Author Topic: Game crashes when loading mission "Slipping the Noose" (part of the Raider War)  (Read 2544 times)

Game crashes when loading mission "Slipping the Noose" (part of the Raider War)
Using the Linux FSO 3.6.12 build (both release and debug), the game crashes to the desktop when loading the Slipping the Noose mission, after the dream sequence where the Altair station is destroyed.
Command line output is the following:

ERROR: "Invalid variable name.  In sexpression: ( when     ( is-subsystem-destroyed-delay        "EA Gibraltar"        "engine01"        0     )    ( modify-variable        "EnginesScorched"        ( + [] 1 )     ) ) (Error appears to be: EnginesScorched)" at mission/missionparse.cpp:5388

Attached is the log output of the debug version.

one thing I noticed:
In the "mission" before, which turns out to be a nightmare, I have to switch to external views to see anything of the scene, cockpit view is black except for the HUD elements, some of which are out of place.

I'm not quite sure what to make of it and where to start looking for clues.
Maybe one of you can help.

[attachment deleted by a basterd]

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Re: Game crashes when loading mission "Slipping the Noose" (part of the Raider War)
Looks like your copy of Zathras is corrupted.  Try redownloading that. 

Also Zathras should be in a folder under TBP not in the TBP folder itself. 
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 04:55:25 pm by FUBAR-BDHR »
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Re: Game crashes when loading mission "Slipping the Noose" (part of the Raider War)
OK, seems I also had a rather old version of Zathras installed (installed it all together via an ebuild). Putting Zathras 2.0 into the proper place has helped. Thanks :-)