Author Topic: Disabling the ugly 3.6.12 beam fade effect  (Read 2256 times)

Offline 666maslo666

• Artificial Neural Network
Disabling the ugly 3.6.12 beam fade effect
I am using Zathras 2.0 version with 3.6.12 exe. How can I disable the ugly premature beam fade effect? Fortulantely, both Freespace mediavps_3612 and Blue Planet mod got rid of it, but Zathras still has it. I read there was a table fix, at least for mvps, but cannot find it. Anyone able to help?
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return." - Leonardo da Vinci

Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics. Even if you win you are still retarded.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Re: Disabling the ugly 3.6.12 beam fade effect
Hasn't that always been in TBP? Or am I misremembering?

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Yeah, in TBP beams fade by default and this has been "for ages"...

B5 ships (eg. Sharlin) have more beam guns than you usual FS_Open-mod-ships and it quite frankly is a boon that those beams don't go on and on...
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline Qent

You would have to tweak it for every beam by changing its Beaminfo +Range to a very large number.

Offline Slasher

I believe TBP has used beam fade ever since it was an option with the SCP.  The last time I remember beams not fading was around 2004, the Release 2/2.1 era. 

I know if I ever release another campaign I'm probably going to incorporate a custom table that increases the ranges on some of those weapons so the fade effect isn't as noticeable to the player within the usual mission space.