Author Topic: Star Wars general discussion  (Read 7379 times)

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
Star Wars general discussion
*See's a vision of the future* (not the book mind you ;))

*cough* yuzhan vong mod *cough*

scuse' me

:)
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Originally posted by Knight Templar
*See's a vision of the future* (not the book mind you ;))

*cough* yuzhan vong mod *cough*

scuse' me

:)

Weeellllll off into the future. We'll be concentrating on original trilogy movie and game canon ships first, then a few Trilogy era book ships (Eclipse for example), then I think prequels, though non canon book stuff like the yv may arrive about then, though logically it seems unlikely (limited reference material, plus if we tried to every non canon ship, well, we'd be here for longer than it took to make all the movies and books combined :nervous: ).
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
I'd liek to see a modders take on a yuzhan vong cruiser and coral skipper though. That would be sweet.

FS already has the plasma blobs for the weapons, that'll save you some time ;)

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Originally posted by Knight Templar
I'd liek to see a modders take on a yuzhan vong cruiser and coral skipper though. That would be sweet.

FS already has the plasma blobs for the weapons, that'll save you some time ;)

Well, no high quality SW mods will be rejected, so if anyone were to do these models, we'd use them. Just a matter of finding a willing modder.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
There's also the Ssi-ruuvi ships - I have diagrams of the ships in the Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels - fighting against a whole swarm of those Battle Droids would be so sweet!

Hmm... as a matter of fact, that battle droid is just about the simplest thing one can imagine... Hmmmm... ;7

Oh, by the way, turrets on a rotating submodel work wonderfully, so a Hapan Battle Dragon would be quite a ship to include. I took the idea of its rotating turrets for the GTExD that I did a while back, as a matter of fact. :)
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
There's also the Ssi-ruuvi ships - I have diagrams of the ships in the Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels - fighting against a whole swarm of those Battle Droids would be so sweet!

Hmm... as a matter of fact, that battle droid is just about the simplest thing one can imagine... Hmmmm...

I have that book :) bassically the Ssi-ruuvi fighter is a 5 by 5 pyramid with good textures and a gun on each point, thrusters on each surface.

Don't forget the Sun Crusher ! that could make a nice mission, you already have the super nova affect ;7

Didn't somebody make an SSD awhile ago and wanted to call it FS.. GTXD Excalibur or something?

Too Long, Didn't Read

Originally posted by Sandwich

Hmm... as a matter of fact, that battle droid is just about the simplest thing one can imagine... Hmmmm... ;7

Oh, by the way, turrets on a rotating submodel work wonderfully, so a Hapan Battle Dragon would be quite a ship to include. I took the idea of its rotating turrets for the GTExD that I did a while back, as a matter of fact. :)

Me and Sandwich could get together all the ship diagrams and send em to the modelers that whay they know what they look like, and I made a list back in the "Jobs" thread of the ships used bay the Imperial, and Rebles, and one's used bay both I would like to ask if you could at least include the Scimitar I've always whanted to see that ship in action!:nod:
The Ancients a old and proud reace, one that is not all alone, and I am not one of them, but I am Nouben.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Stargunner: I have the book. So does Black Wolf, and most, if not all, of the schematics are online. There's tons of reference material everywhere. Thanks for the offer.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
:o

Don't they have a revised version out with NJO ships ?

at least i thought i saw it in canada. :doubt:

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline Warlock

• Death Angel
    • Holocron Productions
Not to my knowledge. The last Guide was the new Esstential Guide to Characters,.... there are however a FEW NJO era craft in the RPG Starships of the Galaxy,...but only one image at best for them.  (Defender Class Star Destroyer for example)
Warlock

DeathAngel Squadron, Forever remembered.

Do or Do Not,..There Is No Spoon

To Fly Exotic Ships, Meet Exotic People, and Kill Them.

We may rise and fall, but in the end
 We meet our fate together