Author Topic: Forum Moderator and passoff  (Read 21460 times)

Forum Moderator and passoff
Well its kinda come down to some possibilities for this project.
First off, Styxx has been inactive for some time, I was wondering if anyone else has talked to or communicated somehow with him, if hes off the project yada yada. secondly if no one has communicated with him, should or even can we replace him as a mod?
also i have noticed some of the original team seems to be lacking in the department of givin a damn(as far as forum attitude goes) If they gave up, is there any possibility of getting whats done(mission outlines, missions, models ect.), someone else can pick up the baton and go you know, its not like the end of the world!

Offline Gloriano

• silver dracon
  • Machina terra
Re: Forum Moderator and passoff
is there any possibility of getting whats done(mission outlines, missions, models ect.)

No, well Styxx is only one who can decide things like that and since he haven't been around for a while
You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.- Nietzsche

When in despair I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won; there have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Raven2001

• Machina Terra Reborn
  • Im not the droid your looking for, move along
And no the team isn't on "I don't give a damn mode"... we're just very busy people, who have jobs\uni\whatever...

Although If I may say so, for someone who seems to claim to "give a damn", I haven't seen YOU doing anything in the last years to change the state of this project, except complain and moan...
Yeah we know, you don't know how to model\texture\FRED\whatever... guess what that was never an excuse, because it isn't that hard to learn any of those.
TBH it tickles me that for all this years I see people asking us to get stuff done, and yet they do nothing themselves to get things done.

That said, I don't agree on Gloriano's opinion.
Styxx has just disapeared of the radar... he doesn't even show up on MSN for a long time (which is strange). Heck he might even be dead (exagerating, and of course I hope not) for all we know.
Given that its up to the rest of the crew to decide what to do next. Not the forum moderators, not the fans, not anyone else. We are aware of all the options, so don't worry.
Yeah, I know you were waiting for a very nice sig, in which I was quoting some very famous scientist or philosopher... guess what?!? I wont indulge you...

Why, you ask? What, do I look like a Shivan to you?!?

Raven is a god.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
IMO, unless some miracle worker comes around and gives everyone tons of motivation and reorganizes the project, MT is in hibernation.

Offline eliex

Could I help the MT Project out? I mean, I've been in HLP for about 4/5's of a year but I haven't really contributed much, so I could I start here?
Not really great at anything apart from FREDding, but hey, I'm still learning.
So I'd be happy to join, if you want me.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
You had better go start somewhere else like NTV because right now we don't need more staff. NTV does though...

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
What do you mean?

If MT doesn't need more staff how do you intend to replace the inactive members? New and motivated members can help.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Snail

• SC 5
If MT doesn't need more staff how do you intend to replace the inactive members? New and motivated members can help.
MT hired several "new motivated members" in the past 2 years. The only ones who have really done any more than a modicum of work for the project was DarkShadow-. The rest of the many people hired in the past two years, me included, have done barely 1 or 2 missions for the project. New members is not what we need at this point.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
It doesn't mean new members aren't going to succeed where you and the other "motivated members who joined in the past 2 years" failed.

With many members in MIA status and no need to recruit, what are you going to do?
The Lightblue Ribbon

Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)

Offline Spicious

• Master Chief John-158
We'll obtain some organisation and see what becomes necessary.

Offline Raven2001

• Machina Terra Reborn
eliex, despite what Snail has claimed, I'm sure your help will be much apreciated :)

Please send a sample mission or two to Spicious, Mobius or DarkShadow so we can just evaluate what you can do, and know how much we should expect :)
Yeah, I know you were waiting for a very nice sig, in which I was quoting some very famous scientist or philosopher... guess what?!? I wont indulge you...

Raven is a god.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Why would he send me a sample mission for MT?

I'd suggest you guys to reform the modpack and remove all alternate, unused and useless versions of the stuff you already have. In order to do this contact the team member that surely has all the stuff saved on his PC...
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Raven2001

• Machina Terra Reborn
So you can evaluate it scripting wise... I don't do it myself because, well, I don't know **** about fredding :P

Raven is a god.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
It's not a matter of FREDding...it's a matter of picking up a member of the team who has the latest versions of the files. That'll prevent vital and recent files from being overwritten by old ones in your effort to recreate the modpack. :)
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Raven2001

• Machina Terra Reborn
Oh that... I was talking about Eliex's sample mission, which won't be tied to MT obviously :P

As for the rest, I'll resume the conversation in the internal

Raven is a god.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Good to know... :)
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken