Author Topic: zathras 2.8  (Read 5980 times)

Hey guys,i was wondering if zathras 2.8 is compatible with fs2 open 3_7_2 or just 3_7_0.

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Seems to be 3.7.0 only, not 3.7.2
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Is there a fixed table available for TBP anywhere? Cause it seems silly to restrict the game to obsolete builds for a simple table error.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Is there a fixed table available for TBP anywhere? Cause it seems silly to restrict the game to obsolete builds for a simple table error.

What's the error? (I've not been keeping up with the latest builds, only migrated to 3.7.2 recently to keep up with FS_Port)
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
It complains about +Bitmap not being found.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Actually, I think I was wrong, it's an issue in the Zathras weapons.tbl, not the TBP weapons.tbl.  I've attached a fix, and see the diff below for when the attachment is deleted:

Code: [Select]
--- /tmp/weapons.tbl 2016-02-14 16:17:33.225262534 +1000
+++ data/tables/weapons.tbl 2016-02-14 16:15:28.313261701 +1000
@@ -7542,6 +7542,7 @@
  +Start Alpha: 0.0
  +End Alpha: 0.0
  +Max Life: 0.0
+ +Bitmap: EAmissile3
 $Icon: iconTempest
 $Anim: Tempest
 $Impact Explosion Radius: 0.0

(only thing is, I'm sure I tried to fix this without success ages ago, so I'm really confused if the fix is this simple, my past self must have been on drugs or something...)

[attachment DELETED!! by Strong Bad]
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...