Author Topic: FS2 StarWars  (Read 32561 times)

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
Interesting... you could jazz it up a bit - I mean the original was on its last legs. That's why they made the B-Wing...

Offline Kitsune

On it's last legs?

I wouldn't say that, just because a fighter is old doesn't mean it's useless.  The Hercules, Uly...  Of course the loki was a failed project used as filler for cheaper craft.  (In my opinion.)

The y-wing Had decent armor, heavy shields (for a fighter).  It was getting old yes, and the B-wing was a definite step up..

It's not the fighter's fault that it was such a high-maintenence ship that the techs got tired of replacing the paneling after every fight and simply left them off...
~Space Kitsuné
6-Tailed RPG Nut.

"Why the hell don't we have any missles on this damn boat?!"
"But Sir, we have Tempests, Rockeyes, and unknown bombs."
"Like I said ensign, 'Why don't we have any missles on this damn boat?!"

"I went to a fight last night and a hockey game broke out."  -Groucho Marx

Offline Grey Wolf

I'm mounting soem extra blasters on it, and the extra engine means it actually can now move. I'll try to thing of some other enhancements for it...
You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?" -George Bernard Shaw

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Here's an idea for the Y-Wing Mk. II:

Y-Wing-

Y-Wing Mk. II-
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Grey Wolf

You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?" -George Bernard Shaw

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
You could add some panelling to it - make it more streamlined (possibly for atmospheric flight)...

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
I made the hud icons for the ships I have

I'll send the anis momentarily.

(BTW, I know the TF has no shields, but those parts should disappear if you put shield strength=0 in the tables (I just wanted to be prepared in case a storyline called for shielded ties, and this will save making another ani.)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2002, 06:11:12 am by 302 »
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline KARMA

• Darth Hutt
    • http://members.fortunecity.com/aranbanjo
ehm... try to convert images from txt to jpg:)

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Done. BTW, do I have an email to send these to?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2002, 06:14:58 am by 302 »
Rarely Updated P3D.

Offline KARMA

• Darth Hutt
    • http://members.fortunecity.com/aranbanjo
wow!! they are VERY good!!!!! i like em!!:jaw:
my email is [email protected] , i'll forward em to the others

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
    • Visit the TI homepage!
They're gone :). Interface icons will take a while longer, but They'll be along too, in time, and then the loadout screens.
Rarely Updated P3D.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
Black Wolf, I LOVE you!!

[email protected]

Send them to Karma, too.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Grey Wolf

I think maybe I'll alter mine to have a unified body as opposed to the multi-piece one...

Offline Killfrenzy

• Slaughter-class cruiser
  • Randomly Existing
Originally posted by Black Wolf
I know the TF has no shields, but those parts should disappear if you put shield strength=0 in the tables

Or just say it doesn't have a shield system in Fred! :D:D:D
Death has more impact than life, for everyone dies, but not everyone lives. [/b]
-Tomoe Hotaru (Sailor Saturn
------------
Founder of Shadows of Lylat

Offline The SLOTH!

• Black Lancer
Hey, if you guys have a team and stuff oriented, I'd be more than happy to do some FREDing and story stuff.

God knows I love doing both. :nod:

Keep up the damn good work guys! ;7
"Everyone dies.  It’s the final and only lasting Justice. Evil exists; it is intelligence in the service of entropy. When the side of a mountain slides down to kill a village, it is not evil, for evil requires intent. Should a sentient being cause that landslide, there is evil; and requires Justice as a consequence, so that civilization can exist.  There is no greater good than Justice; and only if law serves Justice is it a good law. It is said correctly that law exists not for the Just but for the unjust, for the Just carry the law in their hearts, and do not need to call it from afar.  I bow to no one and I give service only for cause."
- Jaster Mereel -

"Let my soul drive my creativity; Let my heart pour forth in my work.  When you've seen the light, you've seen The Sloth."
- The Sloth -

"KISS IT!"
- The Sloth -

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
havn't read this thread, and I don't know if I have mentioned this or not, but those origonal mods made back in the fs1 days by "Darth Maul", I think is what he called himself, was actualy a V god, and the POFs were compiled with V's BSPgen POF spiter-outer.
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Killfrenzy

• Slaughter-class cruiser
  • Randomly Existing
I wondered why we hadn't seen much of him! :D:D
Death has more impact than life, for everyone dies, but not everyone lives. [/b]
-Tomoe Hotaru (Sailor Saturn
------------
Founder of Shadows of Lylat

Offline Grey Wolf

There's going to be a few days I won't be able to work. My comp's schizo and needs to be re-formatted. Hopefully I'll get back to working on them soon.....

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
Originally posted by Bobboau
havn't read this thread, and I don't know if I have mentioned this or not, but those origonal mods made back in the fs1 days by "Darth Maul", I think is what he called himself, was actualy a V god, and the POFs were compiled with V's BSPgen POF spiter-outer.

Ah, that explains the many strategically placed lights...

Planetary backgrounds are done. Download them here. Includes Yavin, Yavin IV, Tattooine, Dagobah, Hoth, Forest Moon of Endor, Naboo, Coruscant, Kamino, and both Death Stars. Also the required table file and a sample mission so you can see them in-game.

EDIT: If anyone can find full pictures of Geonosis I'd be grateful.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2002, 01:45:59 pm by 510 »

Offline Grey Wolf

I'm back, but I have to redownload almost everything :bleh: