Author Topic: OLD FreeSpace Open Installer  (Read 762574 times)

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Re: FreeSpace Open Installer! Download it now!
In fact, it seems there is no fs2dir.txt anywhere on my system. O.o

Edit: I don't know if i should call myself stupid or not. But i installed FS2Open over a German Retail Version und it went fine. Now, the update screwed up, so i changed the registry value from German to English and now everything is how it should be.

Problem solved.

Intereseting part remains, why there was this kind of bug occuring, which not existed before.

You don't have this german version, do you?  If so, see if changing the language to English helps.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Volition\FreeSpace2

Offline Sarkoth

• Ser Campaign-listador
I did.

Thats why i wrote "Problem solved"

But Thanks anyway buddy. It helped. ;)
Only the one passed trough darkness obtains the right to ask for light

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
I meant tomas, he might have the same deal.  IDK

No German version. I only used the installer, nothing else. And I'm running OSX, so registry keys don't really apply here :)

I tried deleting everything and then redownloading, but the problems persist. Even other campaigns, like fsport, are missing textures (in this case, most of the terran and vasudan fighters are only visible because of their engine glow). I'm starting to think that I'm not missing anything, it's just a bug in the application itself. Too bad :(

Edit: seems it's a problem associated with the ati X1600 videocard in my macbook pro (http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,46550.0.html)
« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 08:47:58 am by tomas1601 »

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Any way to get a firmware or driver update for it?

Not that I know of :(

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Any way to get a new GFX card?

No. Btw, in one of the earlier missions, there are also asteroids, and I can see those! Is there any difference between the asteroids you have to shoot and those that are just there for decoration? :)

I'm having trouble with the installer again. It won't install fs port into my Freespace2 folder. I get an error report telling me there is was problem installing.

Everybody having all the installer problems makes me feel blessed by the FreeSpace gods, cause since I reloaded the computer and got rid of all the "supplemental" software that was shipped with it, FS runs better. Its almost like having a high end video card.
All vista problems can be corrected, by upgrading to XP

Hi, I downloaded this game a week or so ago and noticed that none of the asteroids are present on the game. You can't crash into them and you can't see them though they can crash into the Icini. Any idea has how to fix this, as it makes the 'Rebels & Renegades' mission impossible.

Oh and my mate downloaded this game and for some reason all the voices are in microsoft speak- sort of ruining the game. Any idea how to fix this too. Bar the 2 problems noted above this game PWNS.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
OK, make sure you have the JPG,TGA option on, for the first problem.  For the second, it appears that maybe the voice files were left out?  Did he get the voice packs too?

I'm  new to vista, so how would I check the JPG and TGA options.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
In the Launcher, under the "Features" Tab... OK, let me tell you how mine is: (also see picture at bottom... it is color coded with this text:)

Under the list type "Graphics",
I have everything except "disable scale to window for movies" selected.

Under the list type "HUD",
I have everything selected.

Under the list type "Gameplay",
I have the first three options selected, the last two unselected.

The rest I haven't touched, except that I have this in the "Custom flags" text box:

-ambient_factor 0 -no_emissive_light -fov 0.55 -spec_exp 16.7 -spec_point 0.6 -spec_static 0.9 -spec_tube 1

OK?

Offline Gank

Cant get this to work. Used tureys installer to download the full game and installed openal. The launcher wont run when I click on it unless I delete launcher6.ini every time. In the launcher clicking on the run button does nothing, checked task manager and the process doesnt even start and if I manually run fs_open_3_6_9 it gives the following error:
Faulting application fs2_open_3_6_9.exe, version 1.0.0.1, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.1.2600.2180, fault address 0x000106c3.

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
  • The diminutive form of Turambar.
    • FreeSpace Open Installer Homepage
Cant get this to work. Used tureys installer to download the full game and installed openal. The launcher wont run when I click on it unless I delete launcher6.ini every time. In the launcher clicking on the run button does nothing, checked task manager and the process doesnt even start and if I manually run fs_open_3_6_9 it gives the following error:
Faulting application fs2_open_3_6_9.exe, version 1.0.0.1, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.1.2600.2180, fault address 0x000106c3.
Try these:
http://www.game-warden.com/forum/showpost.php?p=62754&postcount=2
Creator of the FreeSpace Open Installer.
"Calm. The ****. Down." -Taristin
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
Installer and mod text specs updated, changelog to follow.

Mirror support added. Details on mod text spec page.
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.

Offline Gank

Aye cheers that did the trick, old version of opena;

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Hey Turey, what are the chances of you implementing a scanner for old versions of OpenAL into your FSOI?  ;)  Just wondering about the feasibility.  Feel free to smack me if I don't know what I'm talking about.  :nervous:

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
Hey Turey, what are the chances of you implementing a scanner for old versions of OpenAL into your FSOI?  ;)  Just wondering about the feasibility.  Feel free to smack me if I don't know what I'm talking about.  :nervous:

Not likely. I mean, I could just tell it to delete those files if it found them, but I'd like something a bit more... elegant.