Author Topic: RELEASE::: Drums Of War (Full Trilogy Release)  (Read 49219 times)

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
RELEASE::: Drums Of War (Full Trilogy Release)
After 20 months of FREDing and messing around it is done... Drums of War is complete...

DRUMS OF WAR
                             Part I - III

Until I got my admin to set up a proper link you can get the packge from here
It is highly adviced to have the Xmas 2008 FREDer package installed

Here you go:
http://www.freespacemods.net/download.php?view.643
(Note: If you should encounter a message saying "ship or weapon classes for the mission cannot be found" you can proceed anyway - an in-mission event will account for the missing ship type(s))

I thank the TBP team and the Community for staying on it.... here you are!

ps. there might still be some unspotted flaws in part III - feel free to report them

EDIT: AND WITH POST 1000!!!!
EDIT²: Patch for downloads prior to the 29th Decemeber 2008 (the .vp inside this archive has to be places into the "Durms Of War"-mod-folder
« Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 02:39:38 pm by 0rph3u5 »
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Re: RELEASE::: Drums Of War (Full Trilogy Release)
Downloading now. 

As soon as you get that link I'll add it to the campaign thread and the webpage. 

Installation looks like a straight unzip in the main folder since the mod folder is included in the archive.   :yes:
EDIT: It isn't in the new upload. USERS: Please create a folder called DOW in your TBP and put the .vp included in the .rar in it. Then mount this folder via the launcher - mod tab. You will need a mod.ini file too, ask Orph about it via the PM function of the forum ( :mad2:)

You might want to note that it needs those other mods from the Xmas packages as well. 
« Last Edit: December 29, 2008, 10:45:18 am by Vidmaster »
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
you may also upload it to proxima-fleet files  :)   Primus will be happy to see that somebody else but me is using it. It gives pretty high download speeds.
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

I found a possible bug in part 3, mission 3.  Every time I successfully complete mission 3, I click to go to the next mission and start out back on mission 3:

Spoiler:
And yes, I took out the comm array on the corvette before it sent the signal and then destroyed all the furies.  The Narn captain detected the transmission, said "we finally have a lead" and we all jumped.

Offline 0rph3u5

I found a possible bug in part 3, mission 3.  Every time I successfully complete mission 3, I click to go to the next mission and start out back on mission 3:

I got what you mean - - yeah it's a bug and I fixed it
I'll re-upload the full release now and I'll put a patch up as well (to save you the re-downloading)

Patch for downloads prior to the 29th Decemeber 2008

Link to patched full release is the same as before...

you may also upload it to proxima-fleet files  :)   Primus will be happy to see that somebody else but me is using it. It gives pretty high download speeds.

you don't read the urls from where you have been downloading? - the link leads to proxima-fleet
« Last Edit: December 29, 2008, 07:48:40 am by 0rph3u5 »
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

Offline Vidmaster

I got what you mean - - yeah it's a bug and I fixed it
I'll re-upload the full release now and I'll put a patch up as well (to save you the re-downloading)

welcome to the poor crowd of people who released a campaign including a blocker   ;)    I did too and I remember the shame  :lol:

you don't read the urls from where you have been downloading? - the link leads to proxima-fleet

no, I didn't download it since I was at work (EXACTLY, SOME PEOPLE ACTUALLY WORK AT THIS TIME OF THE YEAR :lol:)

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Well if you just put the cursor on the link it will tell you too.   :P

Thanks to Kara for a 3.6.10 inferno build I'll be playing this tonight with 3.6.10 as a test session. 

Note to Orph3u5 I read your tiny text and boy are you in for it.
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
First problem and I haven't even started yet.  You didn't include the mod.ini and other files in the new version.  Only thing in there is the VP. 

Offline Whitelight

• Thing, man like
A TBP Drums of War release.
A new inferno build.

I`m in heaven.  :)

Thanks to Orph3u5 for the time and effort, you rock dude.  :D  :yes:

Already thanked Kara.  :yes:
Simpicity of character is the natural resualt of profound thought

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
I wouldn't FRED with that 3.6.10 inferno build especially if you use texture replacement.  Nasty bug saving files. 

So far no problems playing the first 2 missions of the campaign with it. 

In Mission two I found myself without primaries.
I suppose thats not intended.

Offline 0rph3u5

In Mission two I found myself without primaries.
I suppose thats not intended.

That's new - which campaign's mission 2?

==================

Oh, sorry. I mean DoW3, the mission after the hyperspace prolog.

Note: I equipted my fighter with 72mm in the prolog.

Offline darkmaster

• TBP
    • Personal Website
Hi 0rph3u5,

I have just finished playing your series and I would like to say it is a great campaign. By the way I noticed a few bugs :

Spoiler:

Mission 2 : you can give orders to the whitestar 46 (which will make it cease to jump out and ruin the mission)
Mission 8 : If you scan Gorith 5, instead of making gorith 5 invisible it will make gorith 4 invisible (if you haven't scanned gorith 4 before then game over, because you won't be able to scan it later while it is invisible)
Mission 15 : If you destroyed the Horea (or its comm system) during 19s after it broadcasted the renforcement call, then the Astreaa will never jump in , and the ending event will never be triggered.

TBP's apprentice FREDDER.

Campaign in development:
Guardian of Light (Demo state)(Download DEMO here)
The First Invasion - Part 1 (Planning Concept)

Single Mission :
Human-Narn First Contact (Download here)

Offline Vidmaster

Whitestar 46 orders is still in there? I thought that one was fixed...

Finally, I got the time to play these myself.

Offline 0rph3u5

Oh, sorry. I mean DoW3, the mission after the hyperspace prolog.

Note: I equipted my fighter with 72mm in the prolog.

Sounds like a problem with the transfer from one mission to the other... I'll check
Does it work with the 52mm?

Hi 0rph3u5,

I have just finished playing your series and I would like to say it is a great campaign. By the way I noticed a few bugs :

Spoiler:

Mission 2 : you can give orders to the whitestar 46 (which will make it cease to jump out and ruin the mission)
Mission 8 : If you scan Gorith 5, instead of making gorith 5 invisible it will make gorith 4 invisible (if you haven't scanned gorith 4 before then game over, because you won't be able to scan it later while it is invisible)
Mission 15 : If you destroyed the Horea (or its comm system) during 19s after it broadcasted the renforcement call, then the Astreaa will never jump in , and the ending event will never be triggered.

frist one - I though I fixed that ages ago ... but I did now
second one - how cares? - but I fixed it anyway
thrid one - I'll look into it... maybe this just a bad arrival cue

==================

Offline -Norbert-

Sounds like a problem with the transfer from one mission to the other... I'll check
Does it work with the 52mm?
I had the same problem.
But when I restarted the campaign there was only the 52 mm available for some reason, but with it it worked alright.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Well if that's the case it could be an actual code bug.  I'll test that scenario and see if it is the case.  I know the 75 isn't in the loadout in mission 13 but if the status is carried by red-alert you would think that it would be allowed.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Just finished playing through it.  Very nice.  :yes:  Will be even better when it's voice acted. 

Offline darkmaster

• TBP
    • Personal Website
Hi 0rph3u5,
Why didn't you update the status of this campaign in the "post your campaign" thread ? Also I think you should write some instruction on putting this campaign and the Christmas pack together (it took me a while to figure out how to make the Christmas pack work for this campaign, and I am sure it is impossible for someone without modding experience to do it).
Thank you again for this great campaign, I enjoyed it so much. The best thing is that it is not too difficult and I haven't had to replay the mission 50 times to get through.  ;)

TBP's apprentice FREDDER.

Campaign in development:
Guardian of Light (Demo state)(Download DEMO here)
The First Invasion - Part 1 (Planning Concept)

Single Mission :
Human-Narn First Contact (Download here)