Author Topic: RELEASE::: Drums Of War (Full Trilogy Release)  (Read 49220 times)

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Re: RELEASE::: Drums Of War (Full Trilogy Release)
He forgot to include the mod.ini and other files in the current version.  As soon as he updates the link as final I'll post the info in the campaign thread and add it to the webpage. 

Oh and I tried that 75mm in mission 12 and it is causing the problem when it hits mission 13. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
He forgot to include the mod.ini and other files in the current version.  As soon as he updates the link as final I'll post the info in the campaign thread and add it to the webpage. 

exactly. And add a note to the ModDB page. Just iron out the bugs.
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
All bugs which have been reported until now have been taken care of (although I've yet not updated the package online) ... I'm now procceding to focus on the adventure of voice-acting - should be pretty easy
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 07:03:26 am by 0rph3u5 »
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Chasing people for lines is the most difficult part.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Vidmaster

should be pretty easy

:mad: :mad: :mad: you have no f****ng idea how incredibly easy this is  :mad: :mad: :mad:

faith manages.

Remember to PM every single person who ever posted in the Appeal Thread.

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline darkmaster

• TBP
    • Personal Website
should be pretty easy

:mad: :mad: :mad: you have no f****ng idea how incredibly easy this is  :mad: :mad: :mad:

faith manages.

Remember to PM every single person who ever posted in the Appeal Thread.

Valen said Orph3u5 "have a lot of work ahead" ^^.
That means we must wait another 3 months for the official release of DOW if he really wants to go voice-acting.
TBP's apprentice FREDDER.

Campaign in development:
Guardian of Light (Demo state)(Download DEMO here)
The First Invasion - Part 1 (Planning Concept)

Single Mission :
Human-Narn First Contact (Download here)

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Doesn't have to take that long. There are less lines in DOW than in many campaigns.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Vidmaster

true

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
I updated the DOW 1&2 thread in the campaign topic for the full trilogy.
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Vidmaster

okay. DoW3 seems to be playable now, let's highlight it.

EDIT: wait a sec.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 09:11:05 am by Vidmaster »

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Well done Orph.

Offline 0rph3u5

I have not uploaded the corrected version -- and let's save the highlighting for the voice-acted version, k?
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

Offline Vidmaster

I have not uploaded the corrected version -- and let's save the highlighting for the voice-acted version, k?

whoa, that one was close. I had already opened the Highlighting Thread  :rolleyes:

Part 3 was a good and very interesting way to end the series.   :yes:

The only problem I ran into was equipping my fighter with the 75mm pulse and then ending up with no primary weapons in the mission following that one.

HEY i have a problem i only get to mission 2 in dow 3 and it plays the intro movie then goes back to the main menu and when i press continue it says that the campaigns finished

HELP!!!!!!

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Are you using the inferno build?  Try creating a new pilot.  Could be corrupted.

As for the 75mm bug I had it happen too but am unable to reproduce it.  I tried for about an hour with several different scenarios but never got the bug. 

i noticed in part 1 of drums of war i was able to fly as a shadow ship after a couple of missions, how can i do this on parts 2 and three? or can i fly any other ships?

Offline darkmaster

• TBP
    • Personal Website
i noticed in part 1 of drums of war i was able to fly as a shadow ship after a couple of missions, how can i do this on parts 2 and three? or can i fly any other ships?

Those things are bonuses, and if my memory still serves me well you can fly shadow in part 1 and 2 (just clear the bonuses)
TBP's apprentice FREDDER.

Campaign in development:
Guardian of Light (Demo state)(Download DEMO here)
The First Invasion - Part 1 (Planning Concept)

Single Mission :
Human-Narn First Contact (Download here)

Are you using the inferno build?  Try creating a new pilot.  Could be corrupted.

As for the 75mm bug I had it happen too but am unable to reproduce it.  I tried for about an hour with several different scenarios but never got the bug. 

that's funny.... reproducing that error is not difficult for me, it simply happens after every mission where I can equip the 75mm in briefing. And my heart nearly stopped when my trigger go *click* empty on the Drakh in mission 2! haha

------
Another bug or odd thing (and unfortunately a little mission plot spoiler):
Spoiler:
I was able to play through the number 6 (I think) mission where the two Drakh ships slice up the Narn station and the Poseidon, right up to the arrival of our buddies, which caused the Drakh Cruiser to ram the Voltoth. It went, I went with it *BLAST* and the game was leaving me with another attempt at this one mission. Now here's the thing, I tried several times but the mission is behaving erratic - to say the least. Drakh fighters simply don't shoot or dead-stop in the middle of space, Voltoth is destroyed by debris from the station (happened twice already) or most of the time the Drakh cruisers exclusively hunt ME and the Voltoth... Poseidon's at 100% while the Voltoth goes booom shortly after the Message to "intercept the Gunships before they bring their weapons to bear" as soon as they are in weapons range for their beams. As trying to dodge those Drakh main beams is hard for my fighter - almost impossible - me and/or Voltoth are usually gone before any further script related to the Poseidon's exitus can even start...

I have a clean install of TBP DVD with the Xmas08 pack mod and DOW3 from your D/L link. Running inferno just fine.... I still have to try it out on my notebook (running the download final version of 3.4), there I was only able to reproduce the 75mm bug but I haven't played beyond mission 2 yet.
I think I will do a reinstall and pray for the final+voice DOW version  :-D

Offline 0rph3u5

Spoiler:
I was able to play through the number 6 (I think) mission where the two Drakh ships slice up the Narn station and the Poseidon, right up to the arrival of our buddies, which caused the Drakh Cruiser to ram the Voltoth. It went, I went with it *BLAST* and the game was leaving me with another attempt at this one mission. Now here's the thing, I tried several times but the mission is behaving erratic - to say the least. Drakh fighters simply don't shoot or dead-stop in the middle of space, Voltoth is destroyed by debris from the station (happened twice already) or most of the time the Drakh cruisers exclusively hunt ME and the Voltoth... Poseidon's at 100% while the Voltoth goes booom shortly after the Message to "intercept the Gunships before they bring their weapons to bear" as soon as they are in weapons range for their beams. As trying to dodge those Drakh main beams is hard for my fighter - almost impossible - me and/or Voltoth are usually gone before any further script related to the Poseidon's exitus can even start...

okay that's totally new and totally odd....

that the debris shower from one of ships going down in that mission does damage to the Vol'Toth is not new ... but I though I've brough that under control by balancing...
about the other phenomena ... I don't know - actually that should not happen... I'll see into this if I've time to spare...

==================