Author Topic: Wiki file upload is down..  (Read 3577 times)

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
Wiki file upload is down..
The upload directory (/var/www/vhosts/hard-light.net/httpdocs/wiki/images) is not writable by the webserver.

That is the only thing i get when i access this page
http://www.hard-light.net/wiki/index.php/Special:Upload
Do not meddle in the affairs of coders for they are soggy and hard to light

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
Re: Wiki file upload is down..
Is this possible to get fixed or can I (well.. hopefully we) post the images to someone who has rights to upload stuff there?

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
I'd like to echo this concern as I'm just getting started on the TBP shiplist (currently cleaning up the Aurora entry so I have a usable template).
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
Mandatory once per week bump...

:bump:

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Great having a support forum that the administration ignores, eh?
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
Yeah... I thought it was just cause I didn't have some sort of authorization

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
I've come to the conclusion that I'm the only admin who checks outside of Administration and Hard Light. :(

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
I do check, but I don't have much interest in HLP these days, much less in problems.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Sorry guys... I've been stuck in the post-"away-from-work-for-a-month" craziness. The problem's fixed now.
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
Doesnt seem to be ok yet...

Now i can get to the actual upload page but when i try to upload a file i hit

Internal Error

Could not copy file "/tmp/phpwt3Ukb" to "/var/www/vhosts/hard-light.net/httpdocs/wiki/images/8/80/Wcs_logo_160_128.jpg".

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Erm... that's beyond me. I tried to CHMOD the subfolders, but the FTP user doesn't have permissions to touch them, apparently. :confused:
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
I noticed this while i was browsing the net... Dunno if it helps though

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Uploading_files

There are couple of mentions of the similar error as seen in wiki currently.

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Speak to taylor. IIRC he set up the security on the server that we're all using right now.
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
Thanks for the tip..

And big thanks to taylor.

Issue seems to have been solved.