General FreeSpace > FreeSpace Discussion

A couple of Campaign questions

(1/3) > >>

NickM:
Gang,

I'm currently (re) watching Red Mage Joe working his way thru The 'Aftermath Reboot', so I have a couple of questions:

Firstly, 'Reboot' is insanely combat heavy (and I love watching it) but was the 'pre reboot' Aftermath anything as intense as the new version?
Second

I used to skim other people who play FS campaigns and I 'vaguely' remember one that centered on yet another Shvan incursion, that ended when we communicated with the Shivans and made peace: they were actually frightened by the Terrans because, in spite of the Shivans' best efforts, humanity (and the Vasudans) kept bouncing back with new and better weaponry, totally unlike any of the other species they 'purged'.
So...did I imagine this scenario? If it's an actual campaign, what is it called?

Thanks ahead of time.

NM

Novachen:

--- Quote from: NickM on September 28, 2022, 10:50:09 pm ---I used to skim other people who play FS campaigns and I 'vaguely' remember one that centered on yet another Shvan incursion, that ended when we communicated with the Shivans and made peace: they were actually frightened by the Terrans because, in spite of the Shivans' best efforts, humanity (and the Vasudans) kept bouncing back with new and better weaponry, totally unlike any of the other species they 'purged'.
So...did I imagine this scenario? If it's an actual campaign, what is it called?
--- End quote ---

Could be the "Incursion" campaign.

Lorric:

--- Quote from: Novachen on September 29, 2022, 05:44:46 am ---
--- Quote from: NickM on September 28, 2022, 10:50:09 pm ---I used to skim other people who play FS campaigns and I 'vaguely' remember one that centered on yet another Shvan incursion, that ended when we communicated with the Shivans and made peace: they were actually frightened by the Terrans because, in spite of the Shivans' best efforts, humanity (and the Vasudans) kept bouncing back with new and better weaponry, totally unlike any of the other species they 'purged'.
--- End quote ---

Could be the "Incursion" campaign.

--- End quote ---

Been years since I played it, but it came to mind for me too reading the OP, along with the sequel, Return to Sol.

ShivanSlayer:

--- Quote from: NickM on September 28, 2022, 10:50:09 pm ---Gang,

I'm currently (re) watching Red Mage Joe working his way thru The 'Aftermath Reboot', so I have a couple of questions:

Firstly, 'Reboot' is insanely combat heavy (and I love watching it) but was the 'pre reboot' Aftermath anything as intense as the new version?
Second

I used to skim other people who play FS campaigns and I 'vaguely' remember one that centered on yet another Shvan incursion, that ended when we communicated with the Shivans and made peace: they were actually frightened by the Terrans because, in spite of the Shivans' best efforts, humanity (and the Vasudans) kept bouncing back with new and better weaponry, totally unlike any of the other species they 'purged'.

Thanks ahead of time.

NM

--- End quote ---

That is Incursion you are talking about with the Shivans making peace.  Regarding Afermath, to say it is combat heavy is an understatement. 

NickM:
'An Understatement'? Indeed, the action is totally, hilariously crazy! Was the 'original' anything even close to this level of action?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version