Author Topic: GR-75 Gallofree transport  (Read 6228 times)

Offline Acin

GR-75 Gallofree transport
Hi there!
In that case I'll start working on the GR-75 Gallofree transport. It is a bit tricky but I think I'm up to it with my infant skills. If anyone has already settled on this model, please let me know.

THX!
Find me on Skype as Martin Laske in Germany, Oberwesel

Offline Tempest

• The Star Wars Conversion
    • The Fate of the Galaxy - SWC
Re: GR-75 Gallofree transport
Nobody's on it, and we'd love to see one, since none of us have the courage do do one ourselves. Make sure you do it in an app. that can export to something we can use though, so all your hard work doesn't go to waste. Also, we strive for quality here at SWC so make sure you use schematics. You can find schematics of almost every p1 and p2 vessel on the resources page at our website. Thanks!
"... and the klingons also were the soviet's space program. i mean can you really believe that a bunch of communist farmers can make rockets like that?"
-Axem

My photobucket: with all my shiny new stuff on it! http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o116/Tempest_77/

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
In fact, here's the copy on Wookieepedia.  http://images4.wikia.com/starwars/images/8/86/GR75transport_schem.jpg

I hope your 'infant skill' include putting the blueprints into the modeling app to be used, if not drop by the IRC room and someone can probably help you.  Hope it looks good!
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline Acin

Well thank you for your encouragement  ;) I'll try my best. By the way, that is exactly thee blueprint I'm using. However, as opposed to other spacecrafts, there is not really a lot one can look up from on the internet. I will have to think of some parts myself. I'll draw at first an empty version of the ship without cargo inside- the empty shell so to say. Infact I thought it would be even possible that - in the game - once you knock out the shields, you could even shoot right into the cargobay not necessarily blowing up the whole ship. On the other hand, once you destroy the ship, there should be a LOT of Debee flying around. I have read that the Cargo was held by an electromagnetic field in side the bay, so once this one is gone the ship start loosing containers.

Offline Acin

OK, here is a littel update on my doings. At the same time I'd be happy on any feedback about the details. I yearn for picture material!! Can any of you send me some more freeze-frames of this ship from the Episode 5?
 I'm modeling with AutoCAD14 (in a polish language version :)), and I'd like to ask any of you guys if you can convert .dwg files to format compatible with the remaining models. I do not want to overdo it but from what I've seen I'll have quite a lot of triangles in this model (due to AutoCAD). I hope one of you can reduce this number later on. I also thought of maybe designing a bit of the ship's interior. It would make a nice impression of actually looking into the ship after blowing some holes in the hull :-).
« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 08:02:08 pm by Acin »

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Here's everything I've got on the Gallofree.

http://swc.fs2downloads.com/media/Gallofree.7z

Great job on the engines!
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Offline Tempest

• The Star Wars Conversion
    • The Fate of the Galaxy - SWC
I believe I can import from your AutoCad .dwg file, so there shouldn't be many worries there. Good luck, it's a hard ship to make.
"... and the klingons also were the soviet's space program. i mean can you really believe that a bunch of communist farmers can make rockets like that?"
-Axem

My photobucket: with all my shiny new stuff on it! http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o116/Tempest_77/

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
DWG is pretty common, I'm almost certain 3ds max can do it, or something else that AutoCAD exports to, and we've got several people with a copy of max available.

Offline Acin

some more work has been done. Thanks for the images!

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Looking good.  Did my archive help much?

Offline Acin

Well I have already seen half of the archive dispersed throughout the internet. I was quite fond of the images shot especially from the stern of the ship. If anyone has some more shots, especially from below or from the stern-side, please mail me !!! Nevertheless there is a lot of imagination-work left, especially because some of the details blueprints and images contradict eachother. Nevertheless, I'll manage :-). Brandx0 might add me here to the WIP list :yes: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,48459.0.html

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
I got it.  Keep it up.  I don't know of any more images of it, but just keep searching if you need more.  I wish there more more of the movie model from better angles.

Offline Acin

A top-view, a top-view a kingdom for a top-view!

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
if you google for gallofree transport, there's a few pictures of a toy that might be close enough to scale, if that's all you need it for.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam

Let me know if I need to up the quality of these or get them from a different time frame...

Offline Acin

Well well well !! That is a big thank you JR! This should help me a little. :-) those few images captures moments after oneanother give ma a bit of a plastic impression of the ship when flipped back and forth. Thanks a lot man!

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
:D  np  :yes:

Offline Acin

.. a little progress update. It's going slow, for I'm struggling with the curvatures, but I'm managing and getting better day by day :-)