Author Topic: What are you working on?  (Read 308914 times)

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Re: What are you working on?
So now it's his Raguel... Interesting. I'm wondering what author of this model may have to say. I think I remember that guy.
C'mon, you can make models so quick that you don't even remember them afterwards. ;)
Maybe. Or even perhaps.

Bryan barely started it. I had to redo basicly everything, except for the tail and parts of the arms. In the end only those and few details on the engines are his job. Majority of geometry, mapping, texturing, conversion and everything else were done by me.

I don't want to sound like crazy about my stuff. Raguel is also using parts of Cain and Bhaal, so c914 and half of ED Team contributed to this as well. Also this is community asset I don't claim, but only developed and published for general usage. Anyway, let's keep things as clear, as it's possible. Bryan, don't ever take full credit for collab work. Especially when your contribution was about 10% of the job. I don't deny your participation, but Raguel is mine.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Trying to redeem, but under Tiger Parents
    • Twitter
So now it's his Raguel... Interesting. I'm wondering what author of this model may have to say. I think I remember that guy.
C'mon, you can make models so quick that you don't even remember them afterwards. ;)
Maybe. Or even perhaps.

Bryan barely started it. I had to redo basicly everything, except for the tail and parts of the arms. In the end only those and few details on the engines are his job. Majority of geometry, mapping, texturing, conversion and everything else were done by me.

I don't want to sound like crazy about my stuff. Raguel is also using parts of Cain and Bhaal, so c914 and half of ED Team contributed to this as well. Also this is community asset I don't claim, but only developed and published for general usage. Anyway, let's keep things as clear, as it's possible. Bryan, don't ever take full credit for collab work. Especially when your contribution was about 10% of the job. I don't deny your participation, but Raguel is mine.
Thanks for that, Nyctaeus. In return, I use your models in my mod, Shattered Stars.
Bryan See - My FreeSpace Wiki User Page (Talk, Contributions)

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:
Lost in the Mist - Cyrene vs. Psamtik
FreeSpace: Reunited

Ships:
GTS Hygeia, GTT Argo, SC Raguel

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

I've been under attack by Tiger Parents like Jennifer Pan...

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Feel free to use anything you find appropiate as long as you give proper credit.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Working on a new version of the NTF Iceni's Garde Squadron-logo for TLG - Ashcroft as a diversion... After realizing no matter how much I try, the imitation of a 18th/19th century French army officer brass belt buckle is way out of my league, I have begun dissolving the design in to abstract shapes...

... and it turned out to look a bit like the ST:R GTI Phoenix crossed with the FS2 SOC Jackal Corvidae crossed with the NTF Logo ... and the NTF Logo that is supposed to be at the centre isn't even in it yet :) - I might not be a total loss as a graphics desinger yet. (Still not much to look at)

The big problem are going to be the colours, as NTF Logo iself is made up of mostly dark colours (which limits the use of bright colours) ... but then turning it into a reflection of the SOC Jackal Raven/Crow by making it all black and glossy does have its charms (maybe instead of just having spread wings, just add a few angles so the wings look like they fold around the NTF logo, in a way more angular version of the broken elipses around the SOC Jackal Bird ... yeah that could work)

EDIT: edit made when I looked at the cb_loop-a_b.ani in quite some time, and I realized that its not a jackal but a raven/crow in the SOC logo ... why do I remember that thing having ears?

« Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 02:01:34 pm by 0rph3u5 »
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline Strygon

• So long, and thanks for all the fish!
    • Steam
So I've been piling up ship model after ship model in my "Unfinished Ships" folder, always forgetting to texture them. But I've recently started working on said pile, starting with probably the biggest piece o' work.

The NSFD Spearhead-Class Heavy Destroyer

(good god texturing this thing is gonna take so long)
Makes missions sometimes.
Finished Projects: Operation: Cloak and Dagger

Current Projects: Scrolls Part 2 (FREDding), Dimensional Eclipse (Art),
The First Contact War, GTDr Amazon HTL

[23:22] strypolygon: andrew
[23:22] strypolygon: i have one favor to ask of you
[23:22] strypolygon: never try speaking german again
[23:23] Andrewofdoom: No.

[18:50] 島風改八百三: the duck has multipli
[18:50] 島風改八百三: many duck
[18:50] 島風改八百三: left side
[18:50] 島風改八百三: even side
[18:50] 島風改八百三: handle it

[21:34] MP-Ryan: Why on earth would you Google this
[21:34] The_E: why would you not

[06:46] Strigon: how big is a mini-campaign again?
[06:46] Asteroth: smaller than a campaign
[06:47 ]Strigon: thanks

[05:56] Strigon: If I had to take a shot for each time I randomly decided to change the UI sounds, I'd have died of alcohol poisoning by now

[17:36] qazwsxal: time to have some fun
[17:41] z64555: VC++5 is not my idea of fun

[EatThePath] do your missiles do anything absurd?
[Strigon] describe absurd
[Strigon] the entire mod is absurd

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
So I've been piling up ship model after ship model in my "Unfinished Ships" folder, always forgetting to texture them. But I've recently started working on said pile, starting with probably the biggest piece o' work.
Properties -> Modifiers -> Edge Split :D

Offline Strygon

• So long, and thanks for all the fish!
    • Steam
Properties -> Modifiers -> Edge Split :D

Oh, thank you kindly. I never actually knew about that function.
Makes missions sometimes.
Finished Projects: Operation: Cloak and Dagger

Current Projects: Scrolls Part 2 (FREDding), Dimensional Eclipse (Art),
The First Contact War, GTDr Amazon HTL

[23:22] strypolygon: andrew
[23:22] strypolygon: i have one favor to ask of you
[23:22] strypolygon: never try speaking german again
[23:23] Andrewofdoom: No.

[18:50] 島風改八百三: the duck has multipli
[18:50] 島風改八百三: many duck
[18:50] 島風改八百三: left side
[18:50] 島風改八百三: even side
[18:50] 島風改八百三: handle it

[21:34] MP-Ryan: Why on earth would you Google this
[21:34] The_E: why would you not

[06:46] Strigon: how big is a mini-campaign again?
[06:46] Asteroth: smaller than a campaign
[06:47 ]Strigon: thanks

[05:56] Strigon: If I had to take a shot for each time I randomly decided to change the UI sounds, I'd have died of alcohol poisoning by now

[17:36] qazwsxal: time to have some fun
[17:41] z64555: VC++5 is not my idea of fun

[EatThePath] do your missiles do anything absurd?
[Strigon] describe absurd
[Strigon] the entire mod is absurd

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile

Rebuild of Earth Alliance medical ship. Kinda different style than what I usually do, but I want something with lots of greebles for semi-realistic look. This one will be released when I'm done with it. As a gift from Inferno Team for you folks, to satisfy community needs for utility ships.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 06:40:24 pm by Nyctaeus »

Offline HLD_Prophecy

• PVD_Hope in a former life
Nice, I like it! Needs turrets though. An LTerSlash will do nicely.  ;)

Offline 0rph3u5

I wants it, I needs it.

Nice, I like it! Needs turrets though. An LTerSlash will do nicely.  ;)

Lets not have a repeat of the Hippocrates.
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

I wants it, I needs it.

If you use the tilemapped version you can reskin it. UVing makes it much harder... :drevil:

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
tilemapped

It will be UVed and PBR-textured. If anybody has any request for certain skins, I gladly offer my services :]

Offline 0rph3u5

If anybody has any request for certain skins, I gladly offer my services :]

Maybe one that is less "busy" than the current crop of the Inferno-EA textures? Perhaps closer to the Fenris or Black Wolf's textures for the GTFg Jupiter, so it would not look out of place next to those?

==================

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile

Maybe one that is less "busy" than the current crop of the Inferno-EA textures? Perhaps closer to the Fenris or Black Wolf's textures for the GTFg Jupiter, so it would not look out of place next to those?
Can be done.

Nice ship :yes:
Size?

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Size?
Same as original Askelpios. About 750m

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
    • Twitter
Size?
Same as original Askelpios. About 750m
How accurate. Maybe I'll try that. On every UIMS model. And UGSF's. And possibly SOC.

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
I'm not sure if I understand you correctly. It's hard for me to estimate exact size, because new model for Askelpios is significantly different compared to low-poly version released with Nostos. So far I won't export it to PCS2 so I can't tell you exact dimensions.

Offline 0rph3u5

Can be done.

On behalf of the S.A.R. Teams of the Scylla and the Avicenna, thank you.

==================

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter

Can be done.

On behalf of the S.A.R. Teams of the Scylla and the Avicenna, thank you.
So do I.

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template