Author Topic: Sol: A History - [SAH] - [PT 100%|FC 95%|Te 25%|VA 0%]  (Read 36289 times)

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
Re: Sol: A History - [SAH] - [PT 100%|FC 95%|Te 25%|VA 0%]
Look at my signature. It has a link to the upgraded version of SAH, which worked fine to me. Just follow the instructions on what to do to get it running. However, it doesn't include the edited campaigns, only the original ones.

Offline Macfie

• If somebody made a campaign I've probably got it
In the final mission of the second campaign the news report for the establishment of the Earth alliance goes too fast to read.  Also there is a support ship model that has a cockpit.  I don't remember where I got it but I can post it to the filefront account if you're interested in including it with the update mod.
Normal people believe that if it isn't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it isn't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.
The difference between Mechanical Engineers and Civil Engineers is:
Mechanical Engineers build weapons.  Civil Engineers build targets
An optimist sees the glass half full; the pessimist sees it half empty. An engineer sees that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
I have it

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
In the final mission of the second campaign the news report for the establishment of the Earth alliance goes too fast to read.  Also there is a support ship model that has a cockpit.  I don't remember where I got it but I can post it to the filefront account if you're interested in including it with the update mod.

You may edit the mission file and change the delay...training messages usually are too fast...
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
Or maybe you edit it and make it standart. I remembered it was too fast for me too.

Offline rbxplayer

• A bit tight with RL at the moment
SAH 3rd Campaign

I could not complete the mission where you need to destroy a convoy with 2 wings of Ulysses fighters and the Ahab.

The wings stopped firing at the convoy after destroying the fighters. When asking them to destroy a target, they move close but do not fire at all.
Ijja l-mewt li taghmilna bnedmin jew l-imhabba?

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
I have a problem myself. I don't think anything was changed, as I see some errors myself. Though there is grammar fixed in 1 mission.

By the way, you shouldn't have removed the background divides. Now certain background planet bitmaps are stretched.

And regarding the Earth- it was supposed to be very near it, so I think of getting a skybox for missions near Earth.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
ShadowGorrath: All the changes I made can be found in the mission pack I have recently ULed.

I get your reference to the actual status of certain background bitmaps but the divisions made them look very strange. Right now I think changing either dimension(x or y), depending on the position of the bitmap, should make them look more regular. Es. if x=4 and y=4 make a bitmap look stretched x=4 y=5.5/6 should make it look better. I made this kind of change to some bitmaps.

rbxplayer: Strange, the last time I played the mission my wingmen targeted the convoy...
The Lightblue Ribbon

Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)

Offline rbxplayer

Mobius, the secret is not assigning orders to Alpha wing or Beta wing; otherwise, the wings start flying around without firing...

I am midway through the 3rd campaign, plan to finish the 4th campaign by next week and then shift to testing Warzone.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
I get it, but I don't know what the problem is about... :wtf:
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline rbxplayer

Campaign 3 - attacking the convoy with the Ahab... see threads above

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
You said that the secret is not assigning orders to wingmen, otherwise they ignore the target...that's what I'm thinking about...
The Lightblue Ribbon

A few minor things I've noticed.

Campaign 1

Mission 10: Aftermath (EAC1-Fin.fs2) – final one

- Briefing stage 1 of 2, second sentence: “…to take part…” typed twice

- Music that starts playing near the end of the mission (when you see the "The End" text on the screen) can be heard over the ambient FS2 track.

Campaign 3

Mission 1: The Eastern Front (EAC3-A1.fs2)

- If only one frieghter survives until the end you get a message from Trist 1 saying that "The freighters are safe", even though there's only one (there's 3 in all to be defended by the player).

Mission 3: Innocence (EAC3-A3.fs2)

- The wingmen didn't seem to be interested in engaging the frieghters or cruisers much. I had to destroy nearly the whole convoy single-handed by firing from maximum range.

- Final “campaign briefing”, stage 6/10, first para, second sentence, “vaporising” misspelt as "vapourising." I could be wrong though, there're variations of it that are correct.

(Btw I'm not a spelling or grammar expert, I just pick up on these rather unimportant errors sometimes.  Besides I need to show you people that I'm busy testing.)  :D

Also I've found that messages tend to not stay on-screen for long enough to be read - this applies to nearly all the missions in this mod that I've so far tested (note that I'm currently on the fourth campaign), and especially those in blue text that appear in the political broadcast at the end of campaign 2.

Currently I am testing campaign 4 but having difficulty scanning the 3 cruisers' nav systems in time before they are destroyed.

P.S: Has anyone noticed the size difference noticeable when a Centaur docks with a Claymore when you use the external view? I didn't realise the support ship looked that big, eihter that or the Claymore is really small. I think it's the difference in the size of the two ships' cockpits.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2008, 02:26:09 pm by lostllama »

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Hey, do you have access to the internal forum?
The Lightblue Ribbon

Not sure. Could you provide a link please? I haven't been keeping up with events recently.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
As far as I know you should have access...look at this board...there's a PRIVATE forum on the top :)

EDIT: I mean subforum...our internal is a child board like "Voice acting" and "Recent builds" :)
The Lightblue Ribbon

Ah! Yes I can access it. I must be blind or something.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Feel free to create a new thread there :)
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Ashrak

• Not Banned
    • Imagination Designs
so, voice acting this thing? go or no go willing to do some roles for sure :)

if i try i can probly squeese out different people, i can sorta du rashan (russian) accent since its my 3rd language and iv been able to speak it since i was 5 :)
I hate My signature!

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
There's a thread in Voice Acting for it. :)
The Lightblue Ribbon