Author Topic: TBP 3.7.3 Released  (Read 28831 times)

So it must be the 3rd then. Hopefully. :nervous:

Any chance for better Hyperion and maybe other models from this post?

wow! love to see the new hyperion finally is in game ;)

edit: damn! I don't see the glow maps there ... Maybe I had lost them

edit2: I cheked: I have the glow maps texture if you want it

edit3: and a Photoshop file for custom logo and naming (and less saturated blue colour)  :)

edit4: I don't know if I already shared it, but I found the "high poly" Omega :D

Offline starlord

I remember a YouTube vid featuring a walker ship. Has it ever been implemented?

Sadly not.

Offline starlord

Pity. That model was beyond awesome.

Offline emi_100

• www.artstation.com/emimartinez

I'll upload it ASAP.

I remember a YouTube vid featuring a walker ship. Has it ever been implemented?

You're right guys. That model was in game but I never released.
It had a lot of geometry problems. It was ingame but when it starts, showed a warning about that model.
Anyway i'm working on a new one. I'm testing export it into poof file right now.. So far so good.

Is WIP.

A CALL FOR HELP.
I'll need help with FRED tables, and with the poof editor: hardpoint and all that.

Oh! and I don't have the game installed, and I don't know how to download and install it anymore with Knossos, zathras, mods and all of that, any help with that will be appreciated :)

« Last Edit: May 14, 2020, 02:54:47 pm by emi_100 »
DEDICATED TO ALL THE
PEOPLE WHO PREDICTED
THAT THE BABYLON
PROJECT WOULD FAIL IN
IT'S MISSION.

-------FAITH MANAGES------
  • Normal Maps for -The Babylon Project-
  • "Battle at ..." (Campaign) You can't choose when, but you will choose where... and you will fight! GO NOW!
  • "One Mistake" (Third Space Campaign)
  • "Each Night I Dream of Home" (Crusade Single Mision)

Offline wesp5

Get the Knossos version and Knossos itself from the link below. No need for Zathras anymore, but you need to install FSO using Knossos afterwards! It would be cool if 1) we could make it so that FSO is installed when installing TBP and 2) somebody would add this link the the old TBP homepage!

https://fsnebula.org/mod/TBP

Are you planning to add the rotating glowpoints too? ;7

Offline emi_100

Get the Knossos version and Knossos itself from the link below. No need for Zathras anymore, but you need to install FSO using Knossos afterwards! It would be cool if 1) we could make it so that FSO is installed when installing TBP and 2) somebody would add this link the the old TBP homepage!

https://fsnebula.org/mod/TBP

well, it worked like a charm! It's very easy and intuitive, love to be back! :)
I just finish Dark Children Campaign, love to see how TBP looks now. I really like to see those post process fx and shadows.

I notice some details
-The default ambien light is too strong and kill the shadows effects. Now that we have real shadows, it's a pity barely see them. B5 show didn't have ambient ligth and had strongs shadows. This can be fix using  "-ambient_factor 0" flag. Could be great if that was a default option.
-I also experiment some glicht with black shockwabe fx, can be fix with some shockwave flag too.

Things I like to change/ update to make it look like the show:
1) The specular maps. I think I redone those when I did the normal maps. For example, the Brakiri Avioki ship have bad specular maps.
2) Gun fires: I had some "new" gun fire fx on the old TPB folder,  they look too much better (it weren't so hard on the edges,  had some gradient) and it felt so different and imersive with the high poly models. I dont know if I have it, but make new ones can't be a difficult task.
3) 3th person view: The starfury, for example, the 3th person view look too distant. Now that we have a highpoly model with shadows we can have a close up.
4) Cockpit: I don't know if it's possible but I'd love to have a starfury Cockpit model in game. I don't know for the rest of the ships, but it's one of the most used ships.
Back then I didn't know how, now I can do it, I can model it.
5) Models: I love to update some models/textures

Also, I notice that the new Hyperion isn't in game yet, is there any reason for that?

Are you planning to add the rotating glowpoints too? ;7
You bet! ;)

I'll upload it ASAP.
Here are the Highpoly Hyperion missing maps: Glow and a Editable Photoshop file.
https://we.tl/t-UGchalTVa4
« Last Edit: May 14, 2020, 10:19:27 pm by emi_100 »
DEDICATED TO ALL THE
PEOPLE WHO PREDICTED
THAT THE BABYLON
PROJECT WOULD FAIL IN
IT'S MISSION.

• "Battle at ..." (Campaign) You can't choose when, but you will choose where... and you will fight! GO NOW!

Offline wesp5

-The default ambien light is too strong and kill the shadows effects. Now that we have real shadows, it's a pity barely see them. B5 show didn't have ambient ligth and had strongs shadows. This can be fix using  "-ambient_factor 0" flag. Could be great if that was a default option.

Ahhh, I suspected something like that, but where can we set this flag? It's can't find it in the normal FSO options.

-I also experiment some glicht with black shockwabe fx, can be fix with some shockwave flag too.

This would be enable 3D shockwaves and yes, this should be set as default too!

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
A CALL FOR HELP.
I'll need help with FRED tables, and with the poof editor: hardpoint and all that.

PM me, and the very least I can help with tables and some of the intermediate .pof-stuff.

Ahhh, I suspected something like that, but where can we set this flag? It's can't find it in the normal FSO options.

It's a a custom command line option or "Custom Flag", you have to set in manually

Things I like to change/ update to make it look like the show:
1) The specular maps. I think I redone those when I did the normal maps. For example, the Brakiri Avioki ship have bad specular maps.

There hasn't been someone with graphics expertise working on the Knossos version as far as I can tell.

Setting a baseline for several graphics settings is no problem with the proper Knossos-access.

2) Gun fires: I had some "new" gun fire fx on the old TPB folder,  they look too much better (it weren't so hard on the edges,  had some gradient) and it felt so different and imersive with the high poly models. I dont know if I have it, but make new ones can't be a difficult task.

Do you mean Muzzleflashes? - If you can make the graphics, I can make the tables.

3) 3th person view: The starfury, for example, the 3th person view look too distant. Now that we have a highpoly model with shadows we can have a close up.

The Chase View being ... what it is, is global problem with FS Open, going back all the way to vanilla.
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline emi_100

PM me, and the very least I can help with tables and some of the intermediate .pof-stuff.
I just did  :)

It's a a custom command line option or "Custom Flag", you have to set in manually
Yes, the "ambient_factor 0" flag worked.

There hasn't been someone with graphics expertise working on the Knossos version as far as I can tell.

Setting a baseline for several graphics settings is no problem with the proper Knossos-access.
Could be great to set it as default  :)

Do you mean Muzzleflashes? - If you can make the graphics, I can make the tables.
Yes! and the gunfires fx itself. I just found a mod made by Slasher on the Forum's Personal Messages, that had Muzzleflashes, update gunfire fx, and "hit and burning" decal fx, I reamenber that was so great! I tried to use it as a mod now but shows some table errors warnings. Could be awesome if we can implement that.

The Chase View being ... what it is, is global problem with FS Open, going back all the way to vanilla.
oh! that a pity. Maybe changing the FOV? I'll have to test it.

Oh! and GOOD NEWS:
I found some of the poof models that I was looking for  :D
They were on PM and in my old mediafire account. I had an update Hyperion, Olympus, Shalin, Tinashi, Warlock and Nova models... and the B5 Lens flare fx ;) ... but they will need proper tables
Also found a Crusade sound mod I made back then. Some new explosion, new hyperspace and jump point fx that are not mine.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2020, 04:59:35 pm by emi_100 »
DEDICATED TO ALL THE
PEOPLE WHO PREDICTED
THAT THE BABYLON
PROJECT WOULD FAIL IN
IT'S MISSION.

Offline emi_100

UPDATE:
New Nova ingame, it will need some minor hardpoint edit

New Sharlin ingame, the hardpoint looks good, but it will need some testing. It will need normal maps, should not be a difficult task.

New Olympus ingame, it will need hardpoints.

New Warlock ingame, it will need normal maps, and some hardpoint edit

-B5 Lens flare fx: doesn't work, It may need some table edit.

-"hit and burning" decal fx: it works, and looks amazing. Also it has a new "smoke" fx that works really well with the bloom fx, looks similar to the show. It also has some Muzzleflashes and new wepons gunfire fx (like a new centauri gunfire fx, that look more similar to the show too)

-New jump point, looks good to me
« Last Edit: May 15, 2020, 05:49:18 pm by emi_100 »
DEDICATED TO ALL THE
PEOPLE WHO PREDICTED
THAT THE BABYLON
PROJECT WOULD FAIL IN
IT'S MISSION.

Oh my oh my, that's awesome :eek: :eek2:

Offline 0rph3u5

Neat.

Send them along with the Walker and I will see what I can do about those too.
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

Offline 0rph3u5

Any chance for better Hyperion and maybe other models from this post?

Also had a look at the model - needs a bit of work essepcially when it comes to subobjects to fully compatible with TBP (e.g. the engines aren't seperate from the main full)

I will draw up a checklist and pass it along later this weekend.

==================

Offline emi_100

Neat.
Send them along with the Walker and I will see what I can do about those too.

I'm preparing a rar file with all the mods.

About the Chase View:
Changing the Fov to 0.45 do the trick, It feels more in a proper scale now, B5 looks huge! and the omega too.

I'm also experimenting with the post process fx to make it look more like the show .. I always thought the game look to saturated.

With the FOV, the new post process change and all this mods (highpoly models, Muzzleflashes, etc) fells like a different game, a more modern one, and it's looking good!

Also had a look at the model - needs a bit of work essepcially when it comes to subobjects to fully compatible with TBP (e.g. the engines aren't seperate from the main full)
I will draw up a checklist and pass it along later this weekend.
Sure! It can be done
DEDICATED TO ALL THE
PEOPLE WHO PREDICTED
THAT THE BABYLON
PROJECT WOULD FAIL IN
IT'S MISSION.

Offline wesp5

With the FOV, the new post process change and all this mods (highpoly models, Muzzleflashes, etc) fells like a different game, a more modern one, and it's looking good!

Sounds great :)! And thanks for the custom flag tip, this looks so much better...
« Last Edit: May 16, 2020, 03:42:06 am by wesp5 »

Offline emi_100

Sounds great :)! And thanks for the custom flag tip, this looks so much better...
My pleasure! :)

Looks what I found  :D ...

« Last Edit: May 16, 2020, 11:32:22 am by emi_100 »
DEDICATED TO ALL THE
PEOPLE WHO PREDICTED
THAT THE BABYLON
PROJECT WOULD FAIL IN
IT'S MISSION.

:yes: :yes: :yes: