Author Topic: Vid's campaigns are too difficult? - advice here!  (Read 47962 times)

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
Re: Vid's campaigns are to difficult? - advice here!
unless he downloaded his TBP long ago, there is no way anybody could get a hold on this version. TBP has been hosted all over the net but no additional campaigns.
But wait a second, I remember there is this Freespace campaign page (I think Swantz is hosting it) that may have outdated versions.
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline mxlm

The difficulty is keeping the shuttles alive. Getting 30+ kills isn't hard; killing off the final waves of shadow fighters before they take out one or both of the shuttles, now, that's proving impossible. At least for me. Yes, even on very easy.
I will ask that you explain yourself. Please do so with the clear understanding that I may decide I am angry enough to destroy all of you and raze this sickening mausoleum of fraud down to the naked rock it stands on.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
OK so you did make it to the hard part.  From there sometimes it is really a matter of some luck.  You can help your luck somewhat (I won't say how) and using your wingmen wisely helps. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline mxlm

Least satisfying victory ever. I was just going to start the mission five times and sit there until my ship exploded each time. Except the third time I did that I was still alive when the shuttles went around doing their thing, so I said screw it and guarded them. And won. With five kills. No idea how that happened.
I will ask that you explain yourself. Please do so with the clear understanding that I may decide I am angry enough to destroy all of you and raze this sickening mausoleum of fraud down to the naked rock it stands on.

Offline Vidmaster

I honestly don't know.

Mental note: Tweak Mission12 again.

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline mxlm

No worries.

I'm curious; in that rescue-op-turned-massacre mission in Dark Children, is the outcome of the Mind/Minbari frigates engagement scripted or what? I'm just wondering if Mind wasting three Minbari cruiser things is a script thing or a game engine/balance thing.

Offline Sushi

• Art Critic
How the crap do you beat Exodus in FH2260?

Eventually, it's me and my fighters trying to defend the Harvester against about 20 Shadow fighters... sooner or later, the Harvester goes down, no matter what I try to do to prevent it.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
First key is make sure your not running debug.  Well actually accidentally playing it on insane in debug a few times made it seem quite easy on medium in release builds. :D

It's just a matter of giving your wingmen proper orders and shooting straight. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Sushi

• Art Critic
My orders given are basically "everyone attack whoever's shooting the Harvester. If nobody, everyone attack the closest handy target."

They (and me) just can't kill them fast enough.

Offline Vidmaster

Exodus is a pretty simple mission, since the only ship you actually need to protect is the Harvester. The challenge comes from protecting as many civilians as possible.

Three tips should get you through:
- each Shadow attack waves goes after different civie ships. If they destroy their target, they aim for the Harvester. So, prevent that.
- try intercepting a wave (for example number 1 or 2) before they even reach their target.
- call for reinforcements early.

By the way, this mission is going to be a little easier in the new release bundled with 2261.

Offline Sushi

• Art Critic
Alright, I finally beat it. Here's how:

Spoiler:
The main trick was to not attack Ugly wing until all of the other wings were destroyed. Since there is one wing (Bug) that never spawns until a certain amount of Ugly ships are destroyed, this has a huge impact on the number of Shadow fighters you need to face at once. Once Badguy, Idiot, and Crazy wings are down, I then took out Ugly and Bug. Took a long time and I lost most of the convoy... but it worked. :D

Offline Vidmaster

actually, all wings were based on Ugly wings status. Has been fixed too.

Offline Vidmaster

Vid, you are always talking about "will get fixed in 2261", "has been changed for 2261", WHERE THE HELL IS 2261?

Well...     it's out.  :nod: :nod: :nod:  Check the download thread.

Offline mxlm

Vid, you are always talking about "will get fixed in 2261", "has been changed for 2261", WHERE THE HELL IS 2261?

Well...     it's out.  :nod: :nod: :nod:  Check the download thread.

Dude. Can't wait.

Well, I'm going to have to wait, but I don't want to wait.

Offline Vidmaster

You missunderstand. IT IS RELEASED.

Offline Sushi

• Art Critic
You missunderstand. IT IS RELEASED.

There needs to be more fuss about this. WHERE'S THE HIGHLIGHT?!? :D

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Was waiting on initial feedback for bugs.

Offline Vidmaster

Yeah but decided to highlight it now. Most people won't have the time to download it and play through it right away. Or beat it right away  ;)  Now let's wait until the first one posts here.

Offline babylon5comlink

• WTF=What the fred2?!
How do you beat the mission CONFRONTATION in fortune hunters 2261? I lose because one of my capships gets destroyed. Yes, I try to intercept all the badgers.
_________________TBP___________________

Babylon 5 addict!!!

"We are Rangers. We walk in the dark places no others will enter. We stand on the bridge, and no one may pass. We live for the One, we die for the One." Ranger Motto

Offline Vidmaster

you loose the Hector I suppose?

Destroying the beam cannons of the enemy Midwinter sounds good to me.