Author Topic: Intersystem jump drive  (Read 2454 times)

Offline Grunt

Intersystem jump drive
I've read this part of the WiKi:
http://www.hard-light.net/wiki/index.php/Intersystem_jump_drive

It's confusing and should be changed.
It explains intersystem subspace jumps like something that goes within a system. It's not correct.
INTER- means "BETWEEN TWO (or more) ..."
Interplanetary = between planets
Interstellar = between stars
International = between nations

So intersystem means "between two systems".
The explanation talks about INTRAsystem in fact.

Then it says ships can manouver and track each other in subspace during "intersystem" jumps, as Terran ships tracked the SD Lucifer before it jumped to Earth.
Now this was in subspace between two stars, so it was indeed "intersystem".

It should be clarified.

Just fly on !

Offline Shade

Re: Intersystem jump drive
Fixored.
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Bigger problems then that with it, but also fixed.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Grunt

Perfect.
Just fly on !

I created a separate page for Intersystem jump drive and "please see" links at the top of both pages, so that the user may clearly see which drive they are looking at. In the future, perhaps we can create an entire subspace category or "series" a la Wikipedia, so that information about Subspace and subspace jumping is more readily obtainable. Right now they seem to be disconnected from one another.

I also created 2 redirect pages; "Subspace Node" or "Subspace node" will now redirect to the "Jump node" page.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
...we can create an entire subspace category or "series" a la Wikipedia, so that information about Subspace and subspace jumping is more readily obtainable...

Do we have *that* much to say about subspace?
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.