees. The Derek smart article was the previous one and this new information has come to their attention because of it.
Funnily enough people are still complaining about derek smart in the comments even though it doesn't mention him at all

Except the article isn't basing its claims on Derek. You know, details...

Well, Chris Roberts seems to think they do.

Offline Falcon

Should have just let a PR person handle it, what is CR doing?

Offline Sushi

• Art Critic
Should have just let a PR person handle it, what is CR doing?

Letting his emotions get the better of his judgment.

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
It's still a problem that Derek's attention whoring is taking this guy's attention away from making his awesome space game.
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

Holy **** I only read the "Greetings Citizen" part, I didn't see the part below it where Chris Roberts starts attacking the article writer.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14979-Chairmans-Response-To-The-Escapist

"I’m also pretty concerned that your reporter on this is compromised and pursuing her own agenda. For someone who is a self-acclaimed Gamer Gate supporter, which last I checked was about ethics in video game journalism, she’s not been behaving or going about her business like an ethical reporter."

"This is directed at a self-avowed feminist"

" I don’t know Liz’s personal life (nor do I care to) but based on the picture of her in “Bandit’s” tweet it is not a stretch to assume there is either a close relationship between Liz and “Bandit” or they are potentially one and the same."

Even this statement seems peculiar:
Accusations of entering into a joint venture partnership with Turbulent, and using crowdfunding money in order to assist with the continued creation of the crowdfunding platform that was used on the RSI website to market to other companies.

In response:
CR: The opposite is true. CIG benefited from pre-existing software that Turbulent had developed. Our JV with them allowed us access to cheaper rates and bound an important part of Star Citizen closer to CIG, which are both beneficial to CIG and the backers. Per our agreement Turbulent is of course free to offer their technology to other customers.

The opposite of what is true?  The guy from Turbulent said:
"We thank Cloud Imperium Games for taking a risk with us and for contributing conceptually and commercially to making HEAP C3MS fantastic for content monetization."

Can you contribute "conceptually" to "pre-existing" software? Is using someone's software considered "taking  a risk"? 
Seems to me like someone is lying.