Author Topic: Earth Brakiri War feedback  (Read 33372 times)

Offline maje

Earth Brakiri War feedback
wow thanks, mag! I'll be sure to give this and Path of Blood a run-thru tomorrow after work.
Deuternomy 22:11 explained:

Well there are many different speculations going on about this law about not mixing fibers and at least one explanation claims that it was a symbolic gesture designed to keep a pure sense of culture, people, and religion.  Seperation of crop  in the vinyard, mentioned in Dt. 22:9 and 22:10 seem to reaffirm this idea, though there may be other reasons as well.

And now, an excerpt from the Prayer of Mordecai, the Book of Esther Chapter C (New American Bible Official Catholic version).

Est C:5  You know all things.  You know, O Lord, that it was not out of insolence or pride or desire for fame that I acted thus in not bowing down to the proud Haman.  6  Gladly would I have kissed the soles of his feet for the salvation of Israel.  7  But I acted as I did so as not to place the honor of man above that of God.  I will not bow down to anyone but you, my Lord.  It is not out of pride that I am acting thus.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Earth Brakiri War feedback
One quick observation with the installer / cut scenes.  First why aren't the cut scenes in a VP?  Second why the generic names?  Something like EBW01.ogg would have been less likely to cause future conflicts. 

Also you might want to to mention that the installation may appear to freeze for a few minutes while unpacking the files. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline madaboutgames

• Heatemup People!
    • The Heat Em Up Web site
Re: Earth Brakiri War feedback
Hi Fubar, when I originaly encoded the cut scenes from mpg to ogg, i treid naming them as ebwcs1 etc but it kept crashing before finishing the encode.  But when i i just used a number its seemed to work fine, so I left it at is it.  Other campaigns will have not not use a number like me :)  And hip has also put an unstall feature on the installer. 

I have mentioned about the installer taking a while on the download page and hip has mentioned it on the EBW installer :)
*The Earth Brakiri War*
*B5 Star Fury Pilot*

Are You Ready?  Find Out!
www.heatemup.co.uk

Visit  -  http://proxima-fleet.com for the heatemup Forums.

Offline madaboutgames

• Heatemup People!
Hi Carl, thanks for your VA in EBW :)

The e-mail was about the update for the beta which is now obsolete as the official ebw is available. 

Dont forget to install the latest TBP 3.4 before installing EBW :)
*The Earth Brakiri War*
*B5 Star Fury Pilot*

www.heatemup.co.uk

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Or you could spend the time you would have used doing EBW 2 doing something non EBW related? Possibly you've done the Earth Brakiri War now, maybe even purchased the t-shirt?  ;7

Seriously I'd like to see you turn your talents towards something in the canon universe. Something more conventional yet new and none the less exciting?
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Getter Robo G

• Elite Super Robot Pilot
We have T-Shirts now?  :nervous:

Anyway I thought I had 3.4b, but is there really a difference between that and "final" as the DL file still just says 3.4b  (no worries though, I deleted everything and now totally reinstalling from scratch - heh)

I was just worried cause I hadn't tried it out before I spread the word and posted the links all over creation!  ;7
Should be getting a lot of downloads soon...
"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

"I am the one and ONLY Star Dragon..."
Proof for the noobs:  Member Search

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Robotech II - Continuing...
FS2 Trek - Snails move faster than me...
Star Blazers: Journey to Iscandar...
FS GUNDAM - The Myth lives on... :)

Offline madaboutgames

• Heatemup People!
Great stuff Carl :)

T-shirts available in Black and Pink :lol:

*The Earth Brakiri War*
*B5 Star Fury Pilot*

www.heatemup.co.uk

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
I can't find the download link on FSMods or your site.
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
MAG your release thread points at the heatemup site. Can you check there is actually a download link on there. THanks
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline madaboutgames

• Heatemup People!
Yeah - the downloads page, The EBW downloads links to the page at fsmods :)
*The Earth Brakiri War*
*B5 Star Fury Pilot*

www.heatemup.co.uk

Offline Tinman

• Released: WCS mini campaign
here is a Mac/Linux friendly EBW archive...   

Expand the contents of the archive into your "The Babylon Project" folder and you're ready to go...

http://freespace.flatdisc.net/EBW.7z

I'll upload the archive also to fsmods.

http://www.freespacemods.net/download.php?view.326

Edit:  fsmods link added

Offline darkmaster

• TBP
    • Personal Website
Hi, guys
I have just a little problem with the mission "Midnight run". Please view :

Warning : Spoiler !!!!!
I managed to destroy the battle wagon but in the other hand I lost one of the transport ship. After that the game continued and when all the transport ships reached the jump gate they disappeared and the game continued although all goals are cleared ! I tried to replay and repeat the same event, and this problem happened all the times, so I guess this is a FRED bug but I am not sure, maybe my PC have gone mad

Has anyone noticed it ?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 06:31:52 pm by darkmaster »
TBP's apprentice FREDDER.

Campaign in development:
Guardian of Light (Demo state)(Download DEMO here)
The First Invasion - Part 1 (Planning Concept)

Single Mission :
Human-Narn First Contact (Download here)

Offline Daeron

• The guy playing with a mouse
ALT+J?  :D
Yarrrr! there be ony two ranks of leader amongst us pirates! Captain and if your really notorious then it’s Cap’n!

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
Warning : Spoiler !!!!!
I managed to destroy the battle wagon but in the other hand I lost one of the transport ship. After that the game continued and when all the transport ships reached the jump gate they disappeared and the game continued although all goals are cleared ! I tried to replay and repeat the same event, and this problem happened all the times, so I guess this is a FRED bug but I am not sure, maybe my PC have gone mad

Protip: Use spoiler tags, [spoiler]Spoiler goes here![/spoiler].
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline madaboutgames

• Heatemup People!
I noticed that mission a short while before I looked on here.

That problem and a couple of others had alreday been fixed.  The mission included in the exe must have been an old one for some reason.  I made a workaround to fix the problem you mentioned.

Anyway heres a patch for it :)

http://www.heatemup.co.uk/ebw1a.zip

*The Earth Brakiri War*
*B5 Star Fury Pilot*

www.heatemup.co.uk

Offline darkmaster

• TBP
    • Personal Website
Thank you for the fast patch. And I forgot to say that this campaign is really a wonderful work - very professional and innovative !!!

Campaign in development:

Single Mission :

Offline madaboutgames

• Heatemup People!
Cheers but you aint seen nowt yet if your on mission 8a :)

Lety me know when youve completed it and dont forget to screen capture your end of war summary and post it on the EBW forums in the High Scores Thread :)

*The Earth Brakiri War*
*B5 Star Fury Pilot*

www.heatemup.co.uk

Offline darkmaster

• TBP
    • Personal Website
This is my second time playing it  :D.
Spoiler:
In the first one I lost the Altair station so I must protect the asteroid base before going to Operation Phase 1. This time I got the Altair station but little has changed. I think I must play it again to discover the losing branch of the campaign.

Campaign in development:

Single Mission :

Offline hip63

• The DVD Builder Guy
    • hip63's Groovy Galaxy
Would you like an installer for your patch? And I can stick this in the DVD campaign pack

hip63 :p
operator: "So what do you need? Besides a miracle. " hip63: "Games. Lots of Games. "
EVGA X58 Motherboard, Intel i7 920 @ 3.8 (OC) GHz Quad Core, Zalman Copper Cooler, 6GB OCZ DDR3 memory, EVGA Nvidia GTX275 (1.8gb mem onboard), 4x 1TB Western Digital SATA II Drives + 1 WD Velociraptor HDD (OS), DVD Drive, Zalman 1000w PSU, Antec Twelve Hundred Case, Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Dell 2007WFP Widescreen Flat Panel Pure Gaming Evil Baby!

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Quietly update the installer download, changing the version number to 1a and including the patch material  ;7