Author Topic: You want? (Concept Colossus)  (Read 23291 times)

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Re: You want? (Concept Colossus)
REJOICETH! New screenshots are here:

Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Nice! :yes:
That thing on the bottom of the second screenshot is the head, right?
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
That would be the experimental head, since the upper one is too plain for my liking.

Must Crush Shivanism!

Offline Snail

• SC 5
The model is good, it's just the texturing that is a bit off.. :ick:

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
It's in a state of flux. The model has progressed a bit since the last shots, but ATM I halted work on it. Working on the Archangel. A bit on one then a bit on hte other. I keep switching betwen them.

And by texturing, do you mean tiling?

EDIT: (in case you folks are interested)
http://www.infinity-universe.com/Infinity/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=75&topic=10589.0
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 11:15:59 am by TrashMan »

It's in a state of flux. The model has progressed a bit since the last shots, but ATM I halted work on it. Working on the Archangel. A bit on one then a bit on hte other. I keep switching betwen them.

And by texturing, do you mean tiling?

EDIT: (in case you folks are interested)
http://www.infinity-universe.com/Infinity/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=75&topic=10589.0

I'm glad your adding a fighterbay(s) if I'm correct in what I saw at that link? I seem to recall you were going too at first, but decided not too. Change of heart?  :D
Got Shivans? The SOC Ezechiel is the schnitzel! Don't leave base without it.

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Sorta. Infinity requires that large ships have at least 1 modeled hangar. So why not..I was improving it anyway. Polycount is still remarkably low...around 10000 polys

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Trash...great model but seriously...after all these years, you still haven't gotten over your tile-texture fetish?

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
I do agree that the tiling factor is a bit high.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Jouzin

• Big FS fan...
    • Webpage
so release will be ? Looks really nice :)

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Dunno...work is ATM on hold.
I'm concetrating on a few things for Infintiy, but not even that is going very well, since my right arm is fubar.

Offline Jouzin

• Big FS fan...
    • Webpage
OK so status ? Trashman's Colossus or that Galemp's ? Is one of them downloadable ?

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
No. I entered my lazy period.

I have a dozen half-finished models lying around and neither of them is moving forward.

Offline Ziame

• ED ftw
Where does that money come from? :doubt:
Me....
^Spam. really^

Your colossus is awesomesauce, Trashman. Do want.
Rabbinic Judaism had a good start with the Old Testament but kinda missed the point about 2000 years ago

ALL HAIL HERRA
/fan of BlackHole

Offline Jouzin

• Big FS fan...
    • Webpage
No. I entered my lazy period.

I have a dozen half-finished models lying around and neither of them is moving forward.

LOL welcome in club :D

Me too have about 4-5 unfinished Stagate ships... And don't have time to complete them :( 

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Mine/RagingLoli's is going to take quite some time to complete.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
LOL welcome in club :D

Me too have about 4-5 unfinished Stagate ships... And don't have time to complete them :( 

Please tell me you're not a native English speaker, as opposed to just being lazy...
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
Dunno...work is ATM on hold.
I'm concetrating on a few things for Infintiy, but not even that is going very well, since my right arm is fubar.

Infinity, eh? What projects are you working on for that, TrashMan?
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

You know, when released, this model would fit very well with the mod/campaign I'm working on. A Colossus that kinda-sorta-mostly looks like the Colossus would make things go a lot smoother in the campaign.

Spoiler:
Among other things, the GTVA is going to discover a pair of severely damaged, abandoned Colossi floating around - from an alternate timeline and universe. Hence why an alternate Colossus model would fit so well.

Rock on, Trashman!
:divedivedive: <--- This needs to be a smiley.
Developer of the Singularity campaign/mod (WIP)
I call dibs on developing a Capella Barbecue Theory campaign.